Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was definitely a very good episode. I really am loving Mckeller and this was a very interesting and well done episode. Way better than Sanctuary this week. I usually like Sanctuary but this one was just a bit over the top.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I thought the episode was okay in general but this close to the end.. come on. Don't waste what few episodes we have left. I even like Jennifer and Mckeller and thought this episode was completely misplaced. I'll assume it was written before they knew about the cancellation and for some reason they held on to it.
      Though really liked the ending with Zelenka.
      You can never really know some completely. That's why it's the most terrifying thing in the world, really - taking someone on faith, hoping they'll take you on faith too. It's such a precarious balance, it's a wonder we do it at all. And yet...
      -Libba Bray

Comment

1. Yes they could have kept the "not Keller" revelation till later but let's face it, that deception would have lasted seconds.

2. Liked Ronan working out what was going on.

3. Not that happy about recycling an SG1 S9 plot device, they'd have done better doing a "Holiday" remake, force Keller to survive as a criminal a bit longer.

4. Neela's history.

Not sure why they put this ep so late on, definate step down from last week. Luckilly the last two eps sound promising.
        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis_Vuitton View Post
          I thought the episode was okay in general but this close to the end.. come on. Don't waste what few episodes we have left. I even like Jennifer and Mckeller and thought this episode was completely misplaced. I'll assume it was written before they knew about the cancellation and for some reason they held on to it.
          Though really liked the ending with Zelenka.
          Im reasonably certain they were filming this episode when the news of Atlantis's cancelation came through.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
            Im reasonably certain they were filming this episode when the news of Atlantis's cancelation came through.
            I'm sure that was the case, however, Identity wouldn't have been a good 3rd to the last episode during *any* season, so that's not a good enough excuse, IMO. If they were so determined to air this episode, then they should have aired this strictly filler episode earlier.

In past seasons, the writers didn't waste any of the last 3 episodes of the season on filler - too bad I can't say the same for this season.
            sigpic
            Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
              I'm sure that was the case, however, Identity wouldn't have been a good 3rd to the last episode during *any* season, so that's not a good enough excuse, IMO. If they were so determined to air this episode, then they should have aired this strictly filler episode earlier.

In past seasons, the writers didn't waste any of the last 3 episodes of the season on filler - too bad I can't say the same for this season.
              *scratches head* There was not-filler this season? Short of The Triangle of Love, I can't really see an over-arcing plotline to this season. It's all just an amalgam of loose threads from previous seasons.

DragonLady
              "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by DragonLadyK View Post
                *scratches head* There was not-filler this season? Short of The Triangle of Love, I can't really see an over-arcing plotline to this season. It's all just an amalgam of loose threads from previous seasons.

DragonLady
                You're right - there hasn't been anything that could be considered a arc this season - other than the abysmal triangle crap, so I shouldn't be surprised that this is the way the writers are ending the series. Yet, for some reason, I was surprised. I know, i know - it's foolish to hope for better from these writers, but I was still clinging to the hope that they would at least try to end SGA on a high note.

Fortunately, I think Identity has knocked the last shred of hope out of me so I now fully expect to be disappointed by the last two episodes. At this point, I'm just marking time and waiting for the end so that the talented fan fiction writers can take over and write SGA the way it should have been on screen.
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana

Comment

Well I see in a different light. I see S5 ending and trying to start more arcs. Bear in mind this was all planned before the cancelation. I also seem to remember SG1 doing something simliar during at this time in their series.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I just finished watching Identity and I really liked the episode...but mind-swapping? How many times have they played this card in the Stargate franchise? A little bit more than you'd like to admit. It was an interesting ending
                    Spoiler:
                    When Ronon shot the device and Neeva was shot by her accomplise.
                    That was really cool.

One thing that I've been noticing about the ending of Stargate episodes though is that they're always talking about "Maybe we'll see that person again" or :"Maybe that person's still out there" or "Maybe someone will take that person's place" It just gets annoying after awhile with the same formula for the dialogue. And again, mind swapping? Come on writers, make an original story that hasn't been done in SG-1 before!!! You've done it in the earlier seasons, but now not so much.

Comment

I want to see mistress thief as much as I want to see Larren again. Neeva was good for a one-off appearance, but nothing more.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Another GoOd episode imo.It wasn't a ..WOW episode but it was good.
                        I liked the Team back together, along with Beckett as well.
                        I liked the quest star and it would be nice if there was a 6th season to bring her back.
                        I liked the 4 nerds together at the end, the Mckay-Zelenka dialogue was hilarius, especially Zelenka's tsech-monologue (i just droped dead laughing).
                        I liked the Jumper scenes with Neeva and Rodney, it was funny.
                        I liked Ronon's expression while Shep and Mckay where trying to find a solution.
                        I didn't like the way Sheppard looked so bored, as if he was told to run a Marathon barefoot..
                        Spoiler:
                        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                        (YEAR 0 - 100)
                        "O thou Sun,
                        send me as far over the earth
                        as is my pleasure and thine,
                        and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                        but never hear anything of bad ones,
                        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Barefoot marathon isn't boredom, that's terror.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Sandra writes: “Why wasn’t Neeva’s body in a coma the way Daniel’s and Vala’s were when they linked with Harrid and Sallis?”

Answer: Although similar in most respects, this was a different version of the device.
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...n-frustration/
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Sounds like a cheap way to explain that Binder goofed on the Ancient device.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I disagree. McKay said (it was McKay, right?) said it worked differently from the MW one. Not all phones, DVD players, computers, etc. work the same. Why wouldn't there be a variation within Ancient comm. devices? Maybe this one was built much later than the MW one.

I liked this ep. Not a stellar show, but fun. Zelenka getting stabbed was a shock, and we thought TPTB had plans for Oliveri's character for S6, had we had one.

I really liked Keller in the other chick's outfit. It looked good on her. The Zelenka snark at the end was funny.

I really liked how Ronon figured out Keller wasn't Keller.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                                O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Working...
                                X