This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stargate121x View Post
    Who agrees with me that Ford should make another appearance, even if it ends up being his complete last. I liked him in season 1, and was a bit upset when he left in season 2, but i ended up liking ronan better tho. At the end of episode 11 of season 2 when ford was still stuck on the hive ship and both of the ships exploded, i knew he must've somehow escaped and i expected 2 find out his fate, but nothing so far.

I figured by at least season 4 they would show wat happend 2 him but now i'm thinking it's not gonna happen anymore. I think he should be brought back just once, cuz in stargate, if some1 isn't actually shown being dead or confirmed being dead, than they're not.
    idk. I didn't like ford until he went all weird, but then I kinda didn't like ford at all.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

It's unfortunate that the writer's had to make Ford such an inane character. This has probably been said before, but Ford had a ton of potential as an explosives expert (and perhaps to some degree a chemist)--however, instead he is remembered just as that guy who was bad at naming things and hung out in the background. In fact, the episode Home does a very good job of literally portraying this... In the revelation scene in the gate room you will notice that Ford literally stands in the background behind everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        He was in 24 episode, so he deserves to be at the 100th episode.

But I think they won't call him or Weir back, because they have to admit their mistake.
        They did call Weir back, its just that she's got a bit of a bee in her bonnet and refused, but we won't go there as that is a topic for another thread.

Originally posted by TBA View Post
        Agreed, he doesn't have to be back. But the least they could've done was giving him some closure in season 2. Some *real* closure.
        I'm with JM on this one, I think being on an exploding Hive ship is fairly definite closure. I really don't understand this need to claim that he got off the ship when there is no evidence and no reason to believe it.
        If he did get off, do you not think that maybe we would've run into him at some point in the last 2 years? Nope, he's dead, I mean REALLY dead!

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
        Ford had great potential but the writers never followed through with him. When tptb decided to give him an arc...he became wacko ford and I didn't care that much for him.

Ronon has little or no follow through too...but Ronon has the physical body that sets him apart.

RSF is a good looking guy but doesn't stand out of a crowd. Ronon hovers above everyone else.

IMO, Ronon is just as replaceable ad Ford was. Neither is an absolute must for the survival of the series.
        I never really thought much of Ford until he used the enzyme. From this point on, he could've been a really great and unpredictable character, kind of like Ronon sans the obvious physical differences which does make Ronon more intimidating.

I think Ronon is what Enzyme-Ford could've become, but definitely agree that there was massive potential for Ford in his journey to get there.

Ronon is great and I really hope that if Atlantis gets renewed for S6, that Jason stays on. I'm not sure Atlantis could take losing another major cast member, regardless of who it is. Hell, I think even losing Teyla could do some serious damage at this point, and she's been virtually a non-entity for the last 4 years.

Comment

He's dead, why can't people get that. It's because characters keep coming back to life that we have so much confusion and cheesyness on the show. It's pointless to die if fans know you will come back, there are no feelings involved. And if you ask me, Carson should've stayed dead as well. It would've been better in season 5/6 to go "whoa man remember carson? man that was so sad"... now *fart* he came back.
          My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
            He's dead, why can't people get that. It's because characters keep coming back to life that we have so much confusion and cheesyness on the show.
            A lot of the confusion was probably based not on the fact that we didn't see a shot of Ford right before the explosion but rather that Sheppard said at the end of the episode he wouldn't be surprised if they came across Ford again. If the writers intended to finish Ford's story arc right there then writing that line of dialogue was a mistake. Considering that we haven't seen Ford since I don't expect we will see him again, although it might be worth noting that Bates returned 3 seasons after his supposed death/removal.

Comment

Poor Ford is off in no wheresville with Jonas. They had a character starring for one season, but decided to write him off, and just completely forget that he ever existed.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                You know why Ford isn't coming back? Do you really want to know why? Because the Writers on this show Suck, and if not them then the Executive [snip] Producers suck!!!!!

Ford hasn't returned and never will because of their collective incompetence. Season what ever this one is supposed to be, shall suck as much as the last one did. What a waste that was. And now another lack luster season. Maybe two, or three episodes of the last season were so so. One I can recall was major bad @$$. The rest
                vooooommmmmiiiittttt.

Be bold daring, this is why no scifi show will ever come close to what the original Startrek was. That show went out there and stayed out there, that's why it will always be the greatest scifi show on earth. And each and every one of the incarnations of Startrek kicked major buttocks except for season 1-4 of enterprise, since, season 5 was great, but too late.

At this point I could care less if they canceled Atlantis, and a few years ago I swore SGA was the second coming of SG1, boy was I wrong.

Super Ford was the coolest concept ever, but they lost the Gonads to continue and took the coward's way out, *******.
                *yawns looks at watch and roles eyes.* Uh huh go gripe somewhere else and FYI it's against rules to bash the actors or crew.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Hmm...the day of Ford is gone.

If I had to support Ford in S5, Ford would have needed to make an appareance in S3 and S4. He didn't show up in either and so that leads me to believe him a non-entity and definitely a figure not to dwell on any longer.

I won't deny that the story they gave him opened the door for lots of development not only for the characters but also for Ford himself and definitely the PG. But rather than "nurturing" the story the writers instead dropped it and left in the air for too long that it basically faded into nothingness.

I won't shed any tears over it, although I was disappointed. If they writers were to jump and add Ford all of the sudden I'd be really thrown off of the storyline and they would have to work a great deal to balance the several years absence in regards to the show and 2 season absence in regards to the audience.

So, although I believed at one time in the resurrection of Ford and something dynamic, the chance is past and I think we as fans should move and get over it. Not something I take lightly, mind you, but 2 years and no talk....lets move on and look to the future. <---Gosh, I've been watching the news way too much. I sound like politician or Axelrod...more like a politician.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Im sure well see him one last time. I personally hope for a time travel from the later seasons to the first season or something like that. Or each part of the city is a different time period or something scifieclly. Maybe use a recording of a weir speach over the intercom, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      I would actually like to see him back on the show full time. I know that's likely never going to happen but I think him and ronon would make an awesome team working together properly.
                      I agree with ya. I would love to have him back FT as well.

Comment

I would like to see Ford again. But then again I wouldn't really care all that much if we didn't. I would however would have loved to see Ford overcome his addiction to the wraith enzyme and see how wrong he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          He was in 24 episode, so he deserves to be at the 100th episode.

But I think they won't call him or Weir back, because they have to admit their mistake.
                          I like that idea! Maybe him and Michael can battle it out and he sacrifices himself for the Atlantis team one last time, taking Michael with him. At least give the character some finality!

sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

Todd's character with a few tweaks could have easily been where Ford could be

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Who is Ford again?
                              He's that bit of dust floating amongst the debris orbiting that planet from "The Hive".

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                              He's dead, why can't people get that. It's because characters keep coming back to life that we have so much confusion and cheesyness on the show. It's pointless to die if fans know you will come back, there are no feelings involved. And if you ask me, Carson should've stayed dead as well. It would've been better in season 5/6 to go "whoa man remember carson? man that was so sad"... now *fart* he came back.
                              AMEN!

Originally posted by Lt. Ford View Post
                              Poor Ford is off in no wheresville with Jonas. They had a character starring for one season, but decided to write him off, and just completely forget that he ever existed.
                              What should they do? Have the remaining characters ask about him every few episodes?

"Oh, by the way, any word on whether or not Ford's dust has reconstituted itself into a person?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                                He's that bit of dust floating amongst the debris orbiting that planet from "The Hive".

AMEN!

What should they do? Have the remaining characters ask about him every few episodes?

"Oh, by the way, any word on whether or not Ford's dust has reconstituted itself into a person?"
                                I say they should just drop him...Theres nothing more they can do with him
                                Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

Working...
                                X