X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001522.htm

Treatment

Treatment for drug abuse or dependence begins with recognizing the problem. Though "denial" used to be considered a symptom of addiction, recent research has shown that people who are addicted have far less denial if they are treated with empathy and respect, rather than told what to do or "confronted."

Treatment of drug dependency involves weaning off the drug gradually (detoxification), support, and stopping the drug (abstinence). People with acute intoxication or drug overdose may need emergency treatment. Sometimes, the person loses consciousness and might need to be on a breathing machine (mechanical respirator) temporarily. The treatment depends on the drug being used.

Detoxification is the gradual withdrawal of an abused substance in a controlled environment. Sometimes a drug with a similar action is taken instead, to reduce the side effects and risks of withdrawal. Detoxification can be done on an inpatient or outpatient basis.

If the person also has depression or another mood disorder, it should be treated. Very often, people start abusing drugs in their effort to self-treat mental illness.

For narcotic dependence, some people are treated with methadone or similar drugs to prevent withdrawal and abuse. The goal is to enable the person to live as normal a life as possible.
    Doesn't say anything about going to the bathroom, though. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      In the other one when Ronon fights with his satedans the camera was so bad that you could not follow. In this one, the same. When Ronon was fighting Marc, there were moments when the camera was not properly on them.
      I thought the 'Reunion' fight scene looked a lot better on DvD.

I didn't think anything of the camera angle in 'Broken Ties' so I can't really say anything about that. I liked the scene but I think I liked the 'Reunion' fight better.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Do you notice the problem mainly in Wraith areas? Apparently that particular set is a nightmare to work in. very cramped, bad air - just generally difficult and unpleasant...

Comment

I thought Jason Momoa did a brilliant job in this ep.
          Although SGA doesn't always follow up on the psychological implications and repercussions of events, I am wondering how you think Ronon will react to having been turned into one of his most despised creatures - a Wraith Worshiper?
          Will he blame himself for being weak? Or accept that it was a chemical working in his body that he really had no chance to fight? How will it impact his relationships with his team members?
          I can see it as extremely traumatic to his self-image and sense of honor.
          I hope they will explore this, at least a little bit.
          A girl can hope.

Comment

I still find that TPTB cannot film fight scenes. They look so....weird...
            I have a problem making out what's going on sometimes because the lighting is so dark. And when I can see the action, the fight scenes are very stylized. It's too obvious that they're choreographed.

Comment

I still find that TPTB cannot film fight scenes. They look so....weird...
              amongst many other things
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

In the other one when Ronon fights with his satedans the camera was so bad that you could not follow. In this one, the same. When Ronon was fighting Marc, there were moments when the camera was not properly on them.
                In GW's last interview with Jason, didn't he complain about the swordfight scene in this episode? The prep was bad, and they were rushed during filming.

The editing was terrible, and I hate when they "push" the film to make the actors look like they are moving faster than they really were. It looks fake.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Yeah...I don't think they'll explore it. It's not the Stargate way.

Comment

I think they just wanted to him go through the withdrawls, to get it out of his system, I am sure pain meds would of helped or not help, it may of been easier to do it the way they did it instead, it was hard to watch Ronan go through that. Jason Mamoa did a great job in this episode.

Comment

Remember Ronon would be hard to turn, They never completely won him, but he could of been too full of the enzyme that it would be unsafe to give him any thing else.
                      Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure View Post
                        In GW's last interview with Jason, didn't he complain about the swordfight scene in this episode? The prep was bad, and they were rushed during filming.

The editing was terrible, and I hate when they "push" the film to make the actors look like they are moving faster than they really were. It looks fake.

I had no idea he gave an interview. I rarely visit the GW homepage. I have my shortcut on the forum and that is it . Please excuse my ignorance ...

Comment

I had no idea he gave an interview. I rarely visit the GW homepage. I have my shortcut on the forum and that is it . Please excuse my ignorance ...
                          what?!!You're missing these great interviews with SGA TPTB.
                          "everything is amazing, wonderful, great. S5 is wonderful, blah blah."
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

The fight was great. We worked really hard on it. I almost feel sorry for Mark Dacascos ["Tyre"]. He's great to work with. We have really good chemistry together. I feel bad for him because we spent four days training with it, and two and a half hours of shooting. So we kind of got screwed on the whole fight. And the fight in my opinion came out really crappy.
                            http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...nd_tears.shtml
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Thanks but I don't need him to tell me it was crap. I can see for myself.

***tee hee hee ***

I am right...yet again .

Comment

It's nice to know when the actors agree with us on things. Lets me know I'm not being overly picky, and that their standards are just as high as ours; they're not phoning it in like some would.
                                They say the geek never gets the girl...what about the girl getting the geek?

Rodney/Teyla...it could happen

spoilers for "200"
                                Spoiler:
                                Gen. Hammond: It has to spin, it's round! Spinning is so much cooler than not spinning. I'm the general, and I want it to spin!

Vala: Are you saying that General O'Neill is...

Cam: My daddy?

Comment

Working...
                                X