No announcement yet.

Enemy at the Gate: "Special Extended Version"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the extended edition will only contain stuff involving Todd?

I cant say thats too exciting!

There are countless other things they need to add to an extended edition...

1) Back story about Todd having the ZPMs.
    2) Todds underling stealing the ZPMs from him and seeing a revolt and him being shot down in the dart. (I realise that null and voids him telling Woolsie about how he got them).
    2) Todds flash back showing his recovery.
    3) The SGC trying to contact their allies around the world AND out in space to come help them and some explanation as to why the Jaffar and the european and eastern allies werent there.
    4) A better shot of area51 being destroyed and a shot of the chair going up.
    5) The wormhole drive shot of atlantis apearing in earth orbit.
    6) A bigger, more grand attack by earth forces against the darts.
    7) More darts being released and attacking capital cities and transporting people inside to feed on later.
    8) An actual scene of the city landing in the bay and raising the cloak and seeing the splash back and the navy surrounding them.
    9) A pull back to see the city in the harbour at the very end.
    10) A Jaffar fleet arriving too late to help, but being told "no we have it under control now" with T'ulk leading the fleet.
    11) More emotion amoungst the SG base, because none of them seemed too worried about the attack.

Just things like that which would have made it better, make more sense and seem less rushed.

Comment

Originally posted by freekedoutfish View Post
      We don't know for sure what's included in the extended edition.

Comment

Originally posted by freekedoutfish View Post

I cant say thats too exciting!

There are countless other things they need to add to an extended edition...

1) Back story about Todd having the ZPMs.
        2) Todds underling stealing the ZPMs from him and seeing a revolt and him being shot down in the dart. (I realise that null and voids him telling Woolsie about how he got them).
        2) Todds flash back showing his recovery.
        3) The SGC trying to contact their allies around the world AND out in space to come help them and some explanation as to why the Jaffar and the european and eastern allies werent there.
        4) A better shot of area51 being destroyed and a shot of the chair going up.
        5) The wormhole drive shot of atlantis apearing in earth orbit.
        6) A bigger, more grand attack by earth forces against the darts.
        7) More darts being released and attacking capital cities and transporting people inside to feed on later.
        8) An actual scene of the city landing in the bay and raising the cloak and seeing the splash back and the navy surrounding them.
        9) A pull back to see the city in the harbour at the very end.
        10) A Jaffar fleet arriving too late to help, but being told "no we have it under control now" with T'ulk leading the fleet.
        11) More emotion amoungst the SG base, because none of them seemed too worried about the attack.

Just things like that which would have made it better, make more sense and seem less rushed.
        Don't want much do you?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I certainly hope that's true! That would be awesome! I thought EatG was incredible! I would love to see more of it. I mean....it's a huge story....and I'm sure they tried to cram all they could into that 40 mins. But....I agree with a lot of you that it should've been a 2-parter. I mean....I would've been fine if Identity never happened. Then....they could've done a 2-parter.
          sigpic
          Follow me on Twitter! I'm on Facebook!

Comment

I quite liked EaTG after watching it a second/third time, however an extended attention may help spread it out a bit fill in some gaps. I do think its unlikely to me extended much like some and I would like.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by TraK View Post
              i hope it'll be like SG-1s S8 episode 'Threads', which had a lot of extra minutes added in for the DVD version (and i think that long version aired only once on TV). EATG did seem a bit rushed, so maybe this extended version will make the ep flow a lot better.
              i agree with you one hundred percent. i watched threads last night and that had the most character-driven stories in it. all of the characters had their own demons to deal with. jack persuing a relationship with sam. sam dealing with her feelings for pete and jack and dealing with the death of her father. daniel dealing with whether or not to ascend again and teal'c dealing with staying at SGC or going with the jaffa. thats how i want the Extended Version of Enemy at the gate to be. character driven and action packed.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Well, Vegas is getting a slightly-extended version (4 minutes longer), so why not EatG?

what do you mean Vegas is being Expanded? that episode was fine just the way it is.

Comment

Well, talking about a revival of an old thread.

So it is a definite now for "Enemy at the Gate" and "Vegas" getting an extended version on the DVD release for Season 5.

The final season of Stargate Atlantis is coming to DVD on June 30, including tons of bonus features and — for the first time ever — extended versions of two key episodes!

The set includes all 20 episodes from the show’s final year, including never-before-seen extended cuts of “Vegas” and the series finale, “Enemy At the Gate.”
                  Source: Gateworld

Bask in the glory!

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                  and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

good cause i have yet to see either ep
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      good cause i have yet to see either ep
                      You do know they are both going to be Hulu soon.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        You do know they are both going to be Hulu soon.
                        yes and i've been counting down the days
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

saw the extended edition of Enemy at the gate and it was good. it explains alot more detail. The US can get it on Itunes. It's About 45 minutes Long and 45 seconds.
                          Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 30 May 2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X