This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post

Ok, so wine over the keyboard. *Has visions of PG with goggles and white labcoat on holding hands with a pretty young thing, while his lower lip wobbles in a moment of crisis*
    Aint young love sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      Ahhh, but do you hold your colleagues hands when you're in the middle of an experiment and having a crisis of confidence?
      Who told you?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Who told you?
        Babes did you forget already, that' i'm all knowing. I see there is still so much you must learn young whipper snapper.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
          I don't think we can blame a 24-year old green CMO can be blamed for possibly not getting, or not knowing much about Wraith physiology.
          So far this season I'm not having the problems with Keller that I had last year. But....

My biggest question is still...if she's 24 and green, why is she CMO? I don't have a problem with her as a doctor, but I can't think of a reason in the world that a young inexperienced doctor, no matter how talented, should be put in charge of the medical department of a top secret military base. And lest I be misunderstood, let me say it again. I don't have a problem with her being there in Atlantis, I have a problem with her being in charge. And it doesn't help for the writers to continually play up her lack of self-confidence.
          - Life after Stargate -
          Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
          Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
          sigpic

Comment

Question: For this season, aside from what’s going on with Keller, they’ve been getting more arc-oriented. What’s excited you as you flip through and looked and the scripts and seen how you’re building towards mid-season. What has you excited about the flow through of the story they’re developing this year?

Jewel Staite: The thing I’m most excited about is her confidence. I’m so happy to see more of that. She was a bit of a scaredy-cat in Season 4 and was apprehensive and kind of shy and full of anxiety a lot of the time. A lot of that is dissipated this year and she’s become more forthright and believes in herself a little bit more and I really like that. She’s becoming a strong female character on the show and that’s always good to have more of those.
            http://www.cinemaspy.ca/article.php?id=1197&p=4

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              So far this season I'm not having the problems with Keller that I had last year.?* But....My biggest question is still...if she's 24 and green, why is she CMO??* I don't have a problem with her as a doctor, but I can't think of a reason in the world that a young inexperienced doctor, no matter how talented, should be put in charge of the medical department of a top secret military base.?* And lest I be misunderstood, let me say it again.?* I don't have a problem with her being there in Atlantis, I have a problem with her being in charge.?* And it doesn't help for the writers to continually play up her lack of self-confidence.
              Because this is televison which is never accurate. Also where has it said what Keller's age is?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Isn't she?
                Last edited by GoSpikey; 04 August 2008, 03:29 PM.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

http://io9.com/5032499/new-hints-abo...transformers-2

Stargate Atlantis:

The 17th episode of Stargate Atlantis season five, which airs in early 2009, introduces a new character, a Marine named Lt. Williams. He doesn't even get a first name, and if you were cynical, you might not be placing too much stock in his longevity. Why are you so cynical? I'm not even going to mention that Lt. Williams goes off on his own to explore a supposedly abandoned Wraith vessel that has turned up near Atlantis. Or that part of the wall melts and a gruesome-looking Wraith without his mask lunges out and attacks Williams. I certainly won't bring up that by the time Major Lorne and Col. Sheppard show up on the scene, there's nothing left of Williams except his rifle. Nope.

Meanwhile, Dr. Jennifer Keller is being pressured to expand her knowledge of Wraith physiology. She admits to Rodney McKay that she's suffering a lack of self-confidence, and McKay takes her hand as he encourages her. The two have been growing closer

Comment

Well, you all make a hen out of a feather.

If you compare to season 4, she has been a lot more confident thus far in season 5. As has been mentioned she is quite young for her job and she is in another galaxy full of aliens and advanced technology. Who would not be low-confident when working wilth something completely new (the thing she works with in Infection) when the lives of a lot of people are at stake?

If you look at the 4 main character all of them have had some experience with the kind of life they live in Pegasus. Sheppard has been to war, fighting for his life. McKay worked with the SGC a few times to solve some very serious problems. Teyla was the leader of her people for quite some time and she has been living with the fear of the wraith for all of her life. Ronon fough and survived the fall of his homeworld and living many year as a runner being constantly hunted by the wraith.

What have Keller experienced beofre coming to atlantis? She was helping people in the third world. That is hardly enough to prepare her for the dangers of the Pegasus galaxy.

Keller is the one character I feel that seems the most natural.
                    sigpic
                    Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
                    RIP Nuada

Comment

Originally posted by Yaskaleh View Post
                      Well, you all make a hen out of a feather.

If you compare to season 4, she has been a lot more confident thus far in season 5. As has been mentioned she is quite young for her job and she is in another galaxy full of aliens and advanced technology. Who would not be low-confident when working wilth something completely new (the thing she works with in Infection) when the lives of a lot of people are at stake?

If you look at the 4 main character all of them have had some experience with the kind of life they live in Pegasus. Sheppard has been to war, fighting for his life. McKay worked with the SGC a few times to solve some very serious problems. Teyla was the leader of her people for quite some time and she has been living with the fear of the wraith for all of her life. Ronon fough and survived the fall of his homeworld and living many year as a runner being constantly hunted by the wraith.

What have Keller experienced beofre coming to atlantis? She was helping people in the third world. That is hardly enough to prepare her for the dangers of the Pegasus galaxy.

That's the problem. She isn't experienced, and yet she was put in charge. Everyone else that we know of who was sent to Atlantis had prior experience in the stargate program. (Except for Sheppard, who would never have been considered if it weren't for his Ancient gene.)

She probaby is perfectly natural for a community hospital somewhere. Although with that same underconfident attitude, I still can't see her being put in charge there either.

Keller has experience working in third-world countries? I missed that. You'd think she'd be less delicate then.

Comment

I just hope that, in this upcoming episode, they don't kill Major Lorne. I know that, eventually, they will, given the fact that he's in the show more and more...but who will they get instead to back up the main team on off-world missions?

Anyway, I might as well add that I have no problem with Keller. In the first part of 'Missing' she was annoying, whiny, and maddening, but after that episode her character has surprisingly become more likeable. She's grown to be a better person.
                        sigpic
                        ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by Yaskaleh View Post
                          Well, you all make a hen out of a feather. ...

I'm sorry...Third world countries??? What episode was this in?

sigs by the talented CazzBlade, elephantgirl,CKO, kali1, csom, Luciana, Torri012 and rachel d..thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                            That's the problem. She isn't experienced, and yet she was put in charge. Everyone else that we know of who was sent to Atlantis had prior experience in the stargate program. (Except for Sheppard, who would never have been considered if it weren't for his Ancient gene.)

She probaby is perfectly natural for a community hospital somewhere. Although with that same underconfident attitude, I still can't see her being put in charge there either.
                            The way I understand it, Keller was originally just put in charge temporarily after Carson's death, until they brought someone new in, but did a good job and they decided to keep her in charge. And hey, it was Weir who put her in charge originally, so blame her...

Anyway, I think that in medical situations - dealing with Weir in First Strike/Adrift, especially - Keller's performed very well under pressure, it's just other crap like, you know, being hunted by cannibals that she doesn't cope well with.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                              The way I understand it, Keller was originally just put in charge temporarily after Carson's death, until they brought someone new in, but did a good job and they decided to keep her in charge. And hey, it was Weir who put her in charge originally, so blame her...

Anyway, I think that in medical situations - dealing with Weir in First Strike/Adrift, especially - Keller's performed very well under pressure, it's just other crap like, you know, being hunted by cannibals that she doesn't cope well with.
                              Well she certainly didn't cope well with that! I'll agree.

But I'm really not seeing any great competence as a physician or as a leader. Not to say that she's incompetent, but I'm not seeing anything special. I need to see a spark of confidence and authority in someone in charge. IMO Keller doesn't have it. She's supposed to be the one leading the way, not hesitating and doubting herself.

Comment

Originally posted by chensuu View Post
                                I'm sorry...Third world countries??? What episode was this in?

Not any particular episode. It was something I read here on the forums. Someone had compiled data from interviews with Jewel staite and TPTB. It meantioned a little about her background.
                                sigpic
                                Made by the great KindlyKeller <3
                                RIP Nuada

Comment

Working...
                                X