Discuss the "New" Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kufan76 View Post
    I think there are some subtle hints about who they are. Daniels questioning of why they need to where the suits and the look on his face, tells us that he has an idea about who or what they really are.

Also, when the subspace beacon was activated, the aliens said "alert the others" kind of arbitrary, but if you look back at sg1 and sga alot of the context about the ascended ancients, were not called ascended ancients, but "the others" even the character played as morgan lefay, referred to "the others would stop her"

Pretty skimpy I know, but perhaps there was a faction of ascended ancients that were forced out like anubis was, but they had managed to keep enough knowledge to do some amazing things. First the arrival out of hyperspace in the atmosphere, the fact that they were able to breach atlantis's shields, but the ship was unlike any ancient ship seen. The incredible technology of their suits, and when the one alien was protecting the others escape, it clearly looked like the shields generated by ancient warships. The technology was not only ancient in origin, but more advanced than ancient tech that we've see so far.

It is possible that it's a random alien race who happens to be so much smarter than the ancients, that they were able to adapt their tech not only the suits, shields, I don't recall any other episode of stargate where a ship dared to reinter normal space in the atmosphere of a planet. But the apparent mastery of ancient tech would make that unlikely.

When you put everything that we know together, I really think that the most logical choice is an ancient, an offshoot of ancients, or half ascended ancients.

-Incredible technology, that closely resembles ancients.
    -When the ship passed through the shields, one of the gateroom personnel points out that ancient ships can do that.
    -The interview with Shanks about a history. (He had a history with the ancients alright. He was fracking ascended with them.)
    -"The Others" comment.
    -The knowledge they seemed to have of the cities schematics, the hidden wall, etc.
    You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

"The Lost Tribe" obviously refers to someone off-shoot of some race we have encountered before. I think they may be descendants of the Ancients who are willing to do anything to defeat the Wraith. Not necessarily evil.

Comment

I liked the arm shield employed at the start of the episode. And their overall demeanor. I'm looking forward to how well they will fare against the daedalus commanded by Todd assuming they meet though Todd would have to know where the attero device was and if the wraith did then it wouldn't exist. Either way I hope that their technology is not just a copy of the ancients technology. I personally think that despite the simularities with ancient tech that they will have unique tech that will give problems for daedalus and the rest of Atlantis. I hope this because since getting the Asgard weapons no one is really able to fight on even terms with daedalus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jack View Post
          Though I was a bit worried that this race would be a bit bland, judging by the spoilers, I was happily surprised that this was not the case. Though they are a race of few words and appear as a cold robotic species, they still have a personality about them delves deeper. Their first appearance shows this.

They don't screw around. They punch right through Atlantis shields. And to get inside the city, do they use a transporter? NO. They jump out of their ship and smash through the friggin roof. When confronted with a large security contingent. Meh, forget them, we'll just use our handy-dandy super elevator and smash right through the floor.

They are straight to the point as well. When dealing with Rodney and Mckay, they don't even attempt to negotiate, it's "Do what you want or I'll kill you." No messing around. In fact, everything about them screams 'We don't waste time.' They even have a ship that opens up hyperspace windows in the atmosphere, which no other race in Stargate has done so far as I can remember.

I really hope the two parter isn't the only time we'll see these guys.
          Good analysis. They got the personality of these new aliens just right. It would be kind of weird if they had a sense of humor given the suits they're wearing. Ha.

Comment

Many think this new race is the same from "Foothold" in SG1. It's possible?

Personally i don't think this is possible.
            sigpic

Comment

I just hope the new race has a unique way of fighting the Deadalus besides LOL UBER SHIELDS. Perhaps they attack with swarms of smaller quick ships that the Asgard beams may not be able to lock onto easily?

Comment

Originally posted by Woden View Post
                Many think this new race is the same from "Foothold" in SG1. It's possible?
                They seemed the be biological not mechanical in terms of the way they looked and the only way to get to Earth is the Atlantis gate which they probably didn't have access to.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jack View Post
                  I just hope the new race has a unique way of fighting the Deadalus besides LOL UBER SHIELDS. Perhaps they attack with swarms of smaller quick ships that the Asgard beams may not be able to lock onto easily?
                  That would be nice but the small ships would have to have shields of enough strength to make the railguns on daedalus useless.

Sorry for double posting.

Comment

Originally posted by anima View Post
                    They seemed the be biological not mechanical in terms of the way they looked and the only way to get to Earth is the Atlantis gate which they probably didn't have access to.
                    True, plus this guys from SGA are way more advanced than the ones from SG1.
                    sigpic

Comment

The railguns have been shows to be very ineffective against smaller ships.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                        More because they have trouble hitting fast moving targets or they target things like Hive Ships and are suprised that it does no damage. I just want a more unique way that is needed to fight these opponents as opposed to the normal way that they fight enemy ships.

Comment

I dunno whats gonna happen but it will be interesting. Im just glad there isn't a big break between episodes this year.

Comment

Upgrade in targeting software?

Comment

I dunno whats gonna happen but it will be interesting. Im just glad there isn't a big break between episodes this year.
                              I agree. I was actually ready to wait a few months to see the second part so its a really nice suprise. Though with all the story elements still going on its a shame that Atlantis has to be cancelled now of all times.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                                Well they have Janus' research base, maybe they found out about Earth there? It is hinted at during Foothold that they're from another galaxy, there's certainly room for the writers to make it make sense if they wanted to.
                                I was wanting it to be the Foothold aliens but there are problems with this theory. They would need a ZPM to gate to our galaxy and in the last part of Foothold when the aliens are escaping; what planet did they gate too. Because they didn't bring a ZPM with them so how did they gate home? I guess it's possible they went to another planet in our galaxy but if this is the case why didn't they just pick an easier planet to take over when they got to earth and found out more stargate addresses in our computers?

Comment

Working...
                                X