worst season 5 SGA episode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Inquisition: Laughable attempt to justify the team's long litany of questionable actions in the Pegasus galaxy that was even still only rather humorously settled by bribing a fictional judge. Oh and the judge who thought Atlantis was guilty was of course the irrational one. If you think the same way you're probably just irrational to. Kavennaugh 2.0 distilled down and concentrated into one episode.

Identity: Useless cliched filler in every sense of those words.

Brain Storm: I could care less about McKay and Keller being in love out of nowhere and even if I did this would still have been painfully boring to sit through. When the highlight of the entire episode is that Bill Nye the science guy has a brief guest starring role something has gone wrong, and I've got nothing against Bill Nye.

The Lost Tribe: Daniel Jackson completely ignores the moral signifigance of a proposed Wraith genocide but freaks right the hell out over the few hundred thousand human side effect casualties it will also cause. Ugh...

Whispers: Experiment hot action girls team: FAILED

Tracker: Lets make an episode where they run around in the woods again and Keller fights a Wraith in hand to hand combat.... yeah, no.
    You bring up several important points, much of with I agree with but I have to bring up a couple responses.

To be fair, in Inquisition they didn't bribe the judge to justify their actions. They bribed him to avoid be wrongfully (in their mind anyway) punished. The implication was they were justified in their actions because they convinced the "objective" judge. Although, I'm not exactly certain how they did that though. Even if they were innocent they didn't seem to finish explaining that to him onscreen.

In The Lost Tribe, even if Daniel had the same empathy for all humans and all wraith, the Attero device wouldn't immediately have wiped out the Wraith. Perhaps not at all, I always thought it was rather big assumption that it would have ultimately resulted in the death of every single Wraith everywhere. It just would have given them an enormous strategic disadvantage. It WOULD immediately kill countless humans, and the number would be sharply rising for every second the device was active. So it's not unreasonable that his first priority would be preventing the death of millions of humans.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      To be fair, in Inquisition they didn't bribe the judge to justify their actions. They bribed him to avoid be wrongfully (in their mind anyway) punished. The implication was they were justified in their actions because they convinced the "objective" judge. Although, I'm not exactly certain how they did that though. Even if they were innocent they didn't seem to finish explaining that to him onscreen.
      Yeah, I just found the bribing of the judge funny more than anything, the episode was obviously written as a one sided argument for how the team was "totally not guilty, and if you think they are you must be irrational like this awful woman here". That's why I picked it as one of the worst.

In The Lost Tribe, even if Daniel had the same empathy for all humans and all wraith, the Attero device wouldn't immediately have wiped out the Wraith. Perhaps not at all, I always thought it was rather big assumption that it would have ultimately resulted in the death of every single Wraith everywhere. It just would have given them an enormous strategic disadvantage. It WOULD immediately kill countless humans, and the number would be sharply rising for every second the device was active. So it's not unreasonable that his first priority would be preventing the death of millions of humans.
      From the guy that argued against using missiles loaded with chemical weapons against the Goa'uld, because it would also kill the indoctrinated Jaffa soldiers that were their hosts, I would have expected comment though.

If Daniel can summon up some understanding for the zealous enforcers who serve the people who murdered his wife I'd think he'd be able to realize that trying to ruthlessly exterminate millions of members of a species for trying to eat isn't exactly groovy, especially when he knew that his people were working toward a better way at the same time. Which he doesn't even bring up.

Comment

Definitely Vegas. I think it was just an awful episode. I didn't even watch it when it was on the air, but I reluctantly watched it when I bought Season Five. I think it is one of the worst episodes of all.

I also didn't like Whispers. It just had a useless plot and didn't suit my taste.

Identity was another episode I didn't appreciate. A majority of the episodes in Season Five have nothing to do with the plot. It became aggravating to watch after a while (and don't ask why, it just did).

"Daniel, find me an anthropologist that dresses like this and I will eat this headdress." -Sam

Pal tiem shree tal ma.

Comment

The writers had 100 episodes to tell the story of the characters we loved so much; and as they neared the climactic finale (knowing full well that 100 would be The End) the pressure to honour those beloved characters became intense, and every minute precious.
          So WHY was episode #98 'Identity'? A story featuring a new, unknown and completely irrelevant character, and Keller (in a weak role)?
          Such a waste. They should have scrapped it and made Enemy At the Gate a two-part story as it deserved to be, instead of the crammed episode it was. I loved EAtG, but it was a big beast in a very small box.

I actually thought Vegas was a clever and brave episode, but for the same reasons as mentioned above it shouldn't have been #99. It would have worked well (and possibly been more accepted) at the beginning or middle of the season.

The end of the season (and the entire series itself) should have been spent revelling in the characters and all things 'Atlantis' before we said goodbye to them.

Comment

I reckon Vegas by a longshot just dont like it
            waste of an episode i reckon i had nothing to do with the story except how the wraith sent a signal to outer space but it was a waste of time and i reckon they should of done and ongoing triqual (Three Series Finale) lol XD

Comment

Originally posted by Chelnak42 View Post
              Definitely Vegas. I think it was just an awful episode. I didn't even watch it when it was on the air, but I reluctantly watched it when I bought Season Five. I think it is one of the worst episodes of all.

I also didn't like Whispers. It just had a useless plot and didn't suit my taste.

Identity was another episode I didn't appreciate. A majority of the episodes in Season Five have nothing to do with the plot. It became aggravating to watch after a while (and don't ask why, it just did).

And yes I also agree it became aggravating and very frustrating to watch S5
              sigpic

Comment

I thought remarkably Brainstorm had the worst science usage we had seem in a while but I loved the episode.

I hated Identity. It was such a shame that we wasted time on that when Stargate Atlantis was leaving us, I can think of about 20 other things I would have rather seen then a body-swapping episode.
                WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
                "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
                "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
                - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

First Contact, The Lost Tribe, Identity, Vegas, and Enemy at the Gate were all laughable episodes, that should never have been written. MGM should have hired better writers.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithQueenH View Post
                    I thought remarkably Brainstorm had the worst science usage we had seem in a while but I loved the episode.

I hated Identity. It was such a shame that we wasted time on that when Stargate Atlantis was leaving us, I can think of about 20 other things I would have rather seen then a body-swapping episode.
                    It was an episode designed to increase the likability of Keller. Funnily enough, it had the opposite effect in my opinion. Jewel is an awesome actor, she just has a crappy written role.
                    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                      It was an episode designed to increase the likability of Keller. Funnily enough, it had the opposite effect in my opinion. Jewel is an awesome actor, she just has a crappy written role.
                      i agree the episode was pretty bad while it was written mainly for the reason to advance mckay and keller's relationship which in my opinion is what made it such a bad episode

Comment

First Contact was by far the best episode for the season in my opinion. The Lost Tribe was a considerable disappointment by comparison, but looking at the episode individually, I had more fun with that one than any others. The one and only real problem I had with it specifically, was that I wish they had given Teyla slightly more to do, but (for that episode at least), it was a minor issue really, since with a showing that good I can overlook that kind of stuff.
                        Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 14 September 2009, 08:43 PM.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I think the worst was the clip show, for obvious reasons. I still enjoyed the concept of it though.

Comment

Funnily enough, I like the clip show episodes. They're nicely done.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              Funnily enough, I like the clip show episodes. They're nicely done.
                              Me too!

My least favorite of the season would be "Tracker", with "Outsiders" as a close second.
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

I agree with you Major David.

Comment

Working...
                                X