The Sakari.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sakari.

So second most advanced civilization ever probably was just unveiled. Prior to tonight's episode the Asgard are the second most but they were only around for 100k years. The Sakari were around for millions. I am very very interested in learning more about these people.

What do you guys think?

well, they might be the first sentient race in the PG, even older than the Alterans in the PG
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

It would be NEAT .
      Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

yes it will be pretty bad if they were a one hit wonder like the furlings.
        The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

I think that would depend on The Powers That Be on wether or not they succeed in getting their population up and running. I mean, it could take a very long time to do so, who knows? I mean, I think there should be more about them though. I would love to see that and I hope they do follow through with something. But I will wait and see and cross my fingers.
          sigpic

Comment

I hope these guys aren't just a "single show" race(like furlings). Altough they are very old as a race they aren't so advance as the ancients/ori, they still have a material body.
            sigpic

Comment

The Asgard have a history of 100,000 years. The Sakari evolved over millions of years. That's a big difference.

Also, the fact that they used those crappy little pods to resurrect their species instead of ships means that they're probably not that advanced.

Comment

Where did you guys get this number of 100.000 years from?

Comment

The Asgard in "The Lost Tribe" said that they have 100,000 years of history.

Comment

Lost tribe it clearly stated that the Asgard has 100,000 thousand years of recorded history.

The Sakari are indeed a mysterious race. I suspect they would have to be incredible advance beyond even the Asgard for the IOA and Rodney to be excited about trying to keep the knowledge. In fact they probably even more advance than what they made out to be because surly the AI would of hid their true technological capabilities. In fact considering we have both the Asgard and the Ancient database it would have to contain some knowledge which rival both.

But with the series ending I doubt we will see them in he future. Through their always a possibilities that the probe could speed up their evolution but I doubt it.

Through again the writers are really trying to make the Pegasus galaxy a more diverse galaxy it just a shame they did not start doing this in season1 when they could of started following up on these stories.

I wonder if the ancients knew them and how the two cultures related to one and other. I think the Sakari probably were not interested in space flight or exploration. What happen to their planet. Which would explain how they built such an advance probe design to last for million of years and still get knot of course and crash land. It would of been so cool if at the end if they had a short story explaining their culture and we sure views of their home world.

Their was one big problem I had with the story was why could not the AI seed the planet with the biological components and then send the Apollo a transmission relaying all the technological data. Plus surly she must of found our about the wraith and so wanting to strut up some sought peace treaty to provide protection for her new race.
                    Last edited by knowles2; 15 November 2008, 04:47 AM.

Comment

So what did these new guys look like? I hope they looked truly alien.

Its a same Atlantis is finally getting some much needed alien life, and the shows gone and been canceled. Maybe they can reappear in a future film or something as an ally?
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        So what did these new guys look like? I hope they looked truly alien.

Its a same Atlantis is finally getting some much needed alien life, and the shows gone and been canceled. Maybe they can reappear in a future film or something as an ally?
                        Truly alien.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                          Truly alien.
                          Cool has anyone got a picture, drawing or description?

I have not seen this Episode yet, but the second I heard a new race has shown up I just decided to ignore all the spoilers and find out anyways.

So not including the return of the Asgard this is the second new alien race this series! Possibly more if you count have Replicator Weir said about all the computers and technology she has been in...
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Daedalus Variations Aliens
                            The mist aliens

but yeah it nice to get new aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                              Daedalus Variations Aliens
                              They were very, very humanoid, though.

Here's a picture of a Sakari (or, rather, the A.I. taking the form of a Sakari):

Comment

Working...
                              X