X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a Woolsey smiley

Comment

I'm totally blown away by how great Woolsey's been as well. I was extremely disappointed about this for the longest time up until "The Seed" aired.

Vala,

Comment

Gotta say...I had major doubts about the character. But seeing him in action, i've been totally won over. I think the writers and actor are doing a fantastic job at making Woolsey into a great leader. I really think he's what the shows been needing (for a leader) for a long time.
        It feels good to be alive.
        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

At first when I heard about Woolsy I said, "WHAT?" And at first didn't believe it. I was afraid that with all the switching of Atlantis leaders things could get ugly for the show, but not so! He actually hasn't been the horrible pain in the rear that I though he would be. I now enjoy the character and look forward to future episodes with him.
          sigpic

Comment

Woolsey has blown me away thus far. I really like seeing him adjusting to his role on Atlantis. I missed him in the last episode.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Woolsey has blown me away thus far. I really like seeing him adjusting to his role on Atlantis. I missed him in the last episode.
              Indeed. Would have been a good reminder of his old IOA connections if Woolsey had been very reluctant to stop Mckay from creating another alternate reality drive.

Comment

Yeah, I like Woolsey very much. Although he didn't exactly bring the high tension I hoped he would, but I like him as a comic relief and developing leader character. He isn't sqeamish like in the bug episode of SG-1, he isn't an a-hole either. He is just down-to-earth.

I think it's evident the writers find him easy to write for, as opposed to poor Weir and Carter. I liked Weir, but the writers couldn't find her a role in Atlantis. In that respect, I've found Carter a little too much like this, okay, she was scientist, soldier, base leader, but she was a "Do it" base leader too.

I had high hopes for Carter, but I was dissapointed in S4 (not just in Carter, but in the whole season as well).

Woolsey, on the other hand, seems to be a real change, always questioning Sheppard and co. Season 5's good this far.
                sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

I've really liked Woolsey so far. My initial reaction to the news was, "What!?" But as I thought about it, I thought that it could actually be good. I think Picardo is doing an even better job than I expected though.

The scene in "Ghost in the Machine" where he...
                  Spoiler:
                  stood up to the Replicators and was bluffing (I think he was bluffing) to let the city sink was really good. It looked like Woolsey was just about to crack when the Replicators gave in.
                  Picardo acted that scene very well.

So far...2 thumbs up for Picardo.
                  sigpic
                  FOX Network

Comment

Well Picardo is first rate actor and I knew he would do a good job, but gotta admit I love Woolsey as the leader. I felt, and still feel, getting rid of Weir was not necessary and frankly Carter's term was a let down (not Amanda Tapping's fault, the writers just didn't know how to use her properly, that's often the problem when pre-existing characters get transfred onto another show)

Comment

For me...he really is the missing aspect of Atlantis. When Sam (as much as I love her character) just never felt fully connected to the series. She was too nice...couldn't make the tension of situations as believable.

But when Picardo jumped into the role as leader it really improved things over-all and filled in the hole that I felt had been missing.

(not in anyway bashing Sam or the actress herself, she's a great person and great talent...just didn't think Sam fit as a leader)
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Totaly agree with you. Sam was great in her role as a military scientist, but leading an expentition and running a city isn't among her talents(her character's).
                        She has a different kind of prestige.She can figure out science problems and kick ***, but she looks like another comrad to her people. Woolsey brought that leader's prestige when he came to run things in Atlantis. He is not another one of them, he is the one givving the orders ;/
                        Spoiler:
                        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                        (YEAR 0 - 100)
                        "O thou Sun,
                        send me as far over the earth
                        as is my pleasure and thine,
                        and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                        but never hear anything of bad ones,
                        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...