• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morjana View Post
    From SciFi.com:

http://www.scifi.com/

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
    The pic isn't showing. I managed to capture it too:

Thanks for thte link Morjana and thanks Osiris for the cast pic.

Comment

No need to apologize.... this is GOOD news, so the more who talk about it, the merrier!

Comment

Just info on the LA TImes photos....

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,7697710.story

HOLLYWOOD BACKLOT
        'Stargate Atlantis'
        Hollywood backlot19

June 19, 2008

The Sci Fi Channel's popular space opera "Stargate Atlantis" blasts off into
        its fifth season on the cable network on July 11. In early May, photographer
        David Strick got a preview of the plot machinations to come -- there are
        clashes aplenty with the Wraith -- when he visited the set in Vancouver at the
        Bridge Studios, as well as Lynn Canyon Park outside of the picturesque Canadian
        city. During the course of its upcoming season, the series, a spinoff of
        "Stargate SG-1," will celebrate its 100th episode and introduce a new species of
        aliens.

-- Susan King

David Strick is a veteran photographer whose work in capturing entertainment
        productions has given him access to behind-the-scenes Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSpikey View Post
          Is it just me, or is the Stargate not round?

No, it's not just you. If you look carefully there plenty of flaws to pick at. For example, the coloring seems off for Ronon and the background inside the gate looks like a mixture of different ones they have had, and I could go on.
          Maybe I'm wrong.
          IMO, it's another bad PS promo pic. sorrry.

Comment

I noticed it too....... Just now though.

Comment

It's simply God awful, they've butchered the the season four promo shots, which already sucked, and pasted Picardo in the middle. they couldn't have been more sloppy if they tried.

Comment

it looks horrible. ronon looks odd, and the gate is not only oval, but also looks like they took half a gate and added a mirror. its just a copy and paste one

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                  It's simply God awful, they've butchered the the season four promo shots, which already sucked, and pasted Picardo in the middle. they couldn't have been more sloppy if they tried.
                  These are some of the season four promo shots:

Please note that McKay is wearing black leather, Teyla is wearing a different outfit, and so is Ronon. Keller wasn't IN the season four promos...so I don't think they used a season 4 promo graphic with Picardo pasted in the middle.

Season Five for comparison again

I think the photo is quite nice. They've used the Atlantis Stargate as the main focus, there are natural shadows cast (especially Picardo's on Rachel), and it's balanced. There's a nice blend of colors, and I like how the light from the stain glass windows on the left seems to extend across over Picardo, Rachel and David.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

It's not the best I've ever seen (I still think the S2 shots were the best in spite of the casual clothes), but I think maybe they were actually all together instead of cut and pasted together. The weird look of the gate is probably because they're shooting at an angle instead of straight on. And it looks like they stuck Ronon on a box (why? It's not like he wasn't already head and shoulders above Woolsey) - Teyla and Keller too. But I'm not seeing all the weird proportions (mini Rodney? ) that last years' photos had. Oh, and Ronon's hair - that looks like the wig.
                    Last edited by Killdeer; 20 June 2008, 03:55 AM.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      It's not the best I've ever seen (I still think the S2 shots were the best in spite of the casual clothes), but I think maybe they were actually all together instead of cut and pasted together. The weird look of the gate is probably because they're shooting at an angle instead of straight on. And it looks like they stuck Ronon on a box (why? It's not like he wasn't already head and shoulders above Woolsey). But I'm not seeing all the weird proportions (mini Rodney? ) that last years' photos had. Oh, and Ronon's hair - that's obviously the wig (IMO).
                      Last year's photoshopping was pretty awful. Perspective was all off.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        It's not the best I've ever seen (I still think the S2 shots were the best in spite of the casual clothes), but I think maybe they were actually all together instead of cut and pasted together. The weird look of the gate is probably because they're shooting at an angle instead of straight on. And it looks like they stuck Ronon on a box (why? It's not like he wasn't already head and shoulders above Woolsey) - Teyla and Keller too. But I'm not seeing all the weird proportions (mini Rodney? ) that last years' photos had. Oh, and Ronon's hair - that looks like the wig.
                        There's no way Jason was in the room when they shot the others - the lighting is just all wrong, different texture to the photo... cr@ppy effort, imo.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ok, looking at this photo posted in this thread

Spoiler:

I am assuming that since its the same actor, that he is playing Todd in this shot. If so, are we going to get some back story on Todd and perhaps how he got the star tattoo on his face? If you look, the tattoo isn't there , but he has the same finger thing as in other shots.

Comment

They all have that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              There's no way Jason was in the room when they shot the others - the lighting is just all wrong, different texture to the photo... cr@ppy effort, imo.
                              What about the lighting is wrong? I'm not being snarky - I'm honestly curious. To me it looks like they all have lighting coming from the right - you can see it on Jason's shirt, and Robert's uniform, and Rachel's arm. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong though.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

That is awesome!
                                I am so excited about season 5!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X