Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it certainly doesn't apply to every genius.

I mean, I wouldn't say I'm a genius, but despite getting high marks in school I don't think of myself as that good; even when I'd get perfect on tests it's still not enough to really boost my confidence in my abilities. It's just who I am; and apparently, it's who Keller is, as well.

Yeah, I'm serious for once.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Their is a difference between having the knowledge to an answer and having self-confidence. I usually know most of the answers to a test but I still think I am going to fail
      But do you show your lack of confidence all the time? And are you a young genius in a postion of great responsibility?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
        I'd disagree. A genius needn't be conceited or arrogant, yes, but self assured and full of self belief? I think so, personally. After all, they generally know the answers to the problems...
        I still don't see what intelligence has got to do with self confidence, even if you do know all the answers, you don't know you're right until you're tested.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Contray to popular belief not all geniuses are confident like McKay.

As a matter of fact, sometimes supper brilliant people lack the ability to make contact with other people.

I don't see a problem in Keller not being self confident. If she had to study that much to get her degrees so early, one can assume she wasn't in all the special clubs in school, so maybe she had very little friends.

Besides, they're setting her up with McKay. If she had an ego like his, they'd need a three double king size bed just to fit them both on it... Well, you get what I mean.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

I mean, I wouldn't say I'm a genius, but despite getting high marks in school I don't think of myself as that good; even when I'd get perfect on tests it's still not enough to really boost my confidence in my abilities. It's just who I am; and apparently, it's who Keller is, as well.

But do you hesitate? Are you a skilled professional? With lives in your hands? I agree having vulnerabilities is good, but with Keller, for me, I just wish sometimes she'd be confident and sure of herself. She hesitates too much for me. I don't like to see medical professionals portrayed as being so lacking in confidence. It doesn't give me faith in them. I really want to like Keller more, and so far this season has been good. But when I read of more self doubt etc.. it just gets a bit old for me. Sorry.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
              I still don't see what intelligence has got to do with self confidence, even if you do know all the answers, you don't know you're right until you're tested.
              My experience has taught me, that people who are very bright generally are confident in their solutions to problems. A little self doubt is healthy, but Keller seems to doubt herself too much for my liking. Keller is a genius. In a position of responsibility. If she doubts herself so much, then I wonder why she's in the position she's in?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post

As a matter of fact, sometimes supper brilliant people lack the ability to make contact with other people.

I don't see a problem in Keller not being self confident. If she had to study that much to get her degrees so early, one can assume she wasn't in all the special clubs in school, so maybe she had very little friends.

Besides, they're setting her up with McKay. If she had an ego like his, they'd need a three double king size bed just to fit them both on it... Well, you get what I mean.
                Well, yes, that's the problem. Her lack of self confidence in this instance appears to be a plot device to get her to hold hands with McKay. That really doesn't work for me at the moment. Both as a woman, and a Stargate fan
                sigpic

Comment

Well, I'm training to be a physicist, so there aren't any lives in my hands, nor am I professional, yet.

Still, I do hesitate a lot during labs when I have to actually put my knowledge to work, yes.

Comment

I don't think we can blame a 24-year old green CMO can be blamed for possibly not getting, or not knowing much about Wraith physiology.

At university, they didn't exactly have a 'how to mess around with space vampires' DNA' included in the course...

And I think it would give her a boost should Beckett be there again.
                    No I agree, it's not the sort of thing they teach in med school, LOL, but she's been in the PG for over a year now, and would know the basics, and she's been researching the gene because of Carson, and looking at Michael's doohickey's, so it's not that she's lament in these areas. I'm just concerned that they're going to draw too much emphasis on this, when realisitcally, do the fans want to see Keller feeling unconfident? If you're infected by a wraith bug or something, do you want to know that the doc that's treating you has no confidence in their abilities to treat you?

I agree, confidence and intelligence don't go hand in hand, but we're talking about the areas that she's supposed to be confident in, and to me, I think it's not helping that they're making her look more unconfident given how some think she's been portrayed, why not go the opposite route and showing how much she's learned and is trying instead of just showing the hesitations?

Comment

Originally posted by Linzi View Post
                      But do you show your lack of confidence all the time? And are you a young genius in a postion of great responsibility?
                      Well, we're quite frankly not following her around 24/7, so you can't say that she's always like this, at every moment of the day.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Well, I'm training to be a physicist, so there aren't any lives in my hands, nor am I professional, yet.

Still, I do hesitate a lot during labs when I have to actually put my knowledge to work, yes.
                        I'm sure you're very smart, PG. But Keller is meant to be a wunderkind. Not your usual run of the mill smarty pants. But a genius way above her years. Yes, of course, it's all totally unrealistic and all, but I don't know, I just wish she'd be seen to be more....well, capable. She just hesitates too much and doesn't always seem suited for CMO. Maybe TPTB can turn that around for me? But the romance thing? Hmmmm, I'm just not sure about that at all. Smacks of a lack of knowing what to do with Keller...then again, I guess I'm not a fan of romance between regular cast members, especially if I see no spark there. But that's just me
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, we're quite frankly not following her around 24/7, so you can't say that she's always like this, at every moment of the day.
                          No. I can only judge what TPTB show me on screen. How else can I judge her? I need to see a more self confident young woman to be convinced she's in the right role.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ahhh, but do you hold your colleagues hands when you're in the middle of an experiment and having a crisis of confidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                              Ahhh, but do you hold your colleagues hands when you're in the middle of an experiment and having a crisis of confidence?

Ok, so wine over the keyboard. *Has visions of PG with goggles and white labcoat on holding hands with a pretty young thing, while his lower lip wobbles in a moment of crisis*
                              sigpic

Comment

No, but there were moments...

Comment

Working...
                                X