Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Dr. Keller say ________ on the first date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horans015 View Post
    Does this remind anyone of the awful love story in attack of the clones? On their first date Dr. Keller says I love you- come on. Yes they work together, yes they face life and death together, but when have the two of them ever shared an intimate moment (well maybe trio but carter was there) for her to develop "love" for him...

I'd love to hear ur guys thoughts!
    Sean
    Because she almost died and just came out of hypothermic shock? That must do something to your sanity

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
      Warning identity spoiler:
      Spoiler:
      because she has already switched bodies with the thief in Indentity! The gal figures she can con Mckay easier than ronon!
      I don't think so! But as we all now "Relationships that evolve out of life threatning situation are not meant to hold." Though I was kinda freaked,too. hugging him.. yeah..kissing him... hell ya... but I thought the I love you was a bit rushed, too.... and on the plane they sit that much apart.. after that kind of confession... I'd be all over him... forget the talking!

Comment

Originally posted by horans015 View Post
        Does this remind anyone of the awful love story in attack of the clones? On their first date Dr. Keller says I love you- come on. Yes they work together, yes they face life and death together, but when have the two of them ever shared an intimate moment (well maybe trio but carter was there) for her to develop "love" for him...

I'd love to hear ur guys thoughts!
        Sean
        never saw 'attack of the clones,' but this 'i love you' on the first date reminds me of some bad fanfic though... or a fanboy's fantasy *cough*.

Comment

I think Keller had been interested in Rodney from Trio when she said he was a nice guy and then again when she mentioned that Rodney was seeing Carson while he was in the stasis pod. So yes, maybe she was falling in love with Rodney and then finally realized that it was love all along and turned down Ronon.

And I think her repeating the words that Rodney used during The Shrine just let me know that she repeatedly viewed that portion of the taping and so it just seemed natural to repeat it back to Rodney.

I didn't feel that her declaration of love to Rodney was rushed, she seemed genuinely in awe that Rodney had saved her life and then quitely and clearly said I love you. So I thought that was a tender moment for both.

sig by Varda

Comment

We all have different opinions on this subject and that is fine. But respect differing opinions. What I said was my opinion. I was simply stating that. Yes, for some, knowing each other for a short time and then saying 'love you' right away works. But that doesn't work for everyone. I believe love takes time to develop. Yes...time is relative though. It depends on the commitment involved and it takes knowing each other. I just believe saying ILY too quickly is a mistake. I agree with what Arica said....Some do say "I love you" too quickly without understanding the meaning of it. Again. My opinion.

Comment

We all have different opinions on this subject and that is fine. But respect differing opinions. What I said was my opinion.
              I hope you didn't feel I was disrespecting your opinion, that wasn't my intent. I merely wished to provide a look at 'the other side of the coin' so to say. When you said that "saying "I love you" and having sex on the first date are not the ingredients to a long term relationship" I simply wanted to point out that that may not always be the case. I wasn't telling you to change your opinion, nor was I disrepecting you having that opinion and I apologise if you felt I was, it simply differs from my own personal experience is all.

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
                I hope you didn't feel I was disrespecting your opinion, that wasn't my intent. I merely wished to provide a look at 'the other side of the coin' so to say. When you said that "saying "I love you" and having sex on the first date are not the ingredients to a long term relationship" I simply wanted to point out that that may not always be the case. I wasn't telling you to change your opinion, nor was I disrepecting you having that opinion and I apologise if you felt I was, it simply differs from my own personal experience is all.
                I didn't think that at all about your post....really. I'm totally ok for people having different opinions. My goodness, if we were all the same, we'd be boring. I only said that because sometimes in threads, people forget that everyone has different opinions. I only put that out there as a general comment. You gave a good point. You didn't disrespect me at all.

*huggles* It's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                  I didn't think that at all about your post....really. I'm totally ok for people having different opinions. My goodness, if we were all the same, we'd be boring. I only said that because sometimes in threads, people forget that everyone has different opinions. I only put that out there as a general comment. You gave a good point. You didn't disrespect me at all.

*huggles* It's ok.
                  Cool. Thanks for qualifying that. I sometimes develop foot in mouth syndrome on forums and forget to double check my posts don't come across as thoughtless.

Comment

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
                    Cool. Thanks for qualifying that. I sometimes develop foot in mouth syndrome on forums and forget to double check my posts don't come across as thoughtless.
                    I do the same

Comment

She told him she loved him because, obviously (at least IMO) she had felt that way for some time. The "first date" was really kind of a formality.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                        Perhaps someone should provide the standard timetable so that the rest of us can know how a proper relationship is supposed to go...

x days/weeks/months/years since meeting - you are permitted to love someone

y minutes/hours/days total 'alone time' - you are permitted to love someone

z dates - you are permitted to love someone

In addition there is a great deal of confusion as to whether you are allowed to love someone before having shagged them, or if a certain number of shags are required before the proper modern couple are allowed to love one another.

the corrolary is that if x+n, y+n or z+n are reached without love being declared, it can't be real love or it would have been felt at times x,y,or z.
                        don't forget the total volume of fluid exchange - crucial parameter

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                          don't forget the total volume of fluid exchange - crucial parameter
                          Most definitely

Comment

You mean, like, she has to buy a round of drinks for him and his pals, and he has to give her a bottle of perfume?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                              You mean, like, she has to buy a round of drinks for him and his pals, and he has to give her a bottle of perfume?
                              yes, and a bottle of milk

Comment

Just saying before hand. Just in case I do end up making it sound pushy. This is my own personal opinion and I appologise in advance in case anyone feels offended.

I was with my bf for a month before we said I love you to eachother. Granted, we haven't been together for eighteen years. But it has been two years. lol So I guess it's not a good example.

But I do believe in love at first sight. But I also believe that it grows and matures as you get to know that person you fell for.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X