The unimportance of Teyla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Wait, Teyla was in this ep? Why couldn't they have Teyla switch bodies with someone. Well Teyla did get a lot of focus for the first half, she then got Prodigal after that............ Even I have to agree with the Teyla fans. But the beginning of the season was very Teyla heavy you have to agree with me there.
    Well I wouldn't go as far as ssaying Teyla heavy but she sure as heck was seen more and actually got to talk more

Heck I would have even been happy if it was Ronon who switched bodies....Could you imagine...Ronon in Neeva's body, Ronon in a females body....Now that would have been funny
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
      Teyla was in the beginning very prominent, she was turned into a wraith, she helped kill Michael. She had 4 episodes, Keller also had 4 episodes. Only the Keller ones were much more focussed on Keller.
      Teyla had...

Search and Rescue
      Broken Ties (As the entire B Story)
      The Queen
      The Prodigal

Keller had..

The Seed
      Tracker
      BrainStorm
      Identity
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Well I wouldn't go as far as ssaying Teyla heavy but she sure as heck was seen more and actually got to talk more

Heck I would have even been happy if it was Ronon who switched bodies....Could you imagine...Ronon in Neeva's body, Ronon in a females body....Now that would have been funny
        My classic body switch was when O'neill and Teal'c switched bodies. That was hilarious
        sigpic

Comment

Teyla had...

Search and Rescue
          The Queen
          The Prodigal

Keller had..

The Seed
          Tracker
          BrainStorm
          Identity
          And poor Shep has had really crap eps
          sigpic

Comment

My classic body switch was when O'neill and Teal'c switched bodies. That was hilarious
            Um heh...Yeah
            sigpic

Comment

Um heh...Yeah
              Holiday goldfishS2 SG!
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

And poor Shep has had really crap eps
                Sheppard had or will have..

Remnants
                Ghost in the Machine (He had the closest bond to Weir)
                Vegas

Mckay had..

The Shrine
                BrianStorm

and people say it is the Sheppard and Mckay show? Teyla got more focused eps than these two.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Holiday goldfishS2 SG!
                  LOL, thanks jel. I love when Teal'c is ready to shave O'neill's head. ha haha.
                  sigpic

Comment

Sheppard had or will have..RemnantsGhost in the Machine (He had the closest bond to Weir)VegasMckay had..The ShrineBrianStormand people say it is the Sheppard and Mckay show? Teyla got more focused eps than these two.
                    I guess we know Brian is a Sparky shipper
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I guess we know Brian is a Sparky shipper
                      Wha? I like Weir and Sheppard they were good together. As a couple I don't know.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, poor Teyla's role in this episode was definitely of the blink and you'll miss her variety, unfortunately.

And I agree that this season started out good for Teyla because I was satisfied with her part in the first four episodes, S&R, The Seed (even though she mysteriously disappeared before the end), Broken Ties and Daedalus Variations.

Unfortunately, things started to fall apart for her in The Ghost in the Machine (505) and it didn't pick up again until The Queen (508) and from there it's been dribs and drabs - a little bit in First Contact (510) only to disappear again for much of The Lost Tribe (511).

Teyla's only had one good episode in the second half of this season -The Prodigal and one okay episode - Infection. Knowing this group of writers, that's it for any Teyla focus, so I'm not expecting to see much of her in the last episode, which is why I'm not particularly excited about it I'm sad to say.

However, I hope I'm wrong and that the writers shock me by ending SGA on a high note - not just for Teyla, but for all the characters.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Holiday goldfishS2 SG!
                          Um.......

Remnants
                          Vegas

Mckay had..

The Shrine
                          BrianStorm

and people say it is the Sheppard and Mckay show? Teyla got more focused eps than these two.
                          GitM was crap so I rest my case Not seen Remnants so couldn't comment either way

Well if McKay only got those two then Teyla only got The Queen and Prodigal That's the same amount as Rodney
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
                            Yeah, poor Teyla's role in this episode was definitely of the blink and you'll miss her variety, unfortunately.

And I agree that this season started out good for Teyla because I was satisfied with her part in the first four episodes, S&R, The Seed (even though she mysteriously disappeared before the end), Broken Ties and Daedalus Variations.

Unfortunately, things started to fall apart for her in The Ghost in the Machine (505) and it didn't pick up again until The Queen (508) and from there it's been dribs and drabs - a little bit in First Contact (510) only to disappear again for much of The Lost Tribe (511).

Teyla's only had one good episode in the second half of this season -The Prodigal and one okay episode - Infection. Knowing this group of writers, that's it for any Teyla focus, so I'm not expecting to see much of her in the last episode, which is why I'm not particularly excited about it I'm sad to say.

However, I hope I'm wrong and that the writers shock me by ending SGA on a high note - not just for Teyla, but for all the characters.
                            Ain't that the truth....This season started off so great and then when GitM came it all went to hell in a hand basket and they forgot they had Teyla there....At least she got an airing in The queen and Prodigal
                            sigpic

Comment

Teyla had...

Search and Rescue
                              The Queen
                              The Prodigal

Keller had..

The Seed
                              Tracker
                              BrainStorm
                              Identity

Remnants
                              Vegas

Mckay had..

The Shrine
                              BrianStorm

Brian, Search and Rescue was a Team episode, not a Teyla story and the B storyline is not the same as having Teyla drive the story, however, if you count those as Teyla episodes, then you would have to add The Shrine, First Contact and The Lost Tribe to Keller's count. And, you would have to add Search and Rescue, First Contact, The Lost Tribe, The Outsiders, Remnants (Woolsey had the A story and Sheppard and Rodney shared the B story) and Identity to Rodney's count.

So, using your criteria, that would be 7 episodes for Keller and 8 episodes for Rodney.

The only episode I see as distinctly Teyla's is The Queen because even though she had a lot of screen time in The Prodigal, that was more of a team episode than episodes like The Shrine, Tracker, Brainstorm and Identity.

As for Sheppard, he hasn't had an episode like Broken Ties (Ronon), The Shrine (Rodney & Keller), Tracker (Keller), The Queen (Teyla), Brainstorm (Rodney & Keller) or Identity (Rodney & Keller again) devoted to his character yet.

Vegas may be the only Sheppard-driven episode of the season and for the leading man, that's pathetic.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana

Comment

JM himself mentioned on his blog that we would be seeing a lot more Teyla this season and that she would be back full time.....Yeah not seeing it yet
                                Didn't they also claim she'll be getting attention, character development and an arc in season 4? Missed that one, too.
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X