• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Remnants' (515) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 515

While being evaluated by the I.O.A. Richard Woolsey meets a beautiful scientist new to Atlantis, who is not what she appears. Sheppard is captured and tortured by an enemy he thought was dead.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:37 AM.

As soon as Sheppard's hand came off, I knew it was a dream, because the powers that be do not have the balls to do permanent damage to any of their leads.

The whole episode should have been about Sheppard. Cut the I.O.A. subplot and the "political intrigue" angle, leave the pure science fiction and the angsty Shep-plot, and it would have been pure gold.

This could have been so much better...

Comment

It really had me going!!
      WEIR: We wouldn’t be having this problem if the damn Alpha site that we’d picked hadn’t been marked by the Wraith.
      SHEPPARD: They’re a real pain in the ass, aren’t they?!
      WEIR: Yes they are!

Comment

That was the most complicated episode ever written!

Vala,

Comment

Great episode. I think they made a mistake by not retrieving the data though, there was no civilization to be saved, only the potential for one, and I get the feeling the writers have misunderstood evolution theory, again. My one complaint would be the alien, if you're going to spend funk knows how much money on CG for it then don't waste it by just creating a humanoid one, it's pointless.

Comment

Fantastic episode! Season five has been a bit sub-par, but survivable, however the past two episodes have been fantastic!!

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I liked the episode...there were some weak points, but it was interesting and of course, the ending was very good. It was fun trying to guess what was real and what was not.

Comment

Excellent well written episode. I loved the whole twist at the end. I loved how all 3 stories merged together at the end.
                sigpic

Comment

I actually didn't care for this one at all upon first viewing. Gut reaction is "blah". Maybe if I watch it again it will do something for me but as of right now it's one of my least favorite of the season. It was convoluted and, frankly, kind of boring. While it was interesting to see the tables turned on Woolsey and him to be the one in the hotseat getting raked over the coals for not following protocols the whole thing seemed kind of tired and done already. I and I'm thinking most everybody else figured out, or at least had a good idea, that Kolya wasn't Kolya pretty quickly. Also am I the only one that found the whole Kolya hallucination scenario and the exlpanation behind it just plain wierd and unecessary? I mean, is that the only way they could communicate with him? Oh, I know, supposedly Sheppard had a hand in his own hallucinations but still.

I don't know...I don't really know how exactly to put it in to words yet, I'm still digesting.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I did like the episode, but was a little disappointed with the Sheppard story. Don't get me wrong I love his character, my favorite. But from Mallozzi's blog I though we would learn more about what drove him, learn more about him. But the two or three options that were given about his "back story" was pretty much a given. I mean I think we all figured he took all deaths as a failure on his part, he has a death wish, or that he was running from something in his past or trying to make up/fix something from his past. That was the only thing that disappointed me, but overall it was a good episode.
                    there’s a decent living to be made in the selling out of ideals--Darren Hayes

Comment

Overall, a pretty good episode. I noticed some choppy editing (one second, you're in Atlantis, then a few seconds of Sheppard, then back to Atlantis). Just a bit too quick.

All the stories tied in nicely and cuz I hadn't read all spoilers, the inclusion of Zelenka as not real was a pleasant surprise. Still would have preferred a lot more on Sheppard's situation (fingers crossed for some good fanfic out of it).

Comment

I liked this ep a lot. As soon as they cut Sheppard's hand off I kept thinking that how ever they 'fixed' it at the end was probably going to be lame, but it was pretty cool how it played out. I only figured out that Kolya was a hallucination like 10 seconds before they revealed it, so that was cool. I mainly figured it out because it was close to the end and it none of that really made any sense unless it was going to be a two parter, which I knew it wasn't. Overall, very good ep. 8.5/10

Perfecto!

Comment

When Kolya went to cut off his hand, and it went to a commercial break, I was saying, nah he probably missed. Then when you see it bandaged up, I was like! I loved the twist at the end how it was a hallucination. Stargate has always been about making new allies and finding new technology. I liked how this ep went back to the Stargate roots.
                          sigpic

Comment

Amazing episode. I am actually surprised with Mallozi/Mullie's writing. I knew that all 3 sub-plots would tie together as one. I knew right from the beginning that 'Kolya' was not 'real' and in fact he was either an alien impersonating or an illusion. (Connected with the 'alien laptop' McKay found.)

I loved the ending where the AI tricked the I.O.A representative into that scheme to help Woolsey out. That simply iced the cake.

Overall, great episode. I was really surprised.

The alien looked interesting as well as the name itself. The Sacari? I believe that was the name. I am glad that the AI showed an image of the alien species because that also iced the cake. Come to think of it, this episode kind of reminded me of the SG-1 episode, 'Scorched Earth'. This ranged from the AI 'representative' to (I believe Rodney mentioned this.) a 'silicon species' to where the team needs to help this species (Without their knowledge of course.) to continue their mission of seeding. A lot of similarities between the two which I enjoyed.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            When Kolya went to cut off his hand, and it went to a commercial break, I was saying, nah he probably missed. Then when you see it bandaged up, I was like! I loved the twist at the end how it was a hallucination. Stargate has always been about making new allies and finding new technology. I liked how this ep went back to the Stargate roots.
                            Exactly. This episode really made it feel like a 'classic Stargate' episode.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                            and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              actually, there should have been seepage on the bandaged stump, even if they cauterized it.

but anyway, I loved the "Lorne warned me me about you" remark Sheppard made to Parrish, who is now playing Dr. Tesla on Sanctuary...

Comment

Working...
                              X