Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking at the trailer for next week i'd say you'll be getting a fair few infirmary scenes before the end.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
      looking at the trailer for next week i'd say you'll be getting a fair few infirmary scenes before the end.
      Ah but it's not the right person who I want in the infirmary.

It has to be said about next weeks ep... I don't even know if there are any
      Spoiler:
      Radek whumpers out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
        Sometimes less is more babes. I'm learning to be succinct. All you need to know is that the ep exceeded my expectations. And we even got baby whump, shame no infirmary love though. Although I did debate which ending I would have preferred, an infirmary one or one where Shep and Todd say there goodbyes, and I have to say I think I preferred this ending... *ducks from the hurling objects that the whumpers are throwing* Ah well maybe we'll get one more infirmary scene before the series finishes.. *sniff*
        Knowing you, I bet you wanted to watch Shep as those interial dampers failied as the Hive shio crashed into the ocean
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Knowing you, I bet you wanted to watch Shep as those interial dampers failied as the Hive shio crashed into the ocean
          Too bloody right. But then I think... what would have had to have gone to get that, and the only thing I came up with out of the whole ep, was Rodney massaging Keller.... I think for me that was my only bug bear. For me it just wasn't the time or place at all. But i'll be good and won't rant about professionalism... just yet.

Comment

The way everyone says, "Rodney massaging Jennifer's shoulders" the uninitiated would get the impression that full on grabbed the oils and went to work with a deep tissue rub or something.

He put his hands on his shoulders reassuringly and maybe squeezed lightly...once. That was all.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
              The way everyone says, "Rodney massaging Jennifer's shoulders" the uninitiated would get the impression that full on grabbed the oils and went to work with a deep tissue rub or something.

He put his hands on his shoulders reassuringly and maybe squeezed lightly...once. That was all.
              Do you want to make me vomit? Pan!!

Thing is though Pan, it was inappropriate. They were on a mission, that sort of behaviour is unacceptable. Sorry hon. They should have maintained a modicum of professionalism given the situation that they were in. And yes, I blame Rodney more for initiating it. And it looked like a massage to me. Thankfully no oils. Thing is, I know you like the ship, great! Whatever floats your boat. But there is a time and a place for that sort of behaviour. It didn't detract anything from the episode for me, but it was in my eyes unprofessional. Sorry hon.

Comment

Obviously, we were not watching the same show.
                No, that's not the problem-we just disagree in a fairly major way about what constitutes new information and character development. All those things you mentioned about the characters are things that we already knew. There were no new issues that were discussed or needed to be resolved. No one really learned anything about themselves or each other. The only conflict was the obvious 'fight the Wraith soldiers' kind, with the exception of Rodney's mild (and quickly tossed aside) objection to smothering the humanized Wraith). Everything that was said or done has either been shown or implied in other episodes.

Perhaps you should watch it again.
                No thanks. If I'm going to rewatch an Atlantis episode, I'll make it 'Last man Standing', 'The Shrine', or 'First Contact/Lost Tribe', which I do think were good episodes.

So Todd and Sheppard had no character interaction?
                Nothing with much depth, no, and nothing that we haven't seen before in other, better episodes. Nothing that brought anything new to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                  Ya know - someone really needed to do that for Todd...

I mean, just picture it now...

You know when Todd totally zones out, closes his eyes and melds with the ship as he's struggling to bring her down safely? You know the scene...right after Rodney tells him that's all the power...and first you see Todd front face, and he closes his eyes...then it switches to profile, and he does his Wraithy hissy thing? Well, RIGHT there...right as you see his profile, his eyes closed, his mouth slightly open as he exhales...now...close your eyes and picture Rodney standing behind him, working those broad green shoulders of his with fragrant oils and a nice deep tissue massage...

Changes everything, doesn't it?

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Now that was an entertaining episode! A team ep Loved it

Great to see Shep and Todd interacting again, that was a real highlight for me. I was hoping for little “I hate those bugs” from Shep

I actually felt worried for people on the ship with the Wraith trying to eat them and I haven’t felt that for a long time. At one point I did think Lorne was going to bite the dust!

However, this was the first time that I have really seen what a lot of others say about Keller’s whining. I dislike Keller because of the screentime she takes up not necessarily because of her character, I can put up with her, but here I actually felt like reaching into the screen and punching her! And when she was alone with Todd I was hoping he would eat her Knew it wouldn’t happen though She didn’t ruin the ep for me though (neither did the McKeller scene because I skilfully managed to skip it ).

One of the best eps of the season for me
                    What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                      Now that was an entertaining episode! A team ep Loved it

Great to see Shep and Todd interacting again, that was a real highlight for me. I was hoping for little “I hate those bugs” from Shep

I actually felt worried for people on the ship with the Wraith trying to eat them and I haven’t felt that for a long time. At one point I did think Lorne was going to bite the dust!

However, this was the first time that I have really seen what a lot of others say about Keller’s whining. I dislike Keller because of the screentime she takes up not necessarily because of her character, I can put up with her, but here I actually felt like reaching into the screen and punching her! And when she was alone with Todd I was hoping he would eat her Knew it wouldn’t happen though She didn’t ruin the ep for me though (neither did the McKeller scene because I skilfully managed to skip it ).

One of the best eps of the season for me
                      Very wise! I needed to know whether or not to watch this episode (get it Tuesday) if it is indeed a team episode and Todd is in it then I might give it a go, I trust your judgement, we tend to agree on most things SGA. What time is the McPuker scene so I can avoid it too?!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                        You know when Todd totally zones out, closes his eyes and melds with the ship as he's struggling to bring her down safely? You know the scene...right after Rodney tells him that's all the power...and first you see Todd front face, and he closes his eyes...then it switches to profile, and he does his Wraithy hissy thing? Well, RIGHT there...right as you see his profile, his eyes closed, his mouth slightly open as he exhales...now...close your eyes and picture Rodney standing behind him, working those broad green shoulders of his with fragrant oils and a nice deep tissue massage...

Changes everything, doesn't it?
                        Oh, gods, I need brain bleach! You should post a warning before writing images like that, das!

Comment

Originally posted by Callie View Post
                          Oh, gods, I need brain bleach! You should post a warning before writing images like that, das!

It is my purpose in life - to implant disturbing Wraith images into everyone's brains, just so others can enjoy them along with me. I think it's rather generous on my part.

das
                          sigpic

Comment

What do you think Todd was doing in the pod das
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

I went in to this one already inclined to like it, or at least not hate it, simply because a) Todd was back and I do enjoy me some Todd and b) because they finally decided to pull Ronon and Teyla out of whatever storage closet they've stuffed them in the last few episodes, dust them off, and put them to some use. It wasn't a LOT of use but at least they were there.

Finally! A team episode. I'm not against the occasional episode that focuses on only one or two characters but the fact that there are the last episodes of the series makes me less than thrilled when they go that route. It was also back to the sci-fi instead of the comedy so that was also a bonus.

I am so very glad that Todd didn't die because he has so much potential and I like the way that he and Sheppard interact. I was a little surprised by how quickly John was inclined to just kill them all at first because I felt that he and Todd had developed, if not exactly a friendship, than at least a sort of wary mutual respect and Todd has gone above and beyond to help them out in the past. Sure he tried to kill them the last time they met but, in all fairness, he though they were trying to kill him first.

I liked how they handled McKellar this episode. Just enough to show that they're still involved, a pretty sweet scene I thought, but not overboard. They haven't made a big production out of it or made it the focus of the story so that's a good thing in my book.

Ronon and Teyla still don't have much to do other than walk around looking badass with their guns and show off those biceps (Rachel must spend all day in the gym) but it was nice to see them anyways. The episode didn't focus on anbody really so they couldn't have done a lot more than they did. I just hope that TPTB don't decide to wrap them up and put them back in storage. I would be more than happy if they didn't do any more stories that only focus on certain characters seeing as how there's only 3 episodes left.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                I went in to this one already inclined to like it, or at least not hate it, simply because a) Todd was back and I do enjoy me some Todd and b) because they finally decided to pull Ronon and Teyla out of whatever storage closet they've stuffed them in the last few episodes, dust them off, and put them to some use. It wasn't a LOT of use but at least they were there.

Finally! A team episode. I'm not against the occasional episode that focuses on only one or two characters but the fact that there are the last episodes of the series makes me less than thrilled when they go that route. It was also back to the sci-fi instead of the comedy so that was also a bonus.

I am so very glad that Todd didn't die because he has so much potential and I like the way that he and Sheppard interact. I was a little surprised by how quickly John was inclined to just kill them all at first because I felt that he and Todd had developed, if not exactly a friendship, than at least a sort of wary mutual respect and Todd has gone above and beyond to help them out in the past. Sure he tried to kill them the last time they met but, in all fairness, he though they were trying to kill him first.

I liked how they handled McKellar this episode. Just enough to show that they're still involved, a pretty sweet scene I thought, but not overboard. They haven't made a big production out of it or made it the focus of the story so that's a good thing in my book.

Ronon and Teyla still don't have much to do other than walk around looking badass with their guns and show off those biceps (Rachel must spend all day in the gym) but it was nice to see them anyways. The episode didn't focus on anbody really so they couldn't have done a lot more than they did. I just hope that TPTB don't decide to wrap them up and put them back in storage. I would be more than happy if they didn't do any more stories that only focus on certain characters seeing as how there's only 3 episodes left.
                                Good points about having more team eps. I think the problem is TPTB did not think this would be the final season. The Ratings were the highest since Season 2, and well, the rug just got pulled from under their feet.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X