This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ashimjara View Post
    I still think it's an amazingly bad decision, after all the standard of SGA was getting better every series and ratings were up. I read somewhere that Universe was going to be aimed at a 'younger viewer' so surely doing both would have kept the money rolling in and kept the fans happy?
    Actually both options still are a bit of a crapshoot. It was tough for them doing two shows at once and I think they didn't want to do that again. Also a new series costs less than a 6 year series.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      Actually both options still are a bit of a crapshoot. It was tough for them doing two shows at once and I think they didn't want to do that again. Also a new series costs less than a 6 year series.
      I get that it was tough for them to make the 2 shows. its just the way the whole thing has been handled has realy put me off SGU. I loose a perfectly good show 1 day and im told ill get my fix from SGU the next seriousley im not a child I will actualy notice theres a different show on the telly

I gotta wonder wether any of the higher ups in mgm,scifi and BW actualy considered how they were going to handle the transition and what the ramifications would be. I look forward to the probable spinfest that comes from BW on Joe M's blog when its up
      sigpic
      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
        remember Joe said
        1. How did you hear that Season 6 of Atlantis wouldn’t happen, and what was your first reaction?

JM: Although we knew that the odds were stacked against us for a sixth season pick-up, we were cautiously optimistic after our premiere. In the ensuing weeks, the ratings held and, given that the first few episodes of season 5 had pulled in better numbers than the back half of season 4, our optimism grew. We had, of course, heard word that SGU was close to a done deal and, with the new series poised to go, we were looking at the possibility of producing another 40 episode season. Taxing but very doable, and we were more than up to the task. But, following a conference call with the studio and the network, Brad came in and told us that this would be Atlantis’s final season. We were disappointed, not only for ourselves (we had a great time making the show, especially these last two years) but for the countless others involved in its production as well.
        http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=1604
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
          I get that it was tough for them to make the 2 shows. its just the way the whole thing has been handled has realy put me off SGU. I loose a perfectly good show 1 day and im told ill get my fix from SGU the next seriousley im not a child I will actualy notice theres a different show on the telly

I gotta wonder wether any of the higher ups in mgm,scifi and BW actualy considered how they were going to handle the transition and what the ramifications would be. I look forward to the probable spinfest that comes from BW on Joe M's blog when its up
          Yes they will be two very different shows but I'm hoping we will stilll get our Stargate fix with SGU.

Comment

What I am hoping is going to happen is they do SU and it flops soooo bad it will make em all go "Holy Cow what the hell have we done" meanwhile the SA dvd sales are through the roof and they decide to bring it back.

So it should be back late 2009 early 2010.
            sigpic < Look what happens when you cancel stargate atlantis.

Mirror Mirror is a great maybe a little complicated but great.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis15 View Post
              What I am hoping is going to happen is they do SU and it flops soooo bad it will make em all go "Holy Cow what the hell have we done" meanwhile the SA dvd sales are through the roof and they decide to bring it back.

As much as I want SGA back I don't want that to happen. I want SGU to get a fair shot. I am skeptical but I don't want it to tank just to get SGA back.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis15 View Post

I salute you and look foward to it's comeback.
                Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

So the latest news is that the cancellation of SGA was a creative decision. Well yeah it's obvious when the SGA ratings have been going up. There is an article posted in the news section by Multichannel news if you want to read it.

Basically the producers have betrayed the current fans by taking a risk with a new show. There is no doubt, SGU was officially the reason for SGA's cancellation.
                  sigpic

Comment

Don't get me wrong I am going to watch at least one ep of SU but at the moment the characters seem to be a bunch of idiots with hardly any training.

Stargate is supposed to be about the best of the best and these guys don't even sound like the B team.

Also the creators are trying to target a younger audience but they didn't realise they already had it cos I'm 16 and I loooved SA.
                    sigpic < Look what happens when you cancel stargate atlantis.

Mirror Mirror is a great maybe a little complicated but great.

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      So the latest news is that the cancellation of SGA was a creative decision. Well yeah it's obvious when the SGA ratings have been going up. There is an article posted in the news section by Multichannel news if you want to read it.

Basically the producers have betrayed the current fans by taking a risk with a new show. There is no doubt, SGU was officially the reason for SGA's cancellation.
                      They are still trying to sell this decision as "the best idea we had in ages", aren't they. Maybe they are successful to convincing themselves, sooner or later and for the sake of the franchise I hope, that their plan will at least turn successful enough to keep SGA and SG-1 in the movie business for some time.
                      The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                        They are still trying to sell this decision as "the best idea we had in ages", aren't they. Maybe they are successful to convincing themselves, sooner or later and for the sake of the franchise I hope, that their plan will at least turn successful enough to keep SGA and SG-1 in the movie business for some time.
                        Well, I'm not convinced.

And maybe I'm a too pessimistic person, but I don't believe in more than one SGA movie. I have the feeling TPTB don't sound too enthusiastic about the whole thing.
                        sigpic

Comment

and here comes the stargate movies again
                          where they put more money into special effects then the actual writing of the films.

scifi really (the people who make these choices) need to get their heads examined as they are way out of touuch with the people that watch the channel.

SUPPORT PALESTINE

Comment

totally right. BSG just again at jan.. too long..Eureka is the only actual cool scifi.com series (besides SGA yet ).
                            Spoiler:
                            Mission report. Michael invaded Atlantis, tried to blow it up. We stopped him. End of report.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                              As much as I would like to see it, I seriously doubt SGA will get more than 1 movie. If they are willing to cancel it to make room for SGU, to me it shows that they have little faith in SGA.
                              SGU could have been moved out a year or two or at least one year of overlap which I think is better for the franchise and it helps allow fans time to deal with the change much more postivitely.
                              I don't buy their excuse that it is harder to do two shows at the same time. Yeah, I know it is difficult to do, but it is also worth the time and effort to the franchise to make that commitment since SGA was and is doing well. You get the best of all worlds that way. A chance to bring in new and younger viewers, while letting the established fan base time to deal with and get ready for the change.

Fans would have been upset at the cancellation when that eventually would happen as all shows do meet that fate but to find it is cancelled to make room for another show, just doesn't set well with me.

Not to mention you don't introduce a new show while insulting alot of the existing fans who made the shows a huge success and in many cases passed their passion on to their kids.
                              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Couldn't agree more.
                                Imho they announced the SGA movie to calm the fans down. If the movie fails, they can always blame it to bad selling numbers (and at the same time decide themselves which number will be the border between win and loss).
                                And to be honest: Joe Mallozzi isn't the best writer they have. Of his episodes I love "The last man", but under the rest aren't that many episodes I really like (and a lot of episodes I am not so fond of).
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X