X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...do I have to chose just one?
    "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post
      Here, let me help you with that... simply:

Choose a doctor, any doctor - you won't go far wrong.

The Doctor and the Wild Man Thread... Keeping the dream alive.

Comment

Originally posted by GateofDOOM View Post

...as long as you start with K and end will ELLER...you are on the right track .

Comment

.: Jackie I think what Paj meant is he would report fuchsia is she posted anti-Carson sentiment on the Anti-Keller thread. Yep, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuchsia View Post
            Okay... hit me... swear at me... but I can't STAND Carson Beckett!!!

Please... is there someone out there who thinks the same??

I started an 'anti-Carson in S5' thread and it was taken off by the mods, despite my being very careful to remain objective and non-confrontational.

Nothing at all against McGillion, but that pointy-haired guy must have some friends in high places methinks...

GET RID OF BECKETT!!!!
            I don't hate the guy. That's too strong a word.

I just find him BORING.

So yes, get rid of him for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
              I just find him BORING.
              .: And Keller is .... ?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                .: Jackie I think what Paj meant is he would report fuchsia is she posted anti-Carson sentiment on the Anti-Keller thread. Yep, that's it.
                Are you suggesting that the anti-keller thread is pro-beckett???

Cos that would straighten things out a lot wouldn't it....

Comment

.: No. It's for us Anti-Kellers. All Anti-Kellers.

Comment

Are you suggesting that the anti-keller thread is pro-beckett???Cos that would straighten things out a lot wouldn't it....
                    Not nesscarily. Just because someone likes Beckett doesn't mean they?* hate Keller or somone who like Keller doesn't hate Beckett. I was?* Pro Carter and a Pro Weir when S4 was airing.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

.: And Keller is .... ?
                      Not.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
                        Not.

.: Uh huh. Really. I can delve into a million deep reasons why I love Carson. It seems most people cannot for Keller. Can you?

.: If you cannot, I suggest you re-evaluate chararacterization.

Comment

I have found my old thread!
                          Here it is...

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=53535

All it says is 'closed', and I didn't get a pm either.

(There used to be a cute little padlock, too.)

Jackie, the thread contains a few of my issues with the character... I tried to be fair and not vindictive. How does it come across to you?
                          I looked at the thread. It's not a horrible thread. The mods locked it to cut down on the anti threads and try to make us all play nice. (play nice? hahahaha.)

Anyways, it would be okay to have a beckett character thread that discusses the character...pro and con. I think their is one already in the thunk-ie threads.

I do see people comparing Beckett to Keller on the anti-keller thread. Those are always pro beckett post from what I have seen. As long as the Beckett post is directly related to the keller thread...you should be able to make a statement. But I would post cautiously if I were you and keep anything neg about Beckett in direct context with Keller. Another words...you would have to post how they are alike on the anti keller thread.

I figured it out...but do we really need to make such statements on a thread that isn't even the thread in the posted statement? Should we go around giving people warnings about behavior that hasn't even happened?

Are we a bunch of 5 year olds on a playground? It's like saying...."you stay in your area or I'm telling!"

Come on posters...we can do better than that!
                          Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Not nesscarily. Just because someone likes Beckett doesn't mean they?* hate Keller or somone who like Keller doesn't hate Beckett. I was?* Pro Carter and a Pro Weir when S4 was airing.
                            Hmmm... would be interesting to find out though...

*(Chants: POLL, POLL, POLL!)*

Comment

Hmmm... would be interesting to find out though...

*(Chants: POLL, POLL, POLL!)*
                              If you don't like Keller please come and join in the anti-keller thread, I would hate to feel that you were scared just because you don't like Beckett! We all have different opinions about who we like and don't like, I personally love Beckett but wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't. (I wouldn't mention that you don't like him on the anti-keller thread tho, just keep it to Keller bashing!)
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm always playing catch-up....

Cos that would straighten things out a lot wouldn't it....
                                Not suggesting...just observing.

Most people who hate keller (with exception of a few) seem IMO, to be very pro beckett.

Overall beckett is IMO, a better character than Keller but still shy of the level of development the writer's gained with Dr. Frasier... and she was never full time.

Out of all the docs the show has had...I prefer Frasier and will write for her in anything I conjure up. I would like to do a shippy story where F raiser and Beckett have to work together on the wraith problem...mainly because I think Janet would have approached it differently.

Of course I also think...weir should have been placed on shep's team season 2. Teyla should have gone down to reoccurring character and stayed with her people. Ronon should have been a reoccurring rogue loner and stayed that way. Ford should have been developed, made immune to the wraith and holds the key to the immunity. The colonel that blamed Shep for the first colonel's death should have remained in charge of the city. Shep never should have been given a promotion to head of security and then allowed off world....should have stayed a major with weir acting in Daniel's position as translator and negotiator.

That would have shifted the direction of the show...heaven forbid they do that!

.: Uh huh. Really. I can delve into a million deep reasons why I love Carson. It seems most people cannot for Keller.
                                Some people find her very likable. I don't but that doesn't mean there isn't a reason for someone else to like her.

I would have liked keller better as a reoccurring doctor who worked with Carson but was very insecure. (say she was chubby teen and spent most of her time in books and needed people skills.) Carson could have been a mentor to her and she could have gradually worked into the series...I think people would liked her better that way.
                                Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                                X