Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enough bullets can overwhelm a personal shield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a sheild is only as good as its power supply. and the more hits it takes, the more the battery is drained, the lower the power gets the weaker the shield gets and eventually it fails

just like the shield around the gate....they could only send it so much power for so long
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by su27k View Post
      While this is a great episode, the capture of this "new" alien is a bit unbelievable, considering how advanced their technology is, how can their personal shield be overcome so easily? I think Goa'uld has better shield than this.

This capture and later attempted autopsy scene didn't add much to the story line, except blowing up the sickbay. I think the episode would be better if the writer has some other way to express this mysterious alien idea.

Why do you think their technology is so advanced? Besides little gimmicks like the elevator thing and the suits. Their tech was not that special IMO.

The suits were less advanced then the suit of a Kull Warrior and the shield was less advanced then a goa'uld shield.

The ship was obviously Ancients it wasn't theirs. The stunners were run of the mill stunners. Their tech is far below their counterparts technology.

Also. His shield failed. When he was hit he staggered he didn't just collapse like he would if he killed himself. The shield failed and he either died to weapons fire or transfer his consciousness to the ship.

Comment

I doubt that the bullets actually damaged the armor. They got into Atlantis by falling a couple hundred feet and crashing through the roof of a tower.

It's funny how if the shields had "failed" earlier, some bullets might have hit Daniel and Rodney.

Comment

I think that after the shield fell that he transfered his consciousness to the ship and left.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
            Also. His shield failed. When he was hit he staggered he didn't just collapse like he would if he killed himself. The shield failed and he either died to weapons fire or transfer his consciousness to the ship.
            Well I do think he was killed by the weapons fire, no doubt about that. But that doesn't have to mean the shield failed. I don't know, I just feel it's way to much of a coicidence that the shield would fail the moment the other two got away.

Far as we know that transporter was their only way out. Nothing else they carried on them would suggest they could fly out of there. And I think they know that it would be pretty difficult making a run for it, not to mention gating out of there. IMHO he sacrificed himself to let the others come away with the device in safety, knowing that he would self destruct if they were to try and remove the suit, meaning they would learn nothing from capturing him.

It's what makes most sense to me. But then again the writers might have had a different idea than me.

Comment

I dunno. I think the shield fell. I just don't buy that these guys are "super advanced" like alot of people throw around. They are inferior to the "aliens" of the Milky Way IMO. I think they have been too busy hiding and surviving to work on technology.

Comment

The ship was obviously Ancients it wasn't theirs. The stunners were run of the mill stunners. Their tech is far below their counterparts technology.
                What makes you say it's obviously Ancient? The ship was all smooth, rounded and sleek, Ancient ships are all angles.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  a sheild is only as good as its power supply. and the more hits it takes, the more the battery is drained, the lower the power gets the weaker the shield gets and eventually it fails

just like the shield around the gate....they could only send it so much power for so long
                  plus the team was using more then just p90's shep had a different type of gun
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    plus the team was using more then just p90's shep had a different type of gun
                    G36...possibly the K model...although that might not be the case. 5.56 mm ammo, high rate of fire. And quite powerful all things considered.

Comment

Ok I just re watched the episode...it has beomce very clear to me that he was sacrificed by hos comrades....he doesn't turn around and the shield doesn't fail...it simply shuts and and he fails over...which seems as if his comrades shut his suit down to keep him from talking
                      "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

That is a good observation Sphinx.. He did seem to 'drop too quickly' after his comrades left.. But maybe his shield did get overwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                          I thought that the shield failing was a little too coincidentally close to the time that the others left.

Maybe he just gave up and self-terminated (with the suit still functioning of course) knowing that they'd never be able to break through and discover his identity because of the self-destruct.
                          I agree with you one this. When he saw the others were gone, he knew that his shield would not last forever so he just turned it off and let them capture him, knowing full well that they would never be able to cut through his armour. He could try to fight his way out but I believe that the aliens are not over all bad, nor would they want to kill any humans in Atlantis. The fact that they took the device and used it to frequency of the Wraith's hyperdrive just helps my point here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                          MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

Spoiler:
                            Considering the allians are asgards

I doubt the guns overwhelmed the shield generator.
                            More likly he shut it off and killed himself

Comment

Originally posted by Xeon_1 View Post
                              Spoiler:
                              Considering the allians are asgards

I doubt the guns overwhelmed the shield generator.
                              More likly he shut it off and killed himself

Spoiler:
                              Just cuz they are Asgard doesn't mean they are advanced as our Asgard. These Asgard have been in Pegasus for a very very long time I think. They have been running and hiding not developing technology. I don't think these Asgard even know who we are. If they did they would know they didn't need to attack us. We would help them and trust them.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Just cuz they are Asgard doesn't mean they are advanced as our Asgard. These Asgard have been in Pegasus for a very very long time I think. They have been running and hiding not developing technology. I don't think these Asgard even know who we are. If they did they would know they didn't need to attack us. We would help them and trust them.
                                Explain in a pm please I think Im missing something....

Comment

Working...
                                X