Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did this episode make you think about McKeller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a big fan of love stories in Sci Fi.. I know I know.. maybe thats the overly butch guy in me speaking but its like eating cereal with water for me..

Part of what I like about Sci Fi shows is the exploration.. new cool ideas.. flashy lights and well you know.. guy stuff.. (insert foot into typical male mouth)

I find that a lot of this love story stuff is to appeal to a more female audience.. which brings to my mind.. if thats the case.. then why are they watching a Sci Fi show.. I believe you can find a romantic comedy almost any night of the week on cable TV..

I like my Sci Fi almost void of romantic BS.. besides if it doesnt lead to anything other than kissing its like a tease anyway.. all or nothing I tell you!
    sigpic
    I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
    "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
    Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

What bothers me is that this season has been good. Mostly anyway. I don't believe for a second that the series must be "put out of its misery." But every time these two appear in this over the top cringe-inducing romance, it drags everything down. Especially one that doesn't need to be so painful.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

What are people so offended at that theyre boycotting the episode? This episode was the most full on love story i think Stargate has ever done...no other pairing has ever been this "couply" on screen. And it's one episode out of nearly 15 full series...and i thought it was a very sweet episode.

If people dont like Keller, surely you can just enjoy the episode for Rodney being a hero all the way through and joining the mile high club at the end! *high fives for McKay*
        "We've been working on this chair for two years to make it a viable virtual reality training tool for SGC personnel.." - Dr Lee

"You have failed" - Teal'c

Comment

Negative.

I've never been a McKeller fan. But what I saw in this episode was even worse than I imagined it would be. Just two words: Soap opera.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            I like it. I think it's good for both of them. They both become the best versions of themselves when they're together. What else could a person ask for in a partner?
            Ditto.

I like McKeller and have enjoyed watching Rodney grow in his confidence in the matters of the heart, from confronting Ronon that he would not step aside, to asking Keller to take a long trip to Earth with him, to his desperation on saving her life and pleaing her to come back to him.

sig by Varda

Comment

I wasn't a fan of the ship before, and am even less of one now. The reason is that I just don't pick up on that sort of chemistry between them. Rodney/Katie- there was chemistry there. Keller/Ronon too, I thought. There still is!

There's not even a sibling-type thing there with McKay and Keller. Everything just feels really forced and artificial, on both sides.

Comment

in my opinion the whole ship could have worked, but it was rushed and forced with lots missing inbetween, the declorations of love on a first date, even if they did nearly die, and the insinuation of the mile high club, yuck! what happened to good stargate romance?

Comment

To be honest, it made me go from sad that SGA was canceled to happy the nightmare will be over soon. The confirmation for this ship put the final nail in the coffin for me. I was pretty sure I wouldn't be watching any of the upcoming episodes (and I am glad I avoided this one), but now I'm definintely not watching anymore. IMO this is the worst ship in Stargate history.
                  sigpic
                  My Site || My Blog

Comment

I hate McKeller. On the other hand I quite like McKay and Keller's relationship. I just hate the whole combi-name thing people do to their ships.

As one of the only two ships (wait three, Unending had Dan/Vala didn't? Never saw that.) that are even remotely official I'll say this: It's a hell of a lot better than anything they wrote Jack/Sam. (Sack? Jam?)

I find that Keller's constant hitting on a clueless McKay quite sweet.

McKay/Keller
                    sigpic
                    Banner By JME2

Comment

voted. this ep makes me gag!

Comment

It made me want to puke. I still do.

Comment

I really like it glad to see those two finally together.

Comment

I'm glad it's over. TPTB's attemptions of relationships are one the most idiotic things I've seen on Stargate during those 12? years
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                              how did it make me feel? - is that answer good enough?
                              Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                              It made me want to puke. I still do.
                              Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                              voted. this ep makes me gag!
                              Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              hmm well, the whole McKeller thing made me wish I had a steaming hot poker so I could poke my eyes out
                              Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                              same here. I hated the idea of the relationship in the first place and hated it a lot more after BS.
                              All of the above pretty much sums up my feelings.... I think it was Bill Nye who said something like 'Is that his sister? It can't be his girlfriend'

Get my point.....????
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by michellec24_7 View Post
                                All of the above pretty much sums up my feelings.... I think it was Bill Nye who said something like 'Is that his sister? It can't be his girlfriend'

Get my point.....????
                                I actually thought they were more like Uncle/Niece....But whatever way you look at it, it's beyond gross
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X