Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning Contains Major Spoilers: Who will not Survive Enemy at the Gate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just thought of something: It could be Caldwell or Ellis. I'd say the same about them as about Zelenka and Lorne, but it would make marginally more sense for one of them to die in the explosion of his ship. Not that I want it, though. If I had my word to say, no significant character from the expedition would die at all.
    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
    sigpic

Comment

I voted Ronon because JM said in an interview that he wanted to move on, and it would make sense to take advantage of the opportunity. But lately TPTB hasn't shown much sense IMO so, almost anything goes. I agree that killing McKay, or Sheppard could hurt the dvd sales, no matter how heroic the whole thing is done. I just hope is not Zelenka.

Zelenka dying at the end would save me a lot of money (by not buying season 5, and the movie), and considering the financial crisis that would be good but, I'll be sad anyway.

Comment

I think Todd will die. Maybe Ronon would like to sacrifice himself in the battle as a hostile Wraith fraction will attack Earth, but Todd will save the day. If it happens than I hope he will have a final good-bye scene to the expedition. Maybe Ronon will change his opinion about theirs former enemy and they will begin diplomatic meetings with Todd's people to achieve peace in Pegasus, which will be kept for centuries. So this is the dramatic tale how Todd became the greatest Wraith hero of all time.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

It's likely going to be one of the regulars. My vote goes to Keller!

*The above post has been approved by Briangate78*
          sigpic

Comment

Todd can't die, he's in the movies...

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
              Todd can't die, he's in the movies...
              is he?
              Bluejay also writes: “*when will we know for absolute sure that Todd will be in the movie? Don’t suppose you’ll tell us how big a role he’ll play will you?”

Answer: We won’t be absolutely sure who will be in the movie until after the actor deals have been closed.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...our-questions/
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I vote that Todd dies. And then is resuscitated.

If it's not Todd, my vote goes to Ronon. Who then is resuscitated by Keller.

No wait... if Keller is involved then my vote goes to McKay.

Yeah. McKay dies, but gets brought back to life by Keller.

... I don't think anyone doesn't survive EatG.

Comment

Why does everyone think it's Ronon.

Spoiler:
                  We have seen him in the pic from Eatg and he looked very much alive to me

Jason saying he didnt want to do a 6th season is totally different to him not wanting to do a movie.. the guy was probably fed up with NOTHING to do each week and tied into a contract.... if he does the movie he still has plenty of time to go and do whatever he likes.. so why on earth would he say no to the movies.

I doubt very much it will be any of the main cast .. and we don't even know if it happens in Eatg... JM never said what ep .. he just said we would lose a regular face before the end of the show.

So what about Caldwell or Kanaan or even Teyla's baby.... wouldnt call it a regular face but JM's version could be different to ours.

If anyone was to die I would be happy if it was Keller .... get rid of the character that was never needed in the first place...but that's probably too much to ask for...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                    Jason saying he didnt want to do a 6th season is totally different to him not wanting to do a movie.. the guy was probably fed up with NOTHING to do each week and tied into a contract.... if he does the movie he still has plenty of time to go and do whatever he likes.. so why on earth would he say no to the movies.
                    Remember, the script for "Enemy at the Gate" was completed before SGA cancellation was announced. So from the writers point of view, season 5 was written with the possibility of a season 6 in mind.

I doubt very much it will be any of the main cast .. and we don't even know if it happens in Eatg... JM never said what ep .. he just said we would lose a regular face before the end of the show.
                    Oh, I don't doubt TPTB ability to come up with a stupid death such as Lorne's or Zelenka's. I just strongly hope not.

Even though the show is now cancelled and so it matters less who dies or not, I still hope the death will either happen in "Vegas" on one of the alternate characters, or will somehow be reverted at the end of the episode. I don't want to lose any regular face in the season, because we seriously don't have that many extra regular faces to waste. (In fact, IMO we have none at all if we exclude the almost red shirts like Chuck.)
                    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                    sigpic

Comment

Except we all have different ideas of who was 'never needed in the first place'. I never liked Teyla, at all.

I think it'll be Lorne and Torren. Yes, I'm going for two. I don't want it to be either of them, but that's what I think.
                      sigpic

Comment

I doubt it would be Sheppard, McKay, or Keller. Anyone else is probably fair game, but I don't want any of them to die so I voted Other.

Comment

[QUOTE=bluealien;9177827]Why does everyone think it's Ronon.

Spoiler:
                          We have seen him in the pic from Eatg and he looked very much alive to me

Spoiler:
                          In the picture he also looks to be wearing hospital scrubs. Maybe they drag him out to the balcony so he can look on at McKeller smooching one more time until he decides to tumble over the balcony to his demise and get eaten by space whales to end his suffering?

Jason saying he didnt want to do a 6th season is totally different to him not wanting to do a movie..
                          Not necessary - it might be less time involved at the onset but he also might want to close a chapter on the character in order to make a clean break, and there might then be the expectation that he stick around for x more movies if it becomes a financially viable movie franchise which he might not want to get involved with.

So what about Caldwell or Kanaan or even Teyla's baby.... wouldnt call it a regular face but JM's version could be different to ours.
                          It wasn't just going to be a "familiar" face though, JM is also quoted as saying that the death would be "significant" which does lend itself to either being a regularly recurring character such as Lorne or Radek or to one of the main characters. It's not going to be McKay, Keller or Sheppard which would leave Ronon or Teyla. Teyla's death leaves loose ends in the form of Kanaan and Johnny Jnr, which I suppose the writers could, but seems fairly grim for a show that's normally fairly light weight.

I would be quite happy if they didn't kill off any characters because it's becoming a bit of a whedonesque cliche, but obviously it's written and done, so eh.

Comment

I'm surprised no one has said Woolsey yet.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Other.
                              sigpic

Comment

I dont know why but im thinking it may be McKay. Though they will bring him back for the movies somehow.

Comment

Working...
                                X