Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning Contains Major Spoilers: Who will not Survive Enemy at the Gate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lorne
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I want them to kill Sheppard because (a) no-one would be expecting it, (b) it would have "impact" and (c) he's boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbes View Post
        I want them to kill Sheppard because (a) no-one would be expecting it, (b) it would have "impact" and (c) he's boring.
        d) half the audience would not be back for the longwinded episode movie
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

.....keller. put an end to the shipping nonsense.
          Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
          sigpic

Comment

I'm with those who want them to kill Sheppard. I wouldn't mind if Clone!Carson, Teyla, Ronon, or anyone else I care about is killed either.

*shrug* I dun care.

Comment

I really want them to kill Keller, it will be significant for TBTP and I'll be happy, although I could see them killing Ronon if Jason wanted out.
              http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

I'd say Chuck fist since he isn't in the promo pics with the team standing on the overlook. Then perhaps Lorne based on Shep's expression. After that, Major Davis! Yea, I'm the underdog. I'm the one who thought the last Cylon was the Battlestar Galactica herself!
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

it was a tough call between Tayla and Ronon, but I chose Ronon.

I dont think either adds much, but what little Ronon adds he "stole" from Tayla.

Plus I just dont like the character.
                  People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Question for the Mallozzi blog experts:

Did JM say specifically that this signficant death would be in EatG, or just sometime between now and the end of the season?
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

My money's on either Ronon, Zelenka or Lorne.

Jason Momoa has been hinting at a departure from the series since Season 4, I think, and killing Ronon off would be a definite shock. I can just see him sacrificing himself to save Sheppard, McKay and Teyla and kill a whole lot of Wraith in the process. The more I think about it, the more certain I become that it's Ronon.

Zelenka or Lorne are close behind, but I don't think it's gonna be either of them to get the axe. While they're both very enjoyable characters and maybe even the least hated out of the whole Stargate Atlantis fandom, I don't think their deaths would have significant enough an impact.

Chuck is even less relevant, so while it's possible, I don't think it would matter much. By contrast, Sheppard and McKay are so important that I agree with predictions that a lot of people wouldn't buy the movies if either of them are gone permanently. As for Keller, I personally like her and don't understand the huge fan-hatred towards her, but I'm also putting the odds of her dying rather low. I think TPTB want a happy end for McKay and Keller.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryk Celestis View Post
                        ...I don't think their deaths would have significant enough an impact.
                        Name me one death on SGA that had any significant impact on the characters or the story which lasted longer than the scene/episode it happened in.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          Question for the Mallozzi blog experts:

Did JM say specifically that this signficant death would be in EatG, or just sometime between now and the end of the season?
                          There's nothing that states when the death will happen in S5 as far as I know...
                          There is a significant character death that will, no doubt, surprise many. Oh and by the way 'significant character' covers everyone from regular to recurring, so no one - from Sheppard to Chuck the Technician - is safe.
                          Original post by pilgrim soul.

And from JM's blog:
                          Pat writes: “So, does this mean things went already less than “ideal” and we have to do without one of the well-liked “familiar faces” in the movie? Or is the group in which the “significant character death” occurs not congruent with the group of “familiar faces” you mentioned?”

Answer: "Nope. It definitely is a familiar face."
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...urhams-acacia/

Comment

I hope it's Ronon, because it's the only one I see could make sense. Dieing in a flash of glory would be completely in character and meaningful for him. While I can picture Teyla sacrificing herself for the team, her death wouldn't feel right because she has so much more than fighting in her life.

While possible, killing Zelenka or Lorne would be a huge mistake IMO, same as when they killed Beckett. Zelenka and Lorne are not important enough for their death to make a difference in the big picture, but they are important enough for it to leave a big unpleasant gaping hole in Atlantis. They would be sourly missed by the fans without their deaths feeling meaningful. We know too much of them to use them as red shirts, but little enough to feel frustrated if they were to suddenly disappear. As for Chuck, even though I like him, he's kind of a red shirt. His death wouldn't feel that important.

Finally, I can't imagine TPTB killing Sheppard, McKay or Keller... unless the character has a means to revive by the end of the episode. Who knows, maybe that's the key: Nobody actually dies in our universe? For example, Sheppard, McKay, Woolsey or Todd may die in "Vegas", because it's not our real characters.

Now, I understand there might be real-life issues that make TPTB kill a character regardless of whether or not it's a good idea, such as when they killed Ford and Weir. If it's the case, I hope at least they deign give the character an interesting and meaningful death, strongly established in a story arc (when they'll find one for season 5, that is...)
                            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                            sigpic

Comment

it better not be Ronon or Zelenka or Teyla

I voted other I don't think it is three I mentioned
                              sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Pretty much agree with Laura Dove. Wont be Chuck because he's not much more than a regular background character and wouldn't have any real impact, wont be Teyla because of her mom status, wont be Sheppard or McKay because movie sales would be impacted and the accountants would throw a fit, wont be Keller because TPTB have invested too much in the character - which pretty much leaves Lorne, Radek and Ronon as the candidates for the chop.

If it's Ronon because of JM wanting to leave the show, then that's fine. But if they're killing off a character purely for shock value and it's one of those three then it's not exactly shocking is it, especially when they tell us well in advance what they've got planned.

Bored now.

Comment

Working...
                                X