Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will Todd be the only Wraith who doesn't need to feed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
    no the problem was that because they were no longer feeding, their healing powers and immune system weakened.
    Then why did the hive become sick? I think it's more that the genes took away the healing powers, and when the Iratus bug undoes it, it will undo the gene therapy as well, reverting Todd to his old Wraith self. It sort of makes sense. The Iratus and the Wraith are related, and the Wraith evolved from Iratus mixing with humans, so the Iratus must have some mechanism for mixing its DNA with its host, maybe a virus produced by the bug.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
      since no one has ever tried this gene therapy on a wraith, how would Todd know that the Bug would reverse it?
      he was obviously referring to the disease that they suffered from.
      the bug will cure the disease but it won't reverse the procedure
      I have nothing against your own opinion. To each their own. I just disagree. And if I'm wrong, then I'll be the first to admit it. *nod nod* I just think that it may just reverse the whole process. But that is my own personal opinion.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SerenaSerenity View Post
        I think he would be rejected. Micheal was rejected for being different after all. And even though Todd is less different, he is still different.
        But he is different in a good way. No longer is dependent on a very limited food supply.

Besides, do they check for handginas regularly or something? Just don't let other people see your lack of one and you'll be OK.

Comment

I think the Wraith will sense that something happened to him, just like they sensed something was up with Michael. Todd's transformation wasn't as dramatic as Michael's was, but I think it can still be sensed by the Wraith.

Comment

I'd love if contact with an Iratus queen make Todd revert to full Wraith status... and the Atlantis team doesn't know. When he shows up the next time and shakes John's hand...
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

The behind-the-scenes pics of Todd in Enemy At The Gate conveniently don't show the palm of his right hand ....grrrr.
              I hope he does revert back to his normal self (undo it - like he said). Otherwise, I think he'll miss the built-in weapon he's had for more than 10,000 years. Wouldn't you?
              I also, desperately want to swap places with the Queen bug he's going to use. I'd be a very gentle bug too...and take my time (a long, long time - the next 10,000 years ought to do it)
              sigpic
              Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                I'd love if contact with an Iratus queen make Todd revert to full Wraith status... and the Atlantis team doesn't know. When he shows up the next time and shakes John's hand...

Todd said the iratus would undo the disease/restore his health, not undo the therapy or restore his ability to feed. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time Todd only told half the story.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                  Todd said the iratus would undo the disease/restore his health, not undo the therapy or restore his ability to feed. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time Todd only told half the story.
                  Maybe he doesn't know himself. The way he talked about it, he seemed confident it would either heal him or kill him, but he didn't appear to have a definite idea of the exact mechanism.
                  My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                  Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                  sigpic

Comment

We saw how Shep reacted when transformed into a super-Iratus/human hybrid. Something similar could happen with Todd.
                    I like him as a full Wraith, none of this dumb Michael 'I don't know what I am. *sob*' crap.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

We saw how Shep reacted when transformed into a super-Iratus/human hybrid. Something similar could happen with Todd.
                      I like him as a full Wraith, none of this dumb Michael 'I don't know what I am. *sob*' crap.
                      Why would the iratus turn Todd in to a hybrid? Wraith are evolved from the iratus bug.

Comment

I meant his current status. He's not quite Wraith and not quite human. Contact with the bug gave Shep really enhanced abilities, maybe contact with an Iratus queen will not only heal Todd but restore him to full Wraith status. I'll be happy with my Todd being a full Wraith with Asgard plasma beams technology
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

*Your* Todd?

You're the Enterprise, you don't *have* a Todd...

Spoiler:

Or what else did you think was going to stick of that sentence or two?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

I meant his current status. He's not quite Wraith and not quite human. Contact with the bug gave Shep really enhanced abilities, maybe contact with an Iratus queen will not only heal Todd but restore him to full Wraith status. I'll be happy with my Todd being a full Wraith with Asgard plasma beams technology
                            Super Todd? If the iratus does restore Todd's abilities, I think he'll just be like he was prior to the treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
                              *Your* Todd?
                              You're the Enterprise, you don't *have* a Todd...
                              Spoiler:

Or what else did you think was going to stick of that sentence or two?
                              Strangely, he's my favourite character on SGA.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't know what I expected to stick. Obviously I failed. Sorry.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                                Super Todd? If the iratus does restore Todd's abilities, I think he'll just be like he was prior to the treatment.
                                Maybe he'll be sprouting these cute little red horns, next time we meet.

Would go well with Christmast, green face, red horns, and some X-mas lights around him.

(I know he's normal-looking in EatG, don't worry.)

Strangely, he's my favourite character on SGA.
                                Spoiler:
                                I don't know what I expected to stick. Obviously I failed. Sorry.
                                *g*

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Working...
                                X