Enemy at the Gate: "Special Extended Version"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
    I am going to be even more annoyed at the Ronon death scene if they cutted up & had enough minutes to replace it since that scene has absolutely no meaning
    I agree, i hated that scene, just wish it was replaced but I guess it'll have to stay..

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
      Ignorance isn't an excuse.
      Was being rude necessary.
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Now that's something I think this episode of all of them could potentially benefit from immensely.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

It all depends on which scenes are added back. Scenes that give the ep some breathing room, so to speak, would be most welcome. Scenes that only cram more into an already overstuffed ep, well not so much.

Ideally it would be an extended cut that added 15-30 minutes like BSG has done. If it's just going to be 5 or so minutes of extra scenes, meh.

Comment

i hope it'll be like SG-1s S8 episode 'Threads', which had a lot of extra minutes added in for the DVD version (and i think that long version aired only once on TV). EATG did seem a bit rushed, so maybe this extended version will make the ep flow a lot better.
            sigpic

Comment

But then the network wanted a scene with Keller earlier in the show
              At least now we know why Dr. Keller was shoved down our throats during season 5.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by :Orion Coran: View Post
                Well, according to Paul Mullie, there is a chance that we may have a extended version of 'Enemy at the Gate' on DVD. Now, whether that is on the Season 5 disc is unknown.
                Isn't that dangling a carrot? I really hope this happens as it would be very unfair to mention it if it's not going to happen. I think there would be very few Atlantis fans that wouldn't want this, as it will help to give a bit more closure on the series...but if it's all luvvy duvvy shippy stuff, then I'll stick with the one we already have!!! Unless they include the BTS stuff where Ronon kisses Shep.... that'd be great!!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TraK View Post
                  i hope it'll be like SG-1s S8 episode 'Threads', which had a lot of extra minutes added in for the DVD version (and i think that long version aired only once on TV).
                  That would be nice. The extended version of Threads did only air once on the scifi channel. It was a "special" that if you missed well tough.

EATG did seem a bit rushed, so maybe this extended version will make the ep flow a lot better.
                  It did seem a bit rushed but IMO it didn't hurt the ep at all.

Comment

This would be f***ing awesome!!

watching the episode I felt wtf? this could've have been Atlantis' movie. I hope that on the DVD it says original and extended so we have both. It would be nice to have 15-30 minutes added because "Enemy at the Gate" was so rushed it was ridiculous. Could easily be a 2 hour movie (no not with commercials or anything else. 120 minutes.) I love the episode but I'll love it even more if theres an extended version
                    There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Sounds good. I will laugh but if it turns out they cut an hour of content to make it fit, so then on the DVD we get our 2 hour finale =p, it will be a happy laugh...
                      I believe among your people it is customary to shake hands....... Just a little Wraith humor

Sig thanks to geekywraith *big hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
                        This would be f***ing awesome!!

watching the episode I felt wtf? this could've have been Atlantis' movie.
                        Definitely!

It could easily have been a 2 parter.
                        Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Well, Vegas is getting a slightly-extended version (4 minutes longer), so why not EatG?

Comment

An extended version wouldn't help EatG. The thing needs an entire re-write to stop all the character's acting like retards.

An extended version will probably just add more stupid.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                              An extended version wouldn't help EatG. The thing needs an entire re-write to stop all the character's acting like retards.

An extended version will probably just add more stupid.
                              I disagree. The episode was fine already. It was a little rushed but that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                I disagree. The episode was fine already. It was a little rushed but that's it.
                                Agreed.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Working...
                                X