Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engame Machine + Ark of Truth + Sangraal... ZZzz...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasn't Dakara created by the Ancients in order to seed life throughout the galaxy?

it was not intended as a weapon
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

It's interesting that in Dakara device case, was never explain what happened with the Replicators which didn't resided on planets with stargates. The ideea was scientificaly explained, the delivery mode was stupid.

Comment

this device is cool and really mean. though i don't get one thing. why has janus created a bunch of idiots in armor? yes they were created to keep the facility operational to guard it and when janus (or any ancient) returns start an attack on the wraith. but if this armored guys were (are) janus's private praetorian guard they could be smarter. still they have cool moves...dropping from a hoovering ship and break in through the roof...without any visible aid...man they are insane.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
          this device is cool and really mean. though i don't get one thing. why has janus created a bunch of idiots in armor? yes they were created to keep the facility operational to guard it and when janus (or any ancient) returns start an attack on the wraith. but if this armored guys were (are) janus's private praetorian guard they could be smarter. still they have cool moves...dropping from a hoovering ship and break in through the roof...without any visible aid...man they are insane.
          1. janus did not create them
          2. they are not guards of his lab

3. if they were, don't you think he would have told them NOT TO TURN ON THE DAMN MACHINE?
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
          Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
          Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
          Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by elbo View Post
            It's interesting that in Dakara device case, was never explain what happened with the Replicators which didn't resided on planets with stargates. The ideea was scientificaly explained, the delivery mode was stupid.
            Yes it was. RepliCarter had all replicators with her.

Comment

Originally posted by elbo View Post
              It's not like we do any fighting in SG. They spend all the time developing the characters and their relations
              lol?

Comment

TBH, I'm more tierd with Daniel being unable to be in a storyline these days that does not include badly compsed Ancient riddles (at least this time they spared us their content ) and a superweapon to destroy all X in the galaxy.
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                  wasn't Dakara created by the Ancients in order to seed life throughout the galaxy?

I thought it destroyed all existing life so that the Ancients could then come in and repopulate the Milky Way as they saw fit. *shrug*

As to our new little super weapon, it'll be destroyed at the end of the next ep. That's my guess anyway as it seems to be rather useless if it blows up gates.

But yeah, all the little doomsday weapons have become tiresome.
                  Last edited by LoneStar1836; 27 September 2008, 01:52 PM.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

are the writers getting lazy?

we never had a magical "kill all" machine against the goa'uld...

but first the sangraal to destroy the ascended ori
                    then the ark of truth to overcome the priors
                    now the endgame machine to take out the wraith

it is a very interesting concept... but feels like they're looking for an easy way to finish off the wraith by the end of the season...

of course, i'll give the sangraal a break... SG1 did spend several weeks dealing with it...

maybe this'll be like the sangraal...

but i would like to see SG go back to the way it was with the goa'uld: no gigantic lucky breaks... just hard-work and perseverance
                    Deus ex machina solutions are quite common in the "epic" sci-fi in general. SG is simply faithfully following the pattern, gradually degenerating in quality with each repetition.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I called it the Dakara "device".

Originally posted by ziga1980 View Post
                      We haven't had any indication that these guys were created by Janus. In fact, if you were paying attention to the dialogue in the episode it's said that these guys found the lab on their own. Also, how are they stupid? I've never seen an enemy in Stargate act so efficiently against the protagonists.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      Deus ex machina solutions are quite common in the "epic" sci-fi in general. SG is simply faithfully following the pattern, gradually degenerating in quality with each repetition.
                      I still think the Attero Device, Redemption device and drones were just fine.

Comment

The symbiote poison was the doomsday weapon against the Goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                          I thought it destroyed all existing life so that the Ancients could then come in and repopulate the Milky Way as they saw fit. *shrug*
                          No that was Anubis' plan. It's capable of both destroying and creating life. So Anubis was going to use it to wipe out all life in the galaxy and then recreate it how he saw fit. The Ancients, meanwhile, were just said to have used it to seed life.
                          Last edited by Xaeden; 27 September 2008, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                            I still think the Attero Device, Redemption device and drones were just fine.
                            The Redemption device does not belong in the same category, as it was a weapon used AGAINST the protagonists, not an Endgame Machine in the sense that the Antarctic outpost, the Dakara device the Sangraal were- a Mcguffin thought up to demolish a whole story arc in one fell swoop.
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              The Redemption device does not belong in the same category, as it was a weapon used AGAINST the protagonists, not an Endgame Machine in the sense that the Antarctic outpost, the Dakara device the Sangraal were- a Mcguffin thought up to demolish a whole story arc in one fell swoop.
                              I compared the Attero Device to drones and the Redemption device because it's actually plausible within the "science of Stargate" as opposed to magical truth/mass brainwashing devices and other Endgame Machines which weren't thoroughly explained.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this plays out. I personally don't see any reason to believe the Wraith would be wiped out in mid-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
                                No that was Anubis' plan. It's capable of both destroying and creating life. So Anubis was going to use it to wipe out all life in the galaxy and then recreate iit how he saw fit. The Ancients, meanwhile, were just said to have used it to seed life.
                                Ah, okay. Thanks. Well I remembered that being somebody's plan.

Though the Ancients did build it to kill everything as well since it could be reconfigured...arrogant little twits.
                                IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                                X