This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    I think you getting a little overdramatic. It was bad but their were definatly worse episodes.
    i think this gives Family Ties a run for its money. or Bounty
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
      Personally I think episodes like"Bane" were much worse than this. Also, however weak the story might have been the guest stars really saved some parts of this one.
      Even the guest stars couldn't save this ep for me..I've never squirmed so much watching a show....It was painful to watch

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
      *cough* Irresistible/Irresponsible* cough*
      Even they were better At least we got a bit of a laugh in those
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
        Even the guest stars couldn't save this ep for me..I've never squirmed so much watching a show....It was painful to watch
        Well I actually enjoyed all the scenes with Bill Nye in it. He adds a lot of humor to the episode. Overall I thought the episode was entertaining, not good, just entertaining. There were some awkward moments (such as McKay telling his date that he vomited after eating strawberries) but I still think it could have been worse. BTW, the physics were all wrong and I actually cringed watching the global warming presentation.

P.S. Have you seen Torment of Tantalus? I have never been more bored by Stargate in my life...

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
          Kramer: The cause has a lot riding on this.
          Tunney: Don't worry about it. Your precious cause will come out squeeky clean tomorrow...
          The "cause" being global warming.
          Oh, it was just "cause"! Thanks!

Comment

Well I actually enjoyed all the scenes with Bill Nye in it. He adds a lot of humor to the episode. Overall I thought the episode was entertaining, not good, just entertaining. There were some awkward moments (such as McKay telling his date that he vomited after eating strawberries) but I still think it could have been worse. BTW, the physics were all wrong and I actually cringed watching the global warming presentation.

P.S. Have you seen Torment of Tantalus? I have never been more bored by Stargate in my life...
            Yep I saw that ep but even that wasn't as bad as this IMVHO of course

It probably doesn't help that BS revolved around two of my least favourie characters in stargate
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              Yep I saw that ep but even that wasn't as bad as this IMVHO of course

It probably doesn't help that BS revolved around two of my least favourie characters in stargate
              Oh yeah true. I actually considered not watching this episode, but decided I'd watch anyway for Bill Nye and to see how erroneous the science was.

Comment

instead of showing episodes like this they should progressed the story in pegasus galaxy like exploring other worlds through the stargate or destroying a couple of hives or working on the human alliance.

Comment

Some parts were good, some were bad.

The good: McKay's quipping about Tyson downgrading Pluto. My father gets upset every time he sees Tyson on TV because of that.

The bad: The whole 'global warming' BS. I'm a complete skeptic over it, the evidence is completely against what the so called 'experts' are saying.

I also found it amusing how they were complaining about taking a private jet when it was recently brought up with the car company execs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                    instead of showing episodes like this they should progressed the story in pegasus galaxy like exploring other worlds through the stargate or destroying a couple of hives or working on the human alliance.
                    I don't mind a filler episode now and again...but this one was...boring. I was utterly bored. Even the cool guests couldn't save it. A so called physicist convention and no Sam Carter? Predictable, slow, boring.

Could someone explain me why was McKay performing CPR at an hypothermia victim?

I am not a Keller/ McKay fan neither am I a hater but this did nothing to add this couple some sort of chemistry. Nothing.

oi...Martin Gero you have to do a lot better.
                    Is this some kind of conspiracy to make me not miss SGA so much?
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

But that episode has Paul McGillion in it!

For Atlantis, I think Irresistable is way worse than this. The only drug McKay and Keller have is love. Oh, yes, I did like how Keller recited McKay's lines from The Shrine back to him.

I'm not sorry that I think McKay and Keller are kinda cute together.

You want a relationship that has no chemistry? Sheppard and Larrin. Flanigan is so much the better actor. Larrin is so plastic next to him. The actress is just reciting the lines. Sheppard and Chaya was unbelievable, too. Again, another plastic actress. Flanigan could have really shined if they just gave him an actress he could be on an equal footing with. Brandy Ledford, who was Norina from the volcano episode, Inferno, would have been a good match. Too bad she had already appeared on Atlantis. She would've been an excellent Larrin.

But Sheppard is the lone hero type, so no girl for him.

My kind of guy:
                      "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                      Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
                      (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

*cough* irresistible/irresponsible* cough*
                        Stolen Kosovo
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
                          Some parts were good, some were bad.

The good: McKay's quipping about Tyson downgrading Pluto. My father gets upset every time he sees Tyson on TV because of that.

The bad: The whole 'global warming' BS. I'm a complete skeptic over it, the evidence is completely against what the so called 'experts' are saying.

I also found it amusing how they were complaining about taking a private jet when it was recently brought up with the car company execs.
                          LOL riiight
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

*cough* Irresistible/Irresponsible* cough*
                            Nope, those were Shakespeare next to this one. At least they were funny and had Shep in them.

Originally posted by watcher652 View Post
                            But that episode has Paul McGillion in it!

For Atlantis, I think Irresistable is way worse than this. The only drug McKay and Keller have is love. Oh, yes, I did like how Keller recited McKay's lines from The Shrine back to him.

I'm not sorry that I think McKay and Keller are kinda cute together.

You want a relationship that has no chemistry? Sheppard and Larrin. Flanigan is so much the better actor. Larrin is so plastic next to him. The actress is just reciting the lines. Sheppard and Chaya was unbelievable, too. Again, another plastic actress. Flanigan could have really shined if they just gave him an actress he could be on an equal footing with. Brandy Ledford, who was Norina from the volcano episode, Inferno, would have been a good match. Too bad she had already appeared on Atlantis. She would've been an excellent Larrin.

But Sheppard is the lone hero type, so no girl for him.
                            Sorry, but he had a leading lady that he had great chemistry with and they killed her. It had to be said.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I liked this episode. Great cameos by the real physicists. McKay got lucky!!

Plus, DH was looking particularly sexy in the tux. Maybe he'll be the next James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                                LOL riiight
                                And this one of the reasons I hate whe writers press politics. Soon we will have a political debate in here
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X