No announcement yet.

Discuss the "New" Race!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea.... but Anubis's super soldiers come to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by O'Neil View Post
      I have no idea.... but Anubis's super soldiers come to mind.
      Spoilered for size of images

Kull Warrior:
      Spoiler:

Unidentified Race:
      Spoiler:

That is possible, at least, they could be related.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Another thing that leads me to the "Foothold" aliens is the use of harmonic technology in the episode...in "Foothold," the mimicking technology used was harmonic based if memory serves...I realize that it was Janus's tech that used the harmonics, but it's just a thought really...
        Back to lurking...

Comment

those wrist guns did seem kull like....but who are they serving....kull really have no minds of their own...
          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
          sigpic

Comment

IIRC it was harmonics that messed up their technology, they didn't use it themselves I don't think...

Comment

Though we really didn't see too much of the Foothold alien's technology, I still can't shake the feeling that the aliens in this episode have alot more sophisticated technology. After all, if they were the Foothold aliens, why didn't they use such advanced technology in their attack on the SGC?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jack View Post
                Though we really didn't see too much of the Foothold alien's technology, I still can't shake the feeling that the aliens in this episode have alot more sophisticated technology. After all, if they were the Foothold aliens, why didn't they use such advanced technology in their attack on the SGC?
                A better question is if they are the Foothold aliens, how did they get to Pegasus, or why did they come all the way to the Milky Way to take over a single planet?

Comment

I'm thinking more along the line of Anubis as well. Rouge ascended Ancients who have been cast out by the others, but need the suits to maintain a physical form, much like Anubis did with his cloak. Same restrictions as Anubis too. They couldn't stand by any longer and watch the Wraith destroy Pegasus, so they came down, but can't do anything because of the rules, which is why they have Jackson and McKay activate the Attero Device.

I say this because instead of doing something cool with a new race, the writers seem to keep sucking on the "Ancients" teet and don't write any story without mentioning the word Ancient 2,000,000 times. I'm sick of the Ancients at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jack View Post
                    thought earth wouldn't be advanced and let their guard down maybe? they knew that ancient tech was advanced....
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      IIRC it was harmonics that messed up their technology, they didn't use it themselves I don't think...
                      yeah, I believe you may be correct...it's the use itself really that's leading my belief, among other things of course...it's not been often that harmonics have been used...
                      Back to lurking...

Comment

my guess is it's the asgard under there
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
                          A better question is if they are the Foothold aliens, how did they get to Pegasus, or why did they come all the way to the Milky Way to take over a single planet?
                          Well they have Janus' research base, maybe they found out about Earth there? It is hinted at during Foothold that they're from another galaxy, there's certainly room for the writers to make it make sense if they wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Well they have Janus' research base, maybe they found out about Earth there? It is hinted at during Foothold that they're from another galaxy, there's certainly room for the writers to make it make sense if they wanted to.
                            I'm sure TPTB could come up with something. It just seems weird they try to take over one backwater planet, fail, and then just go home and wait for this.

Comment

i don't think the asgard would be big on killing people though(self destruct was obviously lethal), unless it is a renegade faction that did some crappy cloning and f**ked up their bodies, requiring them to where special suits to allow them to breath....
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure Earth has some significance to it, I mean it's where Atlantis set off for Pegasus from and where the Ancients returned to after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X