This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foggygirl View Post
    IMO this episode was the best of this season (so far) anyway. I loved Search and Rescue but I really considered that a continuation of season four not really part of season 5. The Seed was a blah storyline and even Broken Ties was a bit meh at times but with the Daedalus Variations it seems like they have gotten back on track in terms of storylines and characters. I really hope that they bring these aliens back in future episodes because they were pretty narly!
    But on a slightly superficial note they really need to get rid of Jason's wig! The fake dreds are dreadful! LOL
    I completely agree with your ass.

You seem to be a very intelligent person!
    sigpicFreebie pics/gifs by sweetsamurai: photobucket.com (username: sweetsamurai - password: stargate200)

Comment

Originally posted by david2708 View Post
      Pretty overrated ep. Probably because the first three eps of the season were so mundanely mediocre.
      Wasn't a bad ep and it certainly wasn't a stellar one either.
      Nothing happened of much significance and all was normal by the end.
      The first 4 eps are essentially self contained episodes and the show seems to be going nowhere in particular. Kinda just treading water. They seem to have no idea what to do with the show. What a suprise!
      Ditto.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
      Message to John Sheppard: Where I come from we have a proberb: Sebechvála smrdi (self-praise stinks). I expected this to come from Mckay, but you doing it is just low
      Oh yeah, that was pathetic!
      sigpic

Comment

Damn good episode. I think that the fact that Shep so the alien symbol on the ship & then on the alien & the fact that they showed the symbol, maybe we well see it someday again (+ that cool alien race as an usual enemy race in the SGA series, or so I dream )
        The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
        Spoiler:
        Originally posted by Karhedron
        I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

You know, I should really stay spoiler free and I know I would really enjoy the episodes so much more.

This was a GREAT episode, but for some reason, I had different expectations for it, hence my bit of lack of such enthusiasm for it. However, it had almost everything that I love about SGA.

First of, the whole dropping baby in the beginning...GOT TO LOVE MCKAY! That had me rolling.

Next, the whole feel and effects to this episode....FANTASTIC!

DARE I WRITE THAT THE NEW ENEMY IS FREAKING HOT! They are not as creepy as The Wraith, but still have that evil, creepy, mysterious, feel to it.
          And Sheppard in an alternative reality...HOT!

The episode started a bit off, and I was sort of hoping to get a glimpse of the lives of the team in another reality. I thought that's what we were going to see and when Teyla questioned it, I just sat up in anticipation...YES< this is the moment of truth, and the, NAH!

So, setting that aside, I LOVED IT! It had the team together....LOOOOOVE THAT! It had them fighting a new enemy, LOVE IT!
          And it had the great lines that we love about SGA.

I looved loooooved that Teyla had so much to do in this one in helping the team. She could do so much and I just loved Rodney's expression when she helped him out...LOVED IT! he should know better after Sanctuary, but I guess not!

Teyla was fantastic and true to her character. I love how the writers are still showing that she's still struggling with leaving her baby behind and I"m glad that they are keeping it just that!

Ronon banging the buttons and John telling him those are his friends....Priceless!

Again, it was a very good team episode and overall, one of the best I've seen, without counting my little dissapointing...it's defintely a keeper!

Not a la Search and Rescue for me, but certainly a Fantastic Team Episode. That's what the show should be about...the team!
          sigpic

Comment

I know I'm showing my age here, but, the new aliens reminded me instantly of the one James Arnes played back in 1951 in The Thing From Another World.

http://www.scvhistory.com/gif/sg043006-arness3.jpg

Maybe someone from the production team was impressed with the Thing as well.

~Dave

Comment

I actually liked this episode quite a lot. It really was just pure entertainment with a little bit of character development. I really liked the fact that Teyla continues to prove that she is competent at using technology despite her humble upbringing. Its always nice to see a beautiful woman using her brains.

I also thought McKay dropping the baby was totally in character. And the fact that he was open about how much it hurt him to not be allowed to hold the baby after that showed some depth.

One thing that continues to kind of annoy me about SGA is how Sheppard treats McKay in just about every episode. I mean, I know a lot of their banter is playful, but in moments of high stress I get a little pissed off when Sheppard is always demanding results from McKay and then every time he messes up, McKay is the one to blame! I just get really defensive for Rodney when that happens. I'd like to see Sheppard try and do some of that stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                It seemed out of character...until someone pointed out to me that Sheppard was trying to annoy Rodney when doing it, and then it made much more sense to me. I laughed when I watched it the first time, but appreciated it more after looking at it with a different perspective.
                How did Rodney know Sheppard was talking to another version of Sheppard? He was in engineering when alt Sheppard identified himself and he didn't come onto the bridge until after our Sheppard made his first compliment. Even though it seemed like Rodney caught on to the love fest and that's why he rolled his eyes I kept wondering how it was he knew Sheppard was talking to "himself".

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
                  How did Rodney know Sheppard was talking to another version of Sheppard? He was in engineering when alt Sheppard identified himself and he didn't come onto the bridge until after our Sheppard made his first compliment. Even though it seemed like Rodney caught on to the love fest and that's why he rolled his eyes I kept wondering how it was he knew Sheppard was talking to "himself".
                  Well, it did sound like Shep
                  sigpic

Comment

Still I was most impressed....the possibilities of this episode are....endless.

Comment

Originally posted by jiklar View Post
                      I absolutely loved it but did anyone think it was weird that in the beginning no one bothered to call Woolsey? I mean he is the new commander of Atlantis and all. I know there's a dozen logical reasons why they didn't but it still seemed odd.
                      They did the same thing when Weir was in charge and again when Carter was in charge. With no explanation given.

Comment

Well, it did sound like Shep
                        It's funny you say that because when he first identified himself I thought that's not Sheppard, he doesn't sound like John. I don't know if it was because he was talking through the mask or what but I didn't believe it was him until they flashed inside the F-302, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by luvmac View Post
                          It's funny you say that because when he first identified himself I thought that's not Sheppard, he doesn't sound like John. I don't know if it was because he was talking through the mask or what but I didn't believe it was him until they flashed inside the F-302, lol.
                          Well, I'm with you there. It was Shep, yet it wasn't somehow!
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm with you there. It was Shep, yet it wasn't somehow!
                            One can always hope it was a whump-free Shep
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Didn't he say "Deadalus this is Colonel Sheppard" or something like that?
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. It was 43 minutes of a fun space romp for me. I enjoyed the story, and where it took me, and loved the action too - though there was nothing deep here for me to enthuse over. It was what is was; action, team, space and shoot out sort of television. Fun, and entertaining, but not going to have me thinking about it for hours and hours after. That's fine. Not all episodes can do that, nor should they.

I adored the alien bad guys, and really hope we'll be seeing them in our team's reality/timelime. They were really creepy! I really thought the vis effects were outstanding too, and loved the space battles. The new little fighter alien ships were really cool, IMO.
                                The aliens were great. As hard to kill as the Wraith used to be. I hope we see them again.
                                Enjoyed seeing the team together, that was a plus point for me too. There were some funny moments too. Initially the Alt Shep Our Shep complimentary scene threw me a little. It seemed out of character...until someone pointed out to me that Sheppard was trying to annoy Rodney when doing it, and then it made much more sense to me. I laughed when I watched it the first time, but appreciated it more after looking at it with a different perspective.

Quite a few people seem to have found Ronon banging the controls amusing. For some reason I thought it made Ronon look a bit, well, stupid. In all fairness I've banged buttons randomly when playing shoot 'em style games on various consoles, so I do have sympathy. I did like Sheppard's 'Chewie' line though.
                                I laughed when Ronon hit the contols. But yea....it did make him look foolish. It was out of character. I feel the same about Sheppard complimenting himself. It was cute at first, but went on a little too long. That was out of character for him. I thought they were all a bit off. It was so good to have the team all together again that I'm willing to overlook some things, but I would have liked it so much more if the team had been more true to character.
                                Teyla? Hmmmm, well, it was nice she had something to do, I suppose, though I do feel it was a bit of a stretch that a lesson with Marks suddenly made her seemlingly an expert. But I think it does add another dimension to her, and she sorely needs that, IMO.

I am finding the baby thing a trifle overdone now. Can the baby just go away now? Teyla has made a decision to rejoin the team. I understand about her concern for her child, but I just don't want to keep hearing about it. Sorry. I haven't really enjoyed the Teyla pregnancy storyline, and though I do understand the necessity to include it because of real life events, and have sympathy for the writers here, I just groan sometimes. I did like how it was all resolved in S and R, and thought it was important that Kanaan etc were dealt with, as they were in BT. But I've sort of had enough now.
                                Exactly. Of all the things for TPTB to decide to be consistent on, it had to be Teyla's baby angst? I want to see Teyla back with the team 100%. She had all of season four and all of BT this season to make a decisiion. That's an eternity in SGA world. Please, it's time to drop it.
                                I didn't really miss Woolsey here and saw no need for him to be in a token scene, which is a contrast to how I felt last season when Carter was missing so obviously on occasion. I don't know why it is that I felt differently in this episode. Maybe it's because it was on the Daedalus and Lorne did mention informing Woolsey of events? It seemed really well handled without him, IMO. I certainly didn't miss Keller. In fact it was rather nice NOT to have her around. She's just not part of the core team as far as I'm concerned, and a break from her rather distinctive voice was quite nice for me. I don't dislike Keller, but I really don't love her. I've liked her better this season, most definitely, so there's an improvement there, certainly, but I really was glad for the break. Sorry

So, all in all, a fun ride. Not a deep and meaningful episode for me, but an entertaining 43 minutes of scifi, with space battles, action and the odd bit of humour. 8/10.
                                I did kind of miss Woolsey. Just because I was so pleasantly surprised by how well he fit in his first few episodes. But you're right, there really wasn't a need for him here.

ITA about Keller. Part of me wishes they'd just scrap continuity and go back to the drawing board with Keller. Give Jewel something decent to work with and see if her character can fit in better. IMO Keller is just so ordinary in every possible way that she doesn't mesh with the rest of the expedition. I'm beginning to wish they'd cast Biro as the new head of medicine. At least she'd be good for a laugh and convincing as a seasoned professional.

Comment

Working...
                                X