Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im just happy there was a aussie flag...woot!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      To Vala M,

If anyone calls this episode predictable I am going to scream my head off !
      I absolutely love it, it's my kind of episode...but prepare your vocal chords:

Spoiler:
      ...it was predictable, including the Zelenka allucination. No other way the ep made sense. Everybody saw what they wanted or what they feared to see. Wow, does John have a sacrificial lamb complex....? Man!
      sigpic
      Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
      Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

wow that show was disapointing , all of this was just a there supconsion mind and was this not little to much alike in some way the episode
        "scharted earth" in season 4 of sg-1

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          I absolutely love it, it's my kind of episode...but prepare your vocal chords:

Spoiler:
          ...it was predictable, including the Zelenka allucination. No other way the ep made sense. Everybody saw what they wanted or what they feared to see. Wow, does John have a sacrificial lamb complex....? Man!
          I wish we were getting a 6th season, because you can almost gurantee that the writers would of dove more into Sheppard's personality and past. It's a shame, because the last 2 seasons have really developed the characters nicely.
          sigpic

Comment

you mean if we got 20 more eps we MIGHT get something more than the shep and rodney hour x 20?

If they were going to scatter the team up, it would have been nice to see zelenka's or teyla's or ronon's worst nightmares/secret wishes, do something different from the endless 'shep getting beaten up, rodney ranting then being right' schtick they're so fond of.

that's part of what had me shaking my head, it was a cliche fest. That's what was so annoying to me, it was just the same old, same old, same old, over and over.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I wish we were getting a 6th season, because you can almost gurantee that the writers would of dove more into Sheppard's personality and past. It's a shame, because the last 2 seasons have really developed the characters nicely.
              What development !!

They had 5 years to develop Sheppard and they did nothing with him so what makes you think that anything would have changed if they had gotten a sixth season. Remnants was the last opportunity for the writers to try and delve into what made Sheppard tick and once again they failed to do so, and they knew that is was their last opportunity.

Nothing would have changed in season 6. They would have continued to focus on Rodney and probably now Keller as well, with a bit of hero Sheppard on the side and a smidgen of Ronon and Teyla...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                What development !!

They had 5 years to develop Sheppard and they did nothing with him so what makes you think that anything would have changed if they had gotten a sixth season. Remnants was the last opportunity for the writers to try and delve into what made Sheppard tick and once again they failed to do so, and they knew that is was their last opportunity.

Nothing would have changed in season 6. They would have continued to focus on Rodney and probably now Keller as well, with a bit of hero Sheppard on the side and a smidgen of Ronon and Teyla...
                Huh? I have watched this show and have seen lots of development. Oh well. Cannot agree with them all.
                sigpic

Comment

Man am I pissed. Another great episode and they cancelled this show! This really isn't fair. This has been a great season and with all these great eps it makes the cancellation that much harder on me. Ok enough ranting. Now on to the ep. Even though this wasn't the real Koyla it was great seeing him again. Loved the reaction with Rodney at te end about Zelenka that was priceless, also loved the AI tricking Chow. Very different ep but well done in definitely the best season.
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                    What development !!

Are you sure we are watching the same show because I have seen plenty of development over years.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by TragicComedy View Post
                      I'm actually kind of surprised at the downing of Shep being all male about the scientist at the beginning. I mean, seriously, he's a GUY! They do these sorts of things. It's called wanting to get some action. Now I thought her nerdiness was a little over the top but as for Sheppard, his actions were completely believable.
                      Exactly! If I was single and on Atlantis and had the option of doing Job X by myself or Job Y with an attractive man, Job Y would be my first choice. Heck, even if nothing happened or developed, I would've spent some time with a cutie!

I thought this was a fun ep. 8 of 10 on the J_I Scale. We figured out it was an AU-type of ep somewhere along the way cuz of how people were acting and how it was shot/edited. I've seen enough TV in general and SG eps in specificity to spot these kind of eps. Go me! Doesn't mean that the writers/producers/directors/actors did anything wrong. It's like murder mysteries. Read enough of them, you can spot clues faster than newbies.

All of the acting was very, very good. Robert Davi and JF do act very well together and Shep spoke volumes with his facial expressions. Sure, if we'd found out a bit more background in this ep, I would've been happy, but I'm not disappointed cuz it didn't happen. (Just wish there'd be a Sixth Damn Season!)

David Nykl was very subtle in his playing of AI!Zelenka. The giveaway for us was the "brilliant" comment, but even that was explained by Zelenka.

Robert Picardo was brilliant again, and we got some character development for Woolsey.

The IOA are a bunch of dweebs. I think Shen was making a power play, wanting Atlantis for herself, no matter how good Woolsey had been. Loved how the AI played her at the end.

LOL @ Woolsey calling Chuck "Chet" and Chuck's irritation about it. Chuck rocks.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

IMO, when it comes to Sheppard - we have seen him grow from a guy who kept much to himself and wondered if he'll ever get past the rank of Major to an officer who's willing to take risk for his friends and colleagues, even if it goes against direct orders and who enjoys beer and whiskey during down low.

*Down-low as in relaxing and chilling out and not that of M2M relationship though when it comes to Sheppard, in my head, he can go both ways, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                          the past two episodes have been fantastic!!
                          I agree. 'The Prodigal' and 'Remnants' are good episodes.

I like the idea of a dormant and advanced civilisation emerging from the ocean (sort of). And I liked Woolsey's reaction. He's no more part of the IOA, he doesn't share their point of view anymore. And I'm glad he chose to send back the device instead of using the data. I'll quote Jack O'Neill in 'Shades of Grey' :

About the Tollan, Tok'ra, Asgard, Nox :
                          MAKEPEACE: They refuse to give us the things we need to defend ourselves against the Goa'uld.
                          O'NEILL: We don't need their stuff, Makepeace. We do need them.

John's hallucination was great. I really thought Koyla was back (At first, I didn't understand why he didn't explain in detail about this ancient stuff he used to raise from the dead). I began to question myself when Koyla cut John's hand. It couldn't be real (although I nearly had a heart attack).

I love the little chat at the end when the Artifical Intelligence tells John he tortures himself everyday. This is awesome and brillant. John pretends to be cool, relax, funny, but in reality, his thoughts are very dark and he's full of remorses. I like to see this side of John, we also saw it in 'Doppleganger'.

Sheppard : "Lorne warned me about this" Hilarious !
                          Last edited by Nath; 16 November 2008, 01:19 PM.

Comment

There is a possibility that the secret behind Sheppard may not appear in the series, instead showing up in the movie. Then again, it may not be ever explained at all, but there are clues...

There have been a lot of - well, you could call them "hints" - about Sheppard regarding his ATA gene as well as his overall inteligence.

There's also been virtually nothing mentioned about his mother, despite the fact his father is (or was) a soldier like him - a note that was originally present on SCIFI's hub for the show when it was first launched, but has since been removed and updated in Outcast [4x15]. The story about the three servicemen he tried to save has been done to death and there's no reason to keep going on about it. But, there is tension in the episode that remains to haunt his past, so maybe the part about his mother is something that hasn't been yet revealed; which may also be linked to his inherent, dominant control over Ancient tech compared to other characters.
                            "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
                            ==============================================================
                            Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
                            Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Are you sure we are watching the same show because I have seen plenty of development over years.
                              Are we watching the same show? I mean for Sheppard specifically. We are introduced to him in Rising as a loner type. He goes to Pegasus, kills his CO (an act of mercy and necessity), takes over command. In the next ep, he volunteers to be the one to trap an alien entity in its special cage. So in the first two eps we see a man who doesn't share much of himself, that can make the tough (and dark) decisions and risks his life for others. It was reinforced in S1 in The Eye and The Siege. After all these years, he still can't give someone a hug. When have you ever seen him share something personal or private?

What have we learned about him since? How has he changed? Does he have friends? Sure. Did he before? Sure. We know from Home and Phantoms that he had good buddies in the military.

We also know he has an ex-wife, a brother, and a father that he had a falling out with. That's not character development. That's background.

We've seen Rodney learn how to get along with others (when he chooses), admit that he has quirks and wants to overcome them, calm down, open up. We've seen Keller toughen up. We've seen Woolsey loosen up. This year is the first time I've seen any difference in Teyla (her priorities have changed). I can't tell you one thing about Ronon or Sheppard that's changed in 5 years (4 in Ronon's case).

Please point out what I've missed. Specifics, please.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

SGA - MGM Stargate: NEW Behind the Scenes Photos - 'Remnants':

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=922

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                                SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                                Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X