This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Prodigal ws wonderful. dramatic and intriguingthis to me, was just?* muddled mess. maybe if john had known that it wasn't real and 'fought' kolya to get kolya to admit it was fke or something like that. i can see woolsey getting fooled, but not someone with shep's experience. if shep spent the eps going 'this is not real, this is not real' that would have added some drama.
    You expect less from a Mallozzi episode?I'm sorry but a closer glance tells me this episode was was on the low list for S5. JM' just isn't a good write anymore. He should stick to producing.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

"OMG"

later

lorne warned me about this"

i missed it on the first watch
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I almost didn't watch this one because of the previews, but I'm glad I did. It was good.

The previews went way over the top with making it look dark. They clipped the "They're as good as dead." line to sound like "r as good as dead", which sounded like he was referring to Sheppard being heavily injured even beyond the arm thing.

"I have darkness inside of me!" - SpongeBob Squarepants

Comment

very good episode, but am surprised no one called it a 'filler' episode. As I did not see it advance any story line. But, if it was filler it was a good one.
          My Story:
          http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            You expect less from a Mallozzi episode?I'm sorry but a closer glance tells me this episode was was on the low list for S5. JM' just isn't a good write anymore. He should stick to producing.
            joe can be a very good writer. but, like cooper, he needs someone to 'beta' his work. someone to read it over and go 'huh? what the heck is that'

I'm not seeing much proofreading or fact checking going on.

and, as such, you seem to get a lot of 'wow, i think this is a wonderful idea' type of stories that don't quite stand up to the test of 'time' and viewership
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I liked the ep, and ofcourse there are things that were strange and bad-writing afterwards, but the episode flowed nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Rine View Post
                I know, SkyDiver, I'm trying to figure out what alerted Sheppard and that chick to Parrish's flower discovery thing...did he yell or something? 'Cause *I* didn't hear anything.
                the little scientist dude yelled 'oh my god!'

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                When I watched the audio was just fine, perhaps it's a cable company thing?
                just the show. it was fine for the commercials and fine for sanctuary. it was jsut a bit out of sync is all....you'd see hte lips move a fraction of a second before you'd hear the sound.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Nice. Not so original but perfectly matched to SG concept. I liked the end of the episode and Woolsey was great all the time.
                  And, I like Anna Galvin so I enjoyed her in this episode. I knew that Sheppard will have some halucinations but that is it all connected, it was a little predictable after some clues (and looking back) but also a nice suprise in the end.
                  Great Zelenka/McKay scenes.
                  I didn´t like Sheppard´s story-line too much cos I think he looked a little like a guy who needs help I am sure that Sheppard whumpers are thrilled (even cut off hand is already beyond whump imo ) but imagine a torture? And also the reason he stayed with those scientists? And, he is a military commander, he shouldn´t even be there, less than try to "spend the night" with some science chick.

But, all in all, a really nice episode.

And did I say I loved the last scene?

I can´t wait Brain Storm!

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Kinda liked this episode. Could have done without the creepy sceintest stalking at the begining - Why do they feel the need to do that to Shep?

would have liked to have seen more of Teyla and Ronan still missing that team vibe where there all together for the majority of an episode. not just scene on there own or with other people.

6/10 fro me
                    sigpic
                    banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Atlantis continues to impress me, Remnants was another great ep with some nice and interesting twists. the Shep/Kolya storyline was awesome
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm actually kind of surprised at the downing of Shep being all male about the scientist at the beginning. I mean, seriously, he's a GUY! They do these sorts of things. It's called wanting to get some action. Now I thought her nerdiness was a little over the top but as for Sheppard, his actions were completely believable.

Comment

jeje i didnt believe that sb. can cut sheppard´s hand off that easy. but i didnt think on the story. was cool. the last 2 eps were really cool. but somehow its time for a new race like they encountered in that ep.
                          Spoiler:
                          Mission report. Michael invaded Atlantis, tried to blow it up. We stopped him. End of report.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celesto View Post
                            jeje i didnt believe that sb. can cut sheppard´s hand off that easy. but i didnt think on the story. was cool. the last 2 eps were really cool. but somehow its time for a new race like they encountered in that ep.
                            The screen went black after the swing. Maybe it was struck multiple times.

Or...
                            Spoiler:
                            Since it was just a hallucination, the writers had free reign to bend reality.

Comment

I laughed soo hard at the line "Youve poached my private area." Nerd stuttering to a pretty girl is awesome. Him calling himself dick was pretty funny too

The hand chopping was O.O

Nice of the alien laptop to save richards job. I wonder if those critters were there pre-wraith? They kinda looked like the original stargate the movie alien!

Lol at not remembering Chucks name. Was it just me or did AlienZelenka sound almost sad at first?

I liked that the alien probe looked beat up and not all super fancy, not everything in scifi needs to be shiny and futuristic.

Loved the lucious mention

Does this mean deep down rodney wants Zelenka to like him?
                              Last edited by kymeric; 15 November 2008, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X