No announcement yet.

Opening Title for SGA Season 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm referring to the titles as they appear in the Season 2 DVD set. Since I live in Canada we don't see the show on Sci-Fi.

And when you say 10 min. I presume you mean 10 seconds.
    My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

yeah 10 minutes was a typo. and they were they like that on the DVD do to fan outrage about the 10 sec credits
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        » I fastforward through the credits nowadays. It makes me sad not to see my old cast.
        Does it make you.... EMO

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

» Yes, I am quite emo about SG these days. I should whip out my "EMO" sigs again...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            yeah 10 minutes was a typo. and they were they like that on the DVD do to fan outrage about the 10 sec credits
            I first started watching SGA during season 3. Correct me if I'm wrong but do you mean that during season 2 SGA aired without the annoyingly long title sequence but then they were edited back onto the DVDs?

Comment

Yes and no. For 10 episodes of SGA S2 (and SG1 S9), SciFi had these short credits. The first video is SG1 and the second is SGA
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R0iK...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8XrsrBxKws
              When in went to Fox for syndication, they editied out the short credits and included the SG1 S9 and SGA S2 credits you are familar with. Fox also is the one who distrubtes the Stargate DVDs.
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Ah. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Interesting. However in Canada SG-1 Season 10 aired on Canada's "Space" channel on a roughly concurrent basis with Sci-Fi in the US (I believe Sci-Fi debuted in July and Space began in Sept. but after the mid-season break Space caught up.) "Space" aired all the season 10 eps with the longer title. Furthermore the S10 title wasn't the same as S9 as they added Vala to the credits in S10 as a regular, and that includes a shot of Vala running into the gate room to catch up with her colleagues.

This is just a guess, but I'm more inclined to think that the longer titles were always intended for the DVDs and the first-run foreign airings (Canada, UK etc.) and later syndication, while the shorter title was a customized version that Sci-Fi preferred, perhaps to allow them to cram in a bit more commercial time.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper View Post
                    Eliminating the opening and closing titles of an episode is the equivalent of tearing the cover off a good book.
                    No it's not, it's not even similar. A cover could be compared to the opening sequence of a movie, but even that's a stretch. To an episodic TV series there is no comparison, each episode has it's own story and feel, so the opening credits add absolutely nothing to the experience, especially for someone familiar with the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                      I first started watching SGA during season 3. Correct me if I'm wrong but do you mean that during season 2 SGA aired without the annoyingly long title sequence but then they were edited back onto the DVDs?
                      Personally I like the credit sequence the short one was annoying to me actually becuase it was done to air more commercials.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I wish they'd get away from the blue toned photos... otherwise, I love the music. As for the credits list.... well, I suspect Keller will die (once a doctor makes the main credits, they DIE), and otherwise, meh, not going to get in a twist over it. I'll leave that for the actor's agents

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          No it's not, it's not even similar. A cover could be compared to the opening sequence of a movie, but even that's a stretch. To an episodic TV series there is no comparison, each episode has it's own story and feel, so the opening credits add absolutely nothing to the experience, especially for someone familiar with the series.
                          Okay, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue but I still think my analogy is a good one. Part of my point was that you can tear the cover off a book and still enjoy reading what's inside, but even with the inner binding still intact, many would agree that something (perhaps undefinable) is missing from the reading experience. And of course many books are episodic in nature as well.

I think the same applies to most TV series. I, for one, think SG1 and SGA have great titles and theme music which I always enjoy watching and listening to. I believe that titles are important in that, first, they introduce and identify the show to viewers (especially important for new and infrequent viewers) and at the same time identify the regular cast, in turn giving them the credit they deserve.

Anyway, at least with the DVDs, we each have the option of watching or fast-forwarding through the credits as we please.
                          Last edited by Professor D.H.D. Puddlejumper; 17 July 2008, 09:15 AM.

Comment

» I personally think that after S3, they should have made completely NEW credits or just had an overlay when the show began.

» Those S2-S3 credits belong to Weir and Carson too, and you can't just cut and paste other names or sequences over them.

Comment

You mean how they cut and paste SG1 credits when Daniel replaced Jonas and Hammond left. Chances are keeping the credits close to the same saves money for SciFi
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                You mean how they cut and paste SG1 credits when Daniel replaced Jonas and Hammond left. Chances are keeping the credits close to the same saves money for SciFi
                                I would think it would save the show money to not completely redo the credits, unless it's been established somewhere that SciFi makes the credits, not Bridge (or whoever is the correct person to list as the show's production company - Acme Shark?).

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                                X