No announcement yet.

The Sakari.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From that season 3 episode of SG-1. Alternate universe Hammond was shot twice with a Zat then brought back to life by the Asgard. I imagine that the Asgard of the mainstream universe can do so too. I would have been feeling it was a major continuity flaw if they couldn't, seeing as the Goa'uld and the Ancients can.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
      yes it will be pretty bad if they were a one hit wonder like the furlings.
      Yes, they will probably be along with the Retuu, Foothold aliens etc. When they said silicon based lifeforms I thought are these the reps again anyway now I think. They are Transformers hehe. They are silicon base life forms
      Last edited by YutheGreat; 15 November 2008, 05:07 PM.
      Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

yeah but wasn't that aspect of the zat (1 shot stun, 2 shot kill, 3 shot *poof*) retconned long before s3 ?

besides the evil asgard were (a bit) better than the regular asgards with their genetic tech, not a stretch to say that the alternate asgards could have been better than the regular ones too (and perhaps not as good in other fields)

or for all we know the alternate asgards never encountered the replicators & had more time to devote to their research & exploration

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
          yeah but she still had the asgard time dilation device (not like she had to build one from scratch) as well as the core containing the entire asgard scientific knowledge database (including time manipulation tech) literally at her fingertips, plus an AI hologram supposed to guide her. yet despite all this and the fact that she's one of Earth's elite she still took half a century to come up with something
          True, buit everything she tried, the hologram would say that it wouldn't work. And then finally she shut it off. lol So, even with it, there wasn't to much help. Atleast with the whole time thing in my own personal opinion. *nods*
          sigpic

Comment

Seeing as how the ancients and asgard were carbon-based, and the sakari were silicon-based, that is something amazing in itself.

Go Green

Comment

iirc there was an episode in Star Trek TOS where Kirk & co encountered a silicon-based species (they had to retune their handheld phazers to make 'em effective on those aliens). although they were intelligent enough to communicate with the humans they were still a primitive species

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
              True, buit everything she tried, the hologram would say that it wouldn't work. And then finally she shut it off. lol So, even with it, there wasn't to much help. Atleast with the whole time thing in my own personal opinion. *nods*
              that's all we heard holo-Thor say, but he had more built-in lines than that (I hope )

Comment

iirc there was an episode in Star Trek TOS where Kirk & co encountered a silicon-based species (they had to retune their handheld phazers to make 'em effective on those aliens). although they were intelligent enough to communicate with the humans they were still a primitive species
                True. Though in my own opinion, I don't think an unadvanced race could take their own genetic material, place it within 50 pods, and then send them out to try and revive their race. But I could indeed be wrong, has happened many times before. But that's how I see it.

that's all we heard holo-Thor say, but he had more built-in lines than that (I hope )

I hope so too, but it is all we heard him say. He seemed to think none of the ideas would work. So it was probably harder on her hearing him constantly say that her ideas wouldn't work then trying to get it to work on her own. *nods* Atleast, it would be a downer for me to hear someone constantly telling me that my ideas weren't gonna work all the time.
                sigpic

Comment

True. Though in my own opinion, I don't think an unadvanced race could take their own genetic material, place it within 50 pods, and then send them out to try and revive their race.
                  yeah but I also don't think a [very] highly advanced race would use pods to this end

Comment

Sam was trying to make something new with holo-Thor. If she had asked holo-Thor to explain how existing Asgard technology works then it wouldn't have been so negative.

Also, the Asgard not being able to solve their genetic degradation does not mean their medical technology sucked. It's not like it was an easy problem to solve. They've been manipulating their DNA for at least 30,000 years and they wanted to keep all the positive qualities of those changes, a brain powerful enough to hold their "massively superior intellect," and get rid of all the negative side effects.

Comment

yeah but I also don't think a [very] highly advanced race would use pods to this end
                      Maybe. Hopefully someday we may be able to find out. lol Would be nice.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                        So second most advanced civilization ever probably was just unveiled. Prior to tonight's episode the Asgard are the second most but they were only around for 100k years. The Sakari were around for millions. I am very very interested in learning more about these people.

What do you guys think?
                        I think it would be cool to see them again, but I don't think we will. There are only five episodes left, and none are about them. But maybe in a movie? *hopes*

Comment

well when looking at [incomplete] specs of Merlin's gadget Sam said she couldn't "make heads or tails" of it (Kvasir on the other hand could figure out what the thing did). chances are Sam would've taken quite a time to figure out how asgard tech worked (though maybe not half a century since she had some help)
                          time-reversal may have been a new thing but it still used an existing asgard device & knowledge (it ain't like she had to build new hardware or modify existing hardware). it's just that this variant wasn't preprogrammed into the core (unlike the time-dilation procedure which the asgard had used before)
                          chances are Thor would've come up with the time-reverse thing in, uh, no time

like Baal said Sam may be part of Earth's elite, but on an interstellar scale that doesn't mean much (even less on an intergalactic scale)

also solving genetic probs may not be easy by our 21th century terran standards (our own folks in white gowns are only dabbling in gene therapy right now) but one could expect different standards from a race that has figured out how to travel between galaxies in minutes, collapse stars into black holes & manipulate time itself
                          btw I don't recall the asgards saying they'd been "manipulating their DNA" over the last millenia, iirc their one & only goal had been to prevent further genetic damage, not give their evolution a boost (they even had one of their older humanoid clones to work on, oddly enough no more news on Heimdall's work)

btw they didn't have big heads, just small bodies ^__^ (due to the degradations)

Comment

Maybe. Hopefully someday we may be able to find out. lol Would be nice.
                            doubtful. the Gadmeer were never heard of again in SG1
                            and SGA series is drawing to its conclusion anyway

Comment

indeed...XD

Comment

doubtful. the Gadmeer were never heard of again in SG1
                                and SGA series is drawing to its conclusion anyway
                                True, but there is always hope. lol But it's a slim chance more then likely. I know. They still have the movies. *nod nod* Yes, I know I'm an odd person. lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X