No announcement yet.

Discuss the "New" Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Again I think I have to go with that the suits act like mobile sarcophagus.

They are so old they can only survive in the the suits...we all remember what happens with prolonged exposer to that kind of technology
    "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

I just watched the episode, and well, here's my theories/questions:

1. Isnt the Atlantis Gate the only gate capable of dialing off-galaxy? What the hell are they going to do now?

2. The episode is called first contact and is a two-parter. The followup episode is called "The Lost Tribe". What if it's an lost tribe of the ancients, or the asgard? Seems pretty likely to me.

Comment

I think the control crystal is in the dialing computer in the atlantis control room not the gate itself
        "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
          Again I think I have to go with that the suits act like mobile sarcophagus.

They are so old they can only survive in the the suits...we all remember what happens with prolonged exposer to that kind of technology
          This idea came to mind, but you'd need to hypothesize who and why. Most importantly you'd need to hypothesize their motive. It's possible to do, but it would also require you speculate about why they behaved un-Ancienty.

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
            I have a theroy...it's a long shot but I think these new Aliens are Ancients...and not desendants of Ancients but acctual Ancients....heres my theory...

You have Janus who researched things the Ancients wouldn't condone...the war with the Wraith continues the Ancients evacuate...the people in this base can't get to Atlantis to they decided to stay behind but had no way to defending themselves so they just go into hinding...meanwhile the Wraith defeat the Ancients and go into hibernation...this group of Ancients (probley Janus' lab assistants) grather intell about the rest of the galaxy and feeling theres no point in worrying about the risks decided to activate the End Game device but they can't get to it so they start upgrading their combat technology, their determination for revenge grows stronger and face with natural death they create these suits which act like mobile sarcophagus which extends their lifes the only draw back is eventually they can never take them off....when Daniel and Rodney activated the device again they thought they fianlly had the means to extact their revenge on the Wraith and want to take the chance no matter what the costs...and they keep Daniel and Rodney alive to fix the device because they've spent so long in a combative mindset that they've forgotten how to use the more advanced tech.

good enough?

Comment

Is thats the case what experience does Daniel have with them?

Comment

The one thing Daniel thought is they can not breathe in our atmosphere which is why they keep wearing the suit at all times & the Ancients can with no problem survive in our atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jack View Post
                  Whoever they are, I just hope they are not not some Ancient Experiment gone wrong again.
                  With how cocky the Ancients were, I would not be surprised one bit.

However if it is true that Daniel has dealt with them before. It could be anyone or anything. Daniel has dealt with a litany of alien races.

Who it could be is beyond me. Then again Michael Shanks could have said that to throw people off the trail.
                  Spins and turns, angles and curves, the shape of dreams half remembered. Slip the surly bonds of Earth and touch the face of perfection. A perfect face, a perfect lace, find a perfect world for the end of Kara Thrace.
                  End of line.

Comment

Distruction of a way of life? Prolonged exposer to a technology which is known to cause agressive behavior...if they were say "followers" of Janus so to speak then they were outcasts in Ancient socity in the first place...they were constantly told they were wrong and now...years later...after being isolated (which causes mental instability alone) fianlly being able to forward a project which they knew to be right in the first place

Comment

if they are foothold aliens they have intergalactic hyperdrives. Why don't they just leave PG?
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

Yea the gate itself isn't anything special the Atlantis DHD is. The team will have to find some gate not in use and grab it with the Daedalus.

Also I hate to say it but I think this race will be related to some allies/past good guys got sorta bad. If they are bad ancients I will cry. The Ancients are what made SG great for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle Splasher
                          First, I meant to suggest I'm just thinking an idea out. Second, as it's already been presupposed that dimensional/temporal causality is a factor with this race, then that doesn't discount that Shank's comments about Jackson having a a history with them isn't true.

It's been suggested Janus went into the future to study civilizations. Clearly he was motivated and intended to continue his research after evac of Atlantis.

But irrespective, causality can be played with at any time by any race (already established to have a history with Jackson as we know it) and it's just as likely that this race is a causal derivative of those we know who have a history with Jackson.
                          I see youir point...it just seems very unlikely

Comment

If this race turns out to be related to some 1 episode race from the past I have to say, "Boring"

It needs to be some future race that jacksons some how knows. Maybe Ascended beings are outside of the timeline and can see future events.

Comment

If they are accended beings wouldn't the Ancients stop them?

Comment

You want an answer? Well... it seems like morjana's found you all one

CLICK HERE FOR OMGMASSIVE SPOILERS

If you're wondering how time travel works, and other science facts
                                Then repeat to yourself 'It's just a kickass show, I should really just relax'

Muh Arts-like Thingies

Comment

Working...
                                X