Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    Spoiler:
    just as the team did with todd's hive in "spoils of war" to destroy the cloning facility that posed a threat?
    Reply in tags.
    Spoiler:
    Well Todd already thought that the hive was lost, and it did not have a full compliment of troops. So silmilar result but different circumstances

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
    if all trust was lost, I doubt there would be cooperation in an upcoming episode. todd acted out of necessity, and in the end, it benefited both himself and atlantis/pegasus.
    I never there would not be any further cooperation but I also should have and thought about posting it that indeed Todd is a kind of asset but he crossed a line and it would not suprise me if after there next adventure they take care of him.

just b/c you don't trust someone does not mean you can't still work with them you just have to do it carefully.

And I know Todd had no choice at the end, but at the beginning he had a choice, to tell his sort of ally about the device instead of going bizirk on everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
      And I know Todd had no choice at the end, but at the beginning he had a choice, to tell his sort of ally about the device instead of going bizirk on everyone.
      Except that someone who lures you into a trap and activates a weapon designed to wipe out your kind is NOT what can be called an ally, and you are perfectly entitled to use as much harshness as is needed after such a enormous betrayal. Todd was even willing to let the crew go after he would have destroyed the Attero device.
      My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
      Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
      sigpic

Comment

I think Todd made the right things in this ep.
        sigpic

Comment

Isn't Todd still an underling to queen Teyla?

Anyway, I like Todd alot and as you other people have said his actions were not out of character. Considering the rumors about the atlantis teams in the pegasus galaxy I think sooner or later Todd will know what happened for real after they escaped into hyperspace... or there will be a disaster which forces us to team up with Todd again in some way.

Either way I really like him as a character, by far the best middle man sofar.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
            According to pictures Mallozzi posted on his blog. [/SPOILERS]

das
            Aaah, the seeds of Toddifer are sprouting nicely, I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
              Except that someone who lures you into a trap and activates a weapon designed to wipe out your kind is NOT what can be called an ally, and you are perfectly entitled to use as much harshness as is needed after such a enormous betrayal. Todd was even willing to let the crew go after he would have destroyed the Attero device.
              I understand your argument except that atlantis did not do it. So the Wraith were the ones who violated the verbal agreement not to take one anthers ships over. So my whole point was that the problem was alot smaller until the Wraith forceabily took over the dedy, b/c if todd would have just told cladwell what it was and where it was they would have got there blown it up in about a 1/3 of the time.

Comment

I agree. Todd should have talked it over with Caldwell first instead of taking the ship. But since he had the stun device with him before he knew what was happening, maybe his initial plan was to steal the Daedalus and offer its crew to his alliance as appeasement...

And to all the people who said he acted to save Wraith and Humans, ultimately he did nothing. It was Shep and the Traveler's ship who did all the beating. Shep saved both the Daedalus and the galaxy when he took out the Attero device. If Todd had just talked it over with Caldwell, then he would have been acting to save the galaxy, but his little stunt did more to put us in danger.

Comment

I understand your argument except that atlantis did not do it. So the Wraith were the ones who violated the verbal agreement not to take one anthers ships over. So my whole point was that the problem was alot smaller until the Wraith forceabily took over the dedy, b/c if todd would have just told cladwell what it was and where it was they would have got there blown it up in about a 1/3 of the time.
                  Yes Atlantis did. It wasn't planned, true, but McKay and Jackson didn't even flinch at the thought of eradicating the wraith...

By the way, are you condemning Ronon for killing wraith when he thought Todd had betrayed them? Yet, he's the one who shed the first blood. Even worse, he's the one who killed members of the other camp: At the end of the day, Todd didn't harm anybody.

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                  I agree. Todd should have talked it over with Caldwell first instead of taking the ship. But since he had the stun device with him before he knew what was happening, maybe his initial plan was to steal the Daedalus and offer its crew to his alliance as appeasement...
                  If it were true, why would he be so hurt at the thought that the Atlanteans betrayed him?

And to all the people who said he acted to save Wraith and Humans, ultimately he did nothing. It was Shep and the Traveler's ship who did all the beating. Shep saved both the Daedalus and the galaxy when he took out the Attero device. If Todd had just talked it over with Caldwell, then he would have been acting to save the galaxy, but his little stunt did more to put us in danger.
                  Todd ultimately did nothing because of Ronon. So sue him, not Todd.
                  Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes Atlantis did. It wasn't planned, true, but McKay and Jackson didn't even flinch at the thought of eradicating the wraith...

By the way, are you condemning Ronon for killing wraith when he thought Todd had betrayed them? Yet, he's the one who shed the first blood. Even worse, he's the one who killed members of the other camp: At the end of the day, Todd didn't harm anybody.

Did you even watch The lost Tribe? B/c if you did you would know that the Asgard attacked Atlantis stole the key and the Dr.'s then took them back to the device where they were made to activate the device or they would die.

And I do not blame Ronan, but Todd is to blame for the deaths of his soldiers.

Comment

I really liked Todd as an ally. However, I think they (the Atlantis expedition) should either eliminate Todd or keep him at a distance instead of being a close ally from now on.

Forget about trying to justify or rationalize Todd's recent behavior. The fact is that Todd now represents the greatest security risk to Earth and Atlantis in the Pegasus Galaxy. He hacked into the Atlantis system, and probably took specifications from Daedalus as well, so he may very well have knowledge of their hyperdrive technology and the exact location of Earth, among other things. With all the knowledge he potentially gained, he can strike Atlantis or Earth soon, or later when he's gained dominance in the Pegasus Galaxy. The Homeworld Security Department and the I.O.A. must surely be worried about this. If eliminating Todd isn't on the agenda, they should at least keep him at arm's length and make sure he doesn't gain control of Daedalus again, or even worse Atlantis or the Odyssey Flagship.

Furthermore, information seems to be flowing in only one direction. Todd seems to know about most of their technology, but they haven't learned much more about his. How does the area-wide stun weapons (including the device from "Midway") work, and how do they stop the effects? Are there other wraith weapons or devices we're not aware of? What really are Todd's short and long-term plans? They need to be performing espionage missions, and maybe using Teyla's telepathic powers to gain information about Todd, if he is to stick around.

Comment

Even though Todd took a step or two back in the ally department over the last couple of episodes, I still hope to see him around for some time to come. I have really come to enjoy seeing his interactions with the Atlantis team.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Did you even watch The lost Tribe? B/c if you did you would know that the Asgard attacked Atlantis stole the key and the Dr.'s then took them back to the device where they were made to activate the device or they would die.
                          Did you even watch "First Contact"? Because if you did, you would know that McKay and Jackson had no remorse whatsoever at the thought of basically eradicating the wraith; their only concern was the "unforeseen side effect".

And I do not blame Ronan, but Todd is to blame for the deaths of his soldiers.
                          Double standards. Humans are allowed to consider wraith betrayed them out of incomplete information, but wraith are not?
                          sigpic

Comment

Did you even watch "First Contact"? Because if you did, you would know that McKay and Jackson had no remorse whatsoever at the thought of basically eradicating the wraith; their only concern was the "unforeseen side effect".
                            You shouldn't be surprised, the Wraith are the enemy. And in war, you KILL your enemy. So their behavior was actully quite normal.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                              You shouldn't be surprised, the Wraith are the enemy. And in war, you KILL your enemy. So their behavior was actully quite normal.
                              Except they are not at war with Todd's faction anymore. You know the concept of truce, right?
                              sigpic

Comment

Except they are not at war with Todd's faction anymore. You know the concept of truce, right?
                                But they are at war with the Wraith in general and their truce with Todd is pretty shakey, they're both ready to stab each other in the back at any time.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                                X