No announcement yet.

John and Elizabeth's Relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should never have messed with the Weir character in the first place. They could have put some earth shattering incidents in her life instead, but how they just wrote the whole character off like that...it leaves me stuck with the feeling of bad writing and merely writing out of almost desperation to get her out of the show. They built her character up perfectly for several seasons and suddenly they just throw it all away like they changed their minds. I've never seen anything like it before. But then again, I don't watch that many TV shows. Carter didn't improve things, and neither did the next one. They probably wanted a change to improve that part of the show, but it never came through in the end in my opinion. Maybe they regret it themselves, I don't know. Biggest flaw in an otherwise hugely entertaining series that is Atlantis. The Weird character was, yes, maybe a little shallow or not entertaining enough, but neither was her replacements. They should have stayed with her, re-written the character a bit, yes, but never should they have written her off. Too many line up changes too quickly. I feel it caused the downfall of the whole series in the end. One of the reasons it didn't go on for another season.

There was also this highly interesting story of the relationship between Weir and Sheppard which never got off the launching pad, but was there for the taking. Instead the writers seemed to be confused as to if they were going with Teyla/Sheppard or Sheppard/Weir. In my opinion, the Weir/Sheppard possible story was the most interesting and could have taken both character one extra step further. I don't understand why they didn't do it. Left me clueless. First time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DCK View Post
      They should never have messed with the Weir character in the first place. They could have put some earth shattering incidents in her life instead, but how they just wrote the whole character off like that...it leaves me stuck with the feeling of bad writing and merely writing out of almost desperation to get her out of the show. They built her character up perfectly for several seasons and suddenly they just throw it all away like they changed their minds. I've never seen anything like it before. But then again, I don't watch that many TV shows. Carter didn't improve things, and neither did the next one. They probably wanted a change to improve that part of the show, but it never came through in the end in my opinion. Maybe they regret it themselves, I don't know. Biggest flaw in an otherwise hugely entertaining series that is Atlantis. The Weird character was, yes, maybe a little shallow or not entertaining enough, but neither was her replacements. They should have stayed with her, re-written the character a bit, yes, but never should they have written her off. Too many line up changes too quickly. I feel it caused the downfall of the whole series in the end. One of the reasons it didn't go on for another season.

There was also this highly interesting story of the relationship between Weir and Sheppard which never got off the launching pad, but was there for the taking. Instead the writers seemed to be confused as to if they were going with Teyla/Sheppard or Sheppard/Weir. In my opinion, the Weir/Sheppard possible story was the most interesting and could have taken both character one extra step further. I don't understand why they didn't do it. Left me clueless. First time ever.
      It left a lot of us clueless and we remain so to this day. But philosophically, I think it's probably better that they didn't try to canonize it. Just think how many ways they could have screwed it up.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        It left a lot of us clueless and we remain so to this day. But philosophically, I think it's probably better that they didn't try to canonize it. Just think how many ways they could have screwed it up.
        Shudders at the thought.
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Oh so very true.. let us count the ways they could have screwed it up... but it would have been nice had they at least given us sparky fans a little more to nibble on.

Comment

Working...
          X