This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    how about less time talking about other fans and more about the ratings please
    Well, just trying to explain the ratings and DVR and how it's important to SGA and the network. A lot of folks in a few months will be biting their nails waiting for that renewal decision.
    sigpic

Comment

explain away, but enough of the 'some people.....' comments. who cares about 'some people', just take care of your ratings and let other things take care of themselves
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm going to go with a 1.5 for the premiere. About the same as the finale of last season. The back of season 4 saw strong ratings, so I'm thinking this will continue, at least for the premiere. Also, SGA is back at its "normal" time -- premiering in the summer (unlike last year premiering in Fall), so that should help LIVE ratings. I believe next Friday it will have competition with Monk, so it may bring it down a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
          I'm going to go with a 1.5 for the premiere. About the same as the finale of last season. The back of season 4 saw strong ratings, so I'm thinking this will continue, at least for the premiere. Also, SGA is back at its "normal" time -- premiering in the summer (unlike last year premiering in Fall), so that should help LIVE ratings. I believe next Friday it will have competition with Monk, so it may bring it down a bit.

Let's hope so. Got my fingers crossed Jonas style.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Let's hope so. Got my fingers crossed Jonas style.
            same here
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Copperhead 1.5
              Ghost Hunters 1.2
              ECW 1.2
              Earthstorm 1.2
              Asteroid part two 1.2
              Supergator 1.1
              Scorcher 1.1
              Doctor Who 1.0
              Star Trek: The Next Generation 1.0
              Sasquatch Mountain 1.0

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 6/23/08 to 6/29/08
              I thought I will copy this rating here for comparison later.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I hate to be a gloomy Gus, but my guess is a 1.1 for the premiere. SCI FI's promotion seemed to be nearly nonexistant, harkening back to the SG-1 "We've already decided to cancel you" tenth season opening.

FWIW, GateWorld always sees a big traffic bump right around the season premiere which is usually fairly proportional to the ratings. Last Friday's bump (and the weekend bump) was almost negligible.
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                  I hate to be a gloomy Gus, but my guess is a 1.1 for the premiere. SCI FI's promotion seemed to be nearly nonexistant, harkening back to the SG-1 "We've already decided to cancel you" tenth season opening.

FWIW, GateWorld always sees a big traffic bump right around the season premiere which is usually fairly proportional to the ratings. Last Friday's bump (and the weekend bump) was almost negligible.
                  Maybe it was because Search and Rescue had already been leaked, and a lot had already seen it. GW was hopping a few weeks back and I had a feeling that the traffic on GW wouldn't be the same when it finally aired.

So I'm going to go the optimistic route and say a 1.4
                  sigpic

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I know last season there were leaks too, but those were unfinished and a lot of people (myself included) stayed away from those, I'm sure that that's made a difference. As for 1.1, if the show gets that then we can kiss the show goodbye.
                    Last edited by jenks; 14 July 2008, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Well SGA's promotion was about the same for like GHI, Scare Tactics, and Eureka. They even had a little SGA banner above the SCI FI logo. As per forum traffic, SCI FI.com had double the amount of traffic than "Adrift" did. The competition on the other networks was pretty light.

Anyway it doesn't matter what the live is, I am waiting for the final numbers.
                      sigpic

Comment

I hope you're wrong because that would be the beginning of the end.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          I hope you're wrong because that would be the beginning of the end.
                          You have no idea. I'll likely get banned from GW for my outrage. Just kidding Darren.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                            You have no idea. I'll likely get banned from GW for my outrage. Just kidding Darren.
                            Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              Same here.
                              why?

honestly, I think it's better to know howe long any show will exactly last (like BSG).
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                why?

honestly, I think it's better to know howe long any show will exactly last (like BSG).
                                I'd just rather SGA last a few more years.

Comment

Working...
                                X