Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did this episode make you think about McKeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silvercomet View Post
    And that's the point I see completely different. Where was Keller's support for McKay? Worse, she sat there with a face which showed she was embarrassed because of McKay's behaviour. Hey, the man was right with everything he said, wasn't he? I don't have the feeling she really loves the man he is. She wants to change him. Into something better? I don't know. I can't see it this way. I expect from a person, who says he loves me, that he accepts me as the person I am. And I expect understanding and support. I can't see these things with Keller. I don't want to ship two people together, but Sheppard has a better way to calm McKay down when it's necessary (maybe not always ).
    Exactly, Jennifer seems to dislike quite a few of Rodney's qualities and wants to change them "for the better". She's not in love with the man Rodney is at all. She's in love with the man Rodney would become if he changes to suit her image.

Originally posted by tar21 View Post
    the nature and potential for the McKeller was established in the Last Man and it wasn't just rushed.
    I'm sorry, but that is AU. Or alternate timeline. In that timeline, they'd lost pretty much everyone dear to them in Pegasus. They were driven together by that and found solace in each other. None of that happened in "our" timeline. The butterfly effect, ever heard of it?

I don't care if it was a hint from the PTB, the circumstances are completely different and realistically speaking, those two AU people's romance has nothing to do with "our" people's relationship.
    Last edited by FallenAngelII; 25 November 2008, 05:47 AM.

Comment

The effects of Mckeller to some folks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

Family Guy style!
      Last edited by Briangate78; 25 November 2008, 12:45 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        The effects of Mckeller to some folks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eYSpIz2FjU

Family Guy style!
        Yep that about sums it up
        sigpic

Comment

Even in the alternate timeline it was not done well. We never saw any of it. We just saw Rodney narrating it. Even then it was incredibly sudden from our (the audience's) perspective. It was right for the episode's plot to not focus too much time on it, but for a long arced romanced it was not worked properly.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            Even in the alternate timeline it was not done well. We never saw any of it. We just saw Rodney narrating it. Even then it was incredibly sudden from our (the audience's) perspective. It was right for the episode's plot to not focus too much time on it, but for a long arced romanced it was not worked properly.
            Exactly. The ship has been hinted at. But we haven't actually seen them develop feelings for each other. All of a sudden, the feelings are just there. And then they dance around Sam/Jack-style.

And suddenly they're dating.

Comment

The episode that killed McKeller for me (and I used to ship it) was "The Shrine," but this episode pushed me over the edge into hatred.

DragonLady
              "I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then, and I am not saying anything now." -- Delenn

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                Exactly. The ship has been hinted at. But we haven't actually seen them develop feelings for each other. All of a sudden, the feelings are just there. And then they dance around Sam/Jack-style.

And suddenly they're dating.
                and well apparently "other things" as well....

Ok...must NOT think about that. EWWWWW!

Comment

I want to take Gero's laptop away and hit him up the side of the head for writing this TRAVESTY that is McKay.................Keller!

P.S and thank you kali1

Joe Mollazie as well
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                    I want to take Gero's laptop away and hit him up the side of the head for writing this TRAVESTY that is McKay.................Keller!

not just him but the other PTB

Comment

It's a sad, sad world when even I can't come up with some sort of defense in the name of McKeller.

ummmm.......

Yeah, I got nothing.

Le sigh...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post

It's a sad, sad world when even I can't come up with some sort of defense in the name of McKeller.

ummmm.......

Yeah, I got nothing.

Le sigh...
                        How is this possible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                          How is this possible
                          Brainstorm and the whole romance sub-plot was just that bad. I've made no attempt to hide my disdain.
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay...underground bunker ready? Check. Here we go...

I really quite liked this ep.

There, I said it. But really guys why such the fuss? Okay, so I personally do prefer Ronon/Keller, Mckay/Katie (I was very confused as to why they decided to end it!) and I just ready something about Keller/Lorne...hmmm..
                            Anyway, just because it may not be the best, it's not awful! It's rather sweet - McKay tried to be humble! Okay, so he stopped as soon as Keller was out of the room. But it's sweet none the less!
                            So what if there haven't been mega amounts of 'moments'? For example, I was asked out by a guy that I had NO idea liked me - but just 'cause he hid his feelings, doesn't mean they didn't exist!

So, just calm down! Maybe it's not the best, but at least there's confirmation (maybe a little too much at the end of Brainstorm but ah well) unlike our universe Sam/Jack grr...

Anywho, rant over!
                            Thanks to LiliJ for (most of) my lovely sigs! xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Spangly View Post
                              So what if there haven't been mega amounts of 'moments'? For example, I was asked out by a guy that I had NO idea liked me - but just 'cause he hid his feelings, doesn't mean they didn't exist!
                              Uh huh, and did he tell you he loved you too? On your first date?
                              sigpic

Comment

I have to to say this for Rodneys sake as much as everyone else's, so please don't hate me but:

COME ON!! give Rodney a chance here, Its about time the intelligent person got the hot girl here.

I mean the whole McKay/Brown thing was a bit weird and awkward the whole time and plus am I the only one who thinks Katie was a bit abnormal? there wasnt something right with that girl, I tell ya.....

So anyway before you throw me in the Stargate's unstable vortex all I have to say is go McKeller!!

AtlantisAssassin out...

Ps - I meant what I said earlier - dont hate me.... lol
                                Enjoying Stargate's Technobabble since 1997

If you like the Gateworld podcast be sure to listen the The 5th Race Podcast for a fan's view of the Stargate Franchise! and join the forums while you at it![/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X