Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed this season opener and thought that the special visual effects were some of the best I've seen on tv (notwithstanding the building collapse).

If I remember correctly, it was episode 100 which is why there were so many 'old' characters in it. Very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tanie View Post
      If I remember correctly, it was episode 100 which is why there were so many 'old' characters in it. Very well done.
      The 100th episode was Enemy At The Gate - you remember incorrectly.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

just watched it again, superb episode, teylas giving birth to her baby, rodney helping her, carter releaved from her duties replaced by woolsey. awesome. yeah and they changed the tone of the show, to the better i thought.
        sigpic

Comment

A fantastic start to the season. Loved the acting, the emotions, action and pace. I loved Caldwell's ...beaming the baby into storage comment...and thought Shep looked very cute holding the child.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

this episode made me wonder why the wraith use cruisers at all. a supposed capital ship whose weapons can be disabled by a few 302s is not impressive
            R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Well, it's good to see Ford again. Did you notice he was visibly older? Even had a beard.
              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

ford wasn't in the episode i believe
                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
                  ford wasn't in the episode i believe
                  He had a cameo at the beginning when Shepphard was hallucinating
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

ah
                    dammit i was thinking bout the episode before this one
                    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
                      Well, it's good to see Ford again. Did you notice he was visibly older? Even had a beard.
                      That was the best thing about this episode.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, I loved this episode! Lots of whump... Pretty much a roller coaster.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          Oh, I loved this episode! Lots of whump... Pretty much a roller coaster.
                          Yeah me too...

I thought it was one of the best episodes of the entire series. Such a fantastic start to season 5. Pity things went downhill after that. I actually liked the change of direction in season 4/5 and thought both seasons had so much potential but were badly executed.

If they had continued to concentrate on the team instead of shoving in Keller and McKeller into nearly every episode season 5 could have been so much better.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                            Yeah me too...

I thought it was one of the best episodes of the entire series. Such a fantastic start to season 5. Pity things went downhill after that. I actually liked the change of direction in season 4/5 and thought both seasons had so much potential but were badly executed.

If they had continued to concentrate on the team instead of shoving in Keller and McKeller into nearly every episode season 5 could have been so much better.
                            I agree
                            sigpic

Comment

Great premiere.

Notes:
                              • The Visual Effects were amazing, Arc of Truth good. I guess In-House Department really got into their game (and Mark Savela) starting in Season 5.
                              • Heard a little bit of the score from "First Strike" in this one
                              • That whole sequence of from the planet to Michael's ship was awesome (Case in point #1)
                              • Rodney delivering Teyla's baby, great.
                              • Caldwell: "Can you make that ship go away, please?"

Tomorrow, I'm drawing a blank. I only clearly remember 2 episodes from this season (one of which I watched out of sequence earlier this year).
                              sigpic

Comment

Pretty good season opener.

That scene where we flew from the planet to Michaels cruiser was impressive. Felt like I was watching a different show entirely.

That shot when Michaels cruiser failed to enter hyperspace looked cool.

I love how even though Atlantis has puddle jumpers, we still get to see 302's from time to time.

How did Michael fly the puddle jumper? If he did actually take it. Can't remember.

Woolsey replacing Sam. NOOOOO!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X