Season 5 - Episodic Photography [SPOILERS]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    What about the lighting is wrong? I'm not being snarky - I'm honestly curious. To me it looks like they all have lighting coming from the right - you can see it on Jason's shirt, and Robert's uniform, and Rachel's arm. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though.
    It's the quality of the light - it's sharper on the others, whereas on Jason is kind of grainy... I'm more than willing to admit I might be wrong, but it looks to me like he was added later *shrugs*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
      Ok, looking at this photo posted in this thread

Spoiler:

I am assuming that since its the same actor, that he is playing Todd in this shot. If so, are we going to get some back story on Todd and perhaps how he got the star tattoo on his face? If you look, the tattoo isn't there , but he has the same finger thing as in other shots.
      that isn't todd. the LA site says it's chris heyerdahl playing that wraith, but it looks like one of the wraith from "outsiders/broken ties" that JM posted in his blog played by tyler mcclendon and aaron cravon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
        It's the quality of the light - it's sharper on the others, whereas on Jason is kind of grainy... I'm more than willing to admit I might be wrong, but it looks to me like he was added later *shrugs*
        Well, I could be wrong too - I'm hardly an expert! It was just that last years' pics were so obviously photoshopped and pasted, even I could tell that. This one isn't a great pic, but it did look to me like they were at least all together when they took it. But I could be wrong about that.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

Ever since season 4 ended, I can't wait to see what happens
          sigpic

Comment

What about that stripe that's running up right next to Ronon's arm? And above Woolsey's shoulder?

And yeah, that Stargate looks so awful. It's not even a geometrical figure any more. There's no name for it. It's round on one side, oval-ish on the other...

How hard can it be to actually get your 6 regulars together to make a few decent pics? You're paying them to make promo photos, right?

And if the youngest one isn't available for it, just drop her...

j/k

It has to be new pics, Teyla's outfit is new, Jewel now has bangs, Ronon's got the bad wig (why didn't they at least use like 6 to 8 of his own ex-dreads on top and the sides?), with Joe and DH you'd never see, probably? and Woolsey can be from a TLM shot, you never know, with that red vest.

*Sigh* How dare they even show these? And fire the one that gets paid for making that, it's obvious to a photoshop dummy like me these are fake!

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              You're welcome. Eh, PG15 will probably go "she didn't post the JM blog entry!" but well, hmm, pretty pretty pictures of the cast, or JM talking about food. Decisions, decisions
              Can't you do both?

Lovin' the new pics...but isn't this thread just for Episodic photos?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                Can't you do both?

Lovin' the new pics...but isn't this thread just for Episodic photos?
                If that were the case, you coudln't post anything JM took as they're not episodic either... the LA Times shots are better than some of the MGM promo shots!

Comment

Note that I didn't post any JM shots here. I post them in the Season 5 Picture Thread.

Speaking of which...

Comment

Note that I didn't post any JM shots here. I post them in the Season 5 Picture Thread.

Speaking of which...
                    Oops, stand corrected, but, the LA Times are shots from episodes

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                      It's simply God awful, they've butchered the the season four promo shots, which already sucked, and pasted Picardo in the middle. they couldn't have been more sloppy if they tried.
                      I'm not sure that's what they did, but I completely agree with you on the result. Horrible! The actors are cut and pasted together and all of the shots I've seen had the actors obviously photoshopped onto the set - they didn't even take the time to take on set shots! Incredible! What the hell did they do, have characters pose with one foot propped up on boxes and then paste them onto the stairs?

I keep on thinking that they can't put out promo shots crappier than the previous season and then they come out with this steaming pile. For a genre that prides itself on cutting edge CGI and computer effects this is simply embarrassing.

Comment

The new shots, with the hands on hips, or legs up, or just awkward poses....

CSI: ATLANTIS!

Yes, they've copied some of the publicity still poses of Horatio and the gang from CSI!

Comment

awful TV show, awful promos
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

That you'll keep watching?

Comment

That you'll keep watching?
                              here we go again...
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic