Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Dr. Keller say ________ on the first date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, there is the fact that RODNEY SAVED HER LIFE!!!
    Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keezo View Post
      Also, the whole point of her saying "I love you. I have for sometime now. Just wanted you to know" is because it was what Rodney said to her in The Shrine when he was being videotaped. They had never had an intimate moment together when he said it so why couldn't she say it as well.
      Ditto

Originally posted by Korean_Turtle87 View Post
      McKay said it before the first date
      Yes he did!

Comment

McKay said I love you to her completely out of nowhere, so she wanted to one up him.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Love's a tricky concept. you can't judge when someone should love someone. it all depends on their feelings. and you dont necessarily need to go on dates with someone until you're allowed to say you love them.
          "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
          O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
          Woolsey: What does that mean?
          O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Warning identity spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            because she has already switched bodies with the thief in Indentity! The gal figures she can con Mckay easier than ronon!

Comment

Sounds like wishful thinking Rac80
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

When a chick says ILY on the first day ur sposed to either run away, or nock her up asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                  And then there are some people who say it without meaning or understanding it
                  Bravo. well said.

saying "I love you" and having sex on the first date are not the ingredients to a long term relationship. But that's just my opinion.

Comment

saying "I love you" and having sex on the first date are not the ingredients to a long term relationship. But that's just my opinion.
                    Lol. Well I'm glad it is just your opinion and my husband didn't have that same opinion. We knew each other as freinds for only three months before out first date, and yes he said ILY on that first date. It does happen. Sometimes things just don't go according to the rules that society likes to try and impose. I'm hoping 18yrs is considered a 'long term' relationship.

Of course there are many times when it isn't, as you say, the ingredients for a great relationship, but I've also known folks who've dated for a very long time before making a commitment to each other, then splitting up in a fairly short period of time afterwards.

Who makes the rules for relationships these days anyway? McKay/Keller isn't a pairing I like, but I don't see anything wrong with her announcement that she's loved him for awhile.

Comment

Perhaps someone should provide the standard timetable so that the rest of us can know how a proper relationship is supposed to go...

x days/weeks/months/years since meeting - you are permitted to love someone

y minutes/hours/days total 'alone time' - you are permitted to love someone

z dates - you are permitted to love someone

In addition there is a great deal of confusion as to whether you are allowed to love someone before having shagged them, or if a certain number of shags are required before the proper modern couple are allowed to love one another.

the corrolary is that if x+n, y+n or z+n are reached without love being declared, it can't be real love or it would have been felt at times x,y,or z.

Sorry chaps, but I did all my falling in love in the c20, and I seem to be out of touch with the mathematics of love.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                        Perhaps someone should provide the standard timetable so that the rest of us can know how a proper relationship is supposed to go...

In addition there is a great deal of confusion as to whether you are allowed to love someone before having shagged them, or if a certain number of shags are required before the proper modern couple are allowed to love one another.

the corrolary is that if x+n, y+n or z+n are reached without love being declared, it can't be real love or it would have been felt at times x,y,or z.

Sorry chaps, but I did all my falling in love in the c20, and I seem to be out of touch with the mathematics of love.
                        LOL

If some guy asked me out on a date and it's someone I wanted to be with for quite sometime and it ended up with me dying and my date saves my life and he still wants to be with me after all that, crap I would say, "I love you!"

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post

ROTFLMAO!!! Well said.

Comment

I have a wacky theory, maybe she said "I love you" because she loves him....
                            Nah it's stupid, doesn't fit with the formula (2x + y)/z = love
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by kali1 View Post
                              Bravo. well said.

You act like they don't know each other. After a year, and being in dangerous situations together, you'd think they would have bonded. Technically, I wouldn't say it was their first "date" (He did buy her a drink) But, who needs a date to know whether you love someone or not. Whatever happened to "Love at First Sight?" Sometimes, when you love someone, you just LOVE them.

In normal circumstances, some people would go by the
                              "rules" of dating governed by society, but, they are fictional characters who live in a completely different galaxy and deal with life and death situations on a weekly basis. Also, keep in mind, They don't show us every minute of every day on Atlantis. The writers would like us to realize that Mckay and Keller have been getting to know each other outside of what we see in an episode. You don't have to be going out on a date to get to know someone. Also, didnt Mckay say in 'The Shine' that, not only did he love her, he loved her for some time? Again, sometimes, you just know. Sometimes, the rulebook gets thrown out the window. Love is unpredictable.

Originally posted by gottaluvit View Post
                              Lol. Well I'm glad it is just your opinion and my husband didn't have that same opinion. We knew each other as freinds for only three months before out first date, and yes he said ILY on that first date. It does happen. Sometimes things just don't go according to the rules that society likes to try and impose. I'm hoping 18yrs is considered a 'long term' relationship.

Of course there are many times when it isn't, as you say, the ingredients for a great relationship, but I've also known folks who've dated for a very long time before making a commitment to each other, then splitting up in a fairly short period of time afterwards.

Who makes the rules for relationships these days anyway? McKay/Keller isn't a pairing I like, but I don't see anything wrong with her announcement that she's loved him for awhile.
                              Amen to that! Congrats on 18 years. ^^

Five Stages Of Grief:
                              1. Denial 2. Anger. 3. Bargaining 4. Depression. 5. Acceptance.
                              RIP SG1 & SGA.
                              .::My Myspace | My DeviantArt Gallery::.

"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, the meal was cooked a long time ago."

If you're in need of a sig/tag drop me a PM. I'd be more than happy to make ya one. ^^

Comment

well he did just

Spoiler:
                                save her life

Comment

Working...
                                X