Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to the CGI budget in season 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    what i think that makes CGI in SGU better is that EVERYTHING matches.
    I doesn't, but I agree it's much closer than it was in Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
      Are you serious.. BASMR was some of the best CGI ever.
      The CG is BAMSR was some of the worst in the series. The models used were very low quality renders, and the explosions looked awful. Those sequences were more about quantity than quality. The highest quality stuff I've seen in Atlantis was probably the very short sequence in Vegas that showed the Wraith's Hive being blown out of the sky by drones.

Comment

If you look closely.. ITS NOT A CAR. How is there even a road there. Be logical. If there was a road, they would have it blocked off for filming. Additionally, if a car did somehow get past security... they would have immediately stopped the take. Its not like it was an uber complicated shot that they only could afford one take and they had to use it no matter how bad it was. It was just a scene of them walking.
        *watches major davis's head explode* that was interesting...NOT!

and yep it's a car

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
          *watches major davis's head explode* that was interesting...NOT!

and yep it's a car
          Ummm sorry its not.. I have the episode on itunes and ive examined it several times.. if you look close its a piece of grass combined with darkened edge of the kino vision.. of course you hate SGU so much you probably saw it on some screen cap(on the screen cap it looks like a car) because you never rewatch the episodes or buy them on itunes... if you actually rewatched it again.. you'd see im right.
          sigpic

Comment

Can we see said screen cap? (please)

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
              Can we see said screen cap? (please)
              If you own human go check it out.. its this scene. Just above the actors heads all the way to the right.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=917&pos=467
              sigpic

Comment

Ummm sorry its not.. I have the episode on itunes and ive examined it several times.. if you look close its a piece of grass combined with darkened edge of the kino vision.. of course you hate SGU so much you probably saw it on some screen cap(on the screen cap it looks like a car) because you never rewatch the episodes or buy them on itunes... if you actually rewatched it again.. you'd see im right.
                I love SGU - it's blatantly a car.

Comment

Wow. It's obviously not a car. Go and rewatch the ep in high def and Look CLOSELY.
                  sigpic

Comment

If you own human go check it out.. its this scene. Just above the actors heads all the way to the right.

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/dis...um=917&pos=467
                    I don't. The R2 boxset has only just come out, and I shall most definitely be waiting for it to descend in price.

Couldn't see any cars there...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

nah the CGI in the last season is fine. well it has sufficient quality.

the problem is coloring. BAMSR seemed more like an animated painting than something really going on. Todd has specifically reserved purple, small hives for this occasion, the Asurans re-painted their ships.

TLT/FC has fine CGI, although i don't agree with the city shields being transparent.

it's the details that are off.

SGU has better CGI and better matches. i can still remember the dragon from The Quest and it makes me cringe. SGU's CGI matches better, has a better quality as a whole and blends better.

Atlantis rising, after 5 years it still gives me shivers from it's beauty.

i don't entirely agree with the battles from that era, but i do think the ulta-dark hives fitted much better than the unnaturally light ships from s4 onwards.

yes the nuking of Asuras is one hell of a piece of CGI

still the most awesome shots ever:

-Atlantis Rising
                      -Deadalus nuking the hives en route (the way Deadalus is positioned, i LOVE that angle)
                      -Nuking the city
                      -Nuking asuras
                      -Battle of the Void (No Mans Land)

Comment

Wow. It's obviously not a car. Go and rewatch the ep in high def and Look CLOSELY.
                        It's blatantly a car driving past. I can't tell if you're on a wind up, desperately trying to defend what you perceive to be an attack on the show, or have bad eyesight, but you're definitely wrong, and it's definitely a car.

I don't. The R2 boxset has only just come out, and I shall most definitely be waiting for it to descend in price.

Couldn't see any cars there...

Trust me when you see it in motion it's very obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                          It's blatantly a car driving past. I can't tell if you're on a wind up, desperately trying to defend what you perceive to be an attack on the show, or have bad eyesight, but you're definitely wrong, and it's definitely a car.

Trust me when you see it in motion it's very obvious.
                          Agree to disagree.
                          sigpic

Comment

what do you think it is then? a very fast running moose?

Comment

Looks like a branch or similar to me.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a branch or similar to me.
                                Its a branch along with the kino blurred vision that makes it look like a car. If there was no kino vision it would be obvious. And if it is a car.. where is the road?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X