Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I haven't seen this ep yet but the previous ep she whined and whined her way through practically the whole ep and it was as annoying as hell.....

One whiner is more than enough for the show, we don't need another!
    sigpic

Comment

So is there an episode of SG1 (in this case the first episodes of S9) that hasn't been 're-done' in Atlantis?

Comment

Well I thought Brain Storm was the lowest Atlantis could ever sink. Maybe it still is, because I started watching this and I didn't get far. I've been dreading this episode all season. Is there any reason at all for me to go back and watch the whole thing? I had been trying to watch every episode because Atlantis is so close to an end. But I just can't make myself watch all of this one. The Vegas one looks a lot more interesting and unique. This body-switching nonsense was already tired a long time ago. To do it again just boggles my mind. And yet another generic forest planet.

Comment

ok when i first read the synopsis for this episode, my eyes literally rolled over and i said oh great another keller episode but i really enjoyed it

also nice nod to sg-1

7/10
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

I didn't like it. Hope that's a good enough way to express how I feel? I'l explain WHY I feel that way below

Why was Keller made to look a dithering fool? If she's a smart woman, why couldn't she come up with a plan? Why did she need to be rescued again? Why do TPTB keep having her as a damsel in distress? It does a great disservice to the character and to women generally, IMO. I want a strong woman. Who can think on her feet. Not a scared woman. Come on writers, she's been in the Pegasus Galaxy for over two years now! Let's let her move on a little? HUH????

Rodney isn't Rodney anymore. He's a simpering in wuv wittle man and I loathe it. He doesn't care about Radek? I just don't believe it. Rodney wants to make wuv under the stars? OMG, perleeze! What is wrong with these writers???? Also, I'm sick to death of it being said that Keller is too good for Rodney. When Neeva said that she could do better, I just shouted at the screen 'Well, maybe Rodney could do better!' What is this obsession the writers have with Rodney not being good enough for the pretty, newly blonde Keller???? It's so shallow. Looks aren't everything! The geek got the pretty girl. So? Maybe she's the lucky one! It's so stereotypical and cringeworthy, IMO.

Other than that? MEH. SG1 technology? Yawn. Couldn't the writers come up with something else to explain the situation? Obviously not.

Very disappointing. Me thinks the writers ran out of good ideas. Let's hope RCC delivers the goods in Vegas.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
              Keller is fat, Ronan is a proud warrior who would never get out of shape. HE would never let that whiny brat's body outrun him
              Prime example of social conditioning through marketing and media right here.

Any woman over a size 0 is considered chubby.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                Geez people a few poor eps and the entire season is shot? Give me a break.
                Exactly. I used to like to read opinions about episodes on the forum, but now...
                There were crappy episodes before, and people could criticize or defend them, but now its only bashing and high pithed whining that's piercing my eardrums.
                This wasn't a top ten episode but was decent, I actually prefer this to the previous one, and I know some people think the other way round.

I'm really thinking about re-lurking myself on HateWorld.
                sigpic

Comment

Well finally watched it.......WHY......Why couldn't I just listen to folks for once telling me it's not worth watching....WHY COULDN'T I JUST LISTEN FOR ONCE

Yeah so Neeva in Keller's body was wandering around Atlantis clueless and confused and no one seemed to notice bar Ronon? Rodney is supposed to be oh so in luv with her that even he didn't notice? Is he really that clueless

hehe loved when Keller in Neeva's body was locked up though and then the magistrates guy saying she was to be executed.....I was like WOOHOO Then that nice big burly guy with that nice big shiny axe was all set to chop her head off So imagine my disappointment when they guys came to the rescue Couldn't they have been just a few seconds slower...

And OMFGAM......What the hell was that supposed to be in the puddlejumper between Neeva in Keller's body and Rodney......SWEET LORD I COULDN'T EVEN LOOK IT WAS THAT DISGUSTING *scrubs eyes with brillo pad*

Yeah and another thing.......Yeah Teyla was there.......Yeah she was there....Um.......Yeah I actually forgot she was there till I saw her holding the drip

So yet again Teyla gets shoved to the background so they can have yet another Keller centric ep And more McIcky McPuker

pfft and they say she hasn't been reduced to a recurring character, yeah could have fooled me

Well at least Ronon got to shoot someone Or did he get to shoot two folks? Not sure....I think I almost fell asleep a few times...

So I guess for us Teyla fans there's not really much point watching the final couple of eps

So all in all a pretty crap ep all in

It's a shame SGA is going out with a whimper instead of with a bang
                  sigpic

Comment

They don't, dun dun dunnnnnn...

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Maybe Shep finally realised it was safer for everyone if McKay wasn't armed.......
                      More than likely...

Comment

He's a support character, you can't expect too much.

Comment

Honestly, do the writers think we're stupid?
                          They bring back this piece of technology from Season 9 SG-1, explain what it is and what happened in SG-1's experience, and when someone says "could Keller be in the other person's body" Rodney says "yeah why not?". Did they think we'd forget the Daniel and Vala were UNCONSCIOUS when they activated the device? Especially after reminding us so much about "Origin". You could have seen "Origin" once and remembered the tech was one way.

For SGU;
                          Spoiler:
                          This ep was clearly a set up for SGU, as the stones are gonna be the main form of communication between the crew of the destiny and the SGC
                          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Oh yeah and another thing....What the hell was with Rodney....Zelenka was stabbed and Rodney just brushes it off???

Yeah WTG Rodney you insensitive jerk

I hope poor Radek gets his own back
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              Prime example of social conditioning through marketing and media right here.

Any woman over a size 0 is considered chubby.
                              I'd say the trend is going the other way to be honest, I've heard lots of people on here call Keller and Teyla skinny, which is ridiculous. But yeah, saying Keller is chubby is stupid, let alone fat.

Comment

Yes, but he's a very significant support character that was once a major character. So naturally, yes -- I expect more.

Comment

Working...
                                X