Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will Todd be the only Wraith who doesn't need to feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd, the red-palmed Wraith? Had a very shiny forehead?

The implications of Todd being the only Wraith who can't feed would simply lead down the same road of loneliness, resentment and genocidal intent as Michael, and we saw how horribly and, in some instances, laughably that turned out. Magically restore him and let's get back to the story at hand. Please.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Michael turned out laughable because the writers don't have the stones to do something with the character, not Michael's fault. They had a nice opportunity to make the show more dark, more dramatic, but they naturally chose to end it quickly, and in a lame manner, again... God forbid the show getting darker, or makes us actually use our brains, thinking about morality...

Anyway, I don't know what they have in store for Todd. If they can deploy that virus some day, great, but if Todd is to remain handgina-less (*cry* that's one thing less to lick, see if it's ticklish) then I hope it won't be detected, sensed.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

...and you had words for me calling him 'my' Todd?
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

There's no way for Todd to know what will happen from the Iratus bug queen therapy besides killing him or restoring his health and immune system.

Because no Wraith has ever gone through such a treatment after going through the Lantean treatment. So he can't know if he'll be restored fully.

Though I doubt it. Despite the writers' disposition for throwing genetics out the window whenever they feel like it, it'd make no sense. It's not a retrovirus, programmed to alter DNA in a specific way.

Why would get fed off of by the queen magically restore his ability to feed, his handgina and/or remove his ability to survive on "normal" food?

John got fed on by a bug once. Nothing happened to his DNA. Unless we've gonna argue that queens are special creatures with the ability to change DNA...

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
            Contact with the bug gave Shep really enhanced abilities,
            Sheppard started turning into a bug after Ellia infected him with Beckett's prototype retrovirus.
            sigpic

Comment

...and you had words for me calling him 'my' Todd?
              Well, yes, you see...

and

And don't they know it...

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                Well, yes, you see...

and

And don't they know it...
                That was my idea, so who has ownership (of at least one of them )?

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                Though I doubt it. Despite the writers' disposition for throwing genetics out the window whenever they feel like it, it'd make no sense. It's not a retrovirus, programmed to alter DNA in a specific way.

Why would get fed off of by the queen magically restore his ability to feed, his handgina and/or remove his ability to survive on "normal" food?

Comment

Well, I posted in here with them first, so... Now go to the other thread that I bumped.

Comment

Handgina .. *snickers*
                    It would seem like a bit of a cop-out for Todd to not get his feeding hand back. Although, how exactly would an iratus bug - even a queen - be able to fix the wraith DNA? It doesn't seem logical, the two species shouldn't be so closely connected that it would be able to know what to fix and how. Would be quite intriguing though if it turned out the iratus bug queens had some kind of telepathic connection with the Wraith.
                    sigpic

Comment

Just bring Todd back, with or without the handgina (great word btw)

I guess they've left it ambiguous so they can write it whichever way they feel like it when they get there!
                      I must admit, though, I kinda like the idea of Todd as one of the SGA team. Well, if it's good enough for Teal'c...
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

It seems a bit different though, having a Todd without handgina vs a Teal'c without symbiote. Teal'c didn't get special powers and a weapon out of having the snake in his belly.
                        sigpic

Comment

TP,

We call it handgina on the WDC.

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
                            Sheppard started turning into a bug after Ellia infected him with Beckett's prototype retrovirus.
                            Ah, yes, point. The retrovirus prototype did the opposite: enhancing the Iratus side as opposed to the human side. Maybe the Iratus queen does some kind of DNA transfer with the host, that's how the Wraith came about, right? The Iratus becoming more like those they fed on, i.e. humans.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Maybe the Iratus queen does some kind of DNA transfer with the host, that's how the Wraith came about, right? The Iratus becoming more like those they fed on, i.e. humans.
                              Michael seems to have based his creation of super soldiers on what happened with Wraith evolution. From 'Vengeance'.

MICHAEL (voiceover): I allowed the bug to gorge itself, to absorb as much human D.N.A. as possible. This, of course, led to the death of the subject.

MICHAEL (voiceover): The timing of the feeding was critical -- ensuring that the bug laid its next egg quickly, before the genetic material could filter out of its body.

MICHAEL (voiceover): The embryo then contained enough human D.N.A. for me to manipulate.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                                But he is different in a good way. No longer is dependent on a very limited food supply.

Besides, do they check for handginas regularly or something? Just don't let other people see your lack of one and you'll be OK.
                                I agree. It is a good different. And if he manages not to let them see his hand, he might be okay. But I think they would begin to wonder why he wasn't seen feeding like the rest of them.

But I do agree that it is a good different. And I have nothing against your opinion. *smiles and nods*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X