This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
    The shows producer Joe Mallozzi has said we won't be seeing Ford in season 5 and when he was asked when will the producers clear up ford's unclear ending [last seen on a hive that blew up] Mallozzi said that being on an exploding ship was a pretty definite ending

IMO Ford died in that episode, sacrificing himself to let Sheppard. Sheppards comment at the end was wishful thinking
    Agreed. He's basically become the Jonas of Atlantis. The difference for me actually is I liked Jonas. Ford....not so much.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Another one?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

You know why Ford isn't coming back? Do you really want to know why? Because the Writers on this show Suck, and if not them then the Executive [snip] Producers suck!!!!!

Ford hasn't returned and never will because of their collective incompetence. Season what ever this one is supposed to be, shall suck as much as the last one did. What a waste that was. And now another lack luster season. Maybe two, or three episodes of the last season were so so. One I can recall was major bad @$$. The rest
        vooooommmmmiiiittttt.

Be bold daring, this is why no scifi show will ever come close to what the original Startrek was. That show went out there and stayed out there, that's why it will always be the greatest scifi show on earth. And each and every one of the incarnations of Startrek kicked major buttocks except for season 1-4 of enterprise, since, season 5 was great, but too late.

At this point I could care less if they canceled Atlantis, and a few years ago I swore SGA was the second coming of SG1, boy was I wrong.

Super Ford was the coolest concept ever, but they lost the Gonads to continue and took the coward's way out, *******.
        Last edited by TameFarrar; 22 May 2008, 08:29 PM. Reason: opinion is fine, name calling is not

Comment

Aaaah ha ha ha

Comment

I'd like to see him among Michael's Hybrids....

Comment

What does Ford have anything to do with being daring?

Comment

He was in 24 episode, so he deserves to be at the 100th episode.

But I think they won't call him or Weir back, because they have to admit their mistake.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Ford, in some way or another, has to come back
                  No, he really doesn't.

I'm not an anti-Ford person, and I didn't dislike him the first times I saw him in the SG:A eps, but after you watch the eps a few times (it apparently takes that long for me), you could see that he wasn't exactly a character to keep around. He wasn't appreciated - Sheppard always had to break his jokes - and too much a kid at times, maybe?

So changing Ford into Ronon was a good call.

Now, getting Ronon and Teyla some more text, and Rodney and John some less, that's gotta be the next challenge.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Agreed, he doesn't have to be back. But the least they could've done was giving him some closure in season 2. Some *real* closure.
                    Mia: Don't you hate that?
                    Vincent: Hate what?
                    Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                    Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                    Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                    - Pulp Fiction

Comment

I really missed Ford after he left. I loved his character.

However, I do agree with the comment about not knowing his future. They kinda left us hanging for that (or waiting for us to forget?!)
                      Jack: "Teal'c, look scary and take lead."
                      Jack: (to a nurse with a needle) "Listen, really jam it in this time, okay!"
                      Sheppard: The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns... we fight them too. Entire armies, spilling out of Volkswagens. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in.

Comment

Ford had great potential but the writers never followed through with him. When tptb decided to give him an arc...he became wacko ford and I didn't care that much for him.

Ronon has little or no follow through too...but Ronon has the physical body that sets him apart.

RSF is a good looking guy but doesn't stand out of a crowd. Ronon hovers above everyone else.

IMO, Ronon is just as replaceable ad Ford was. Neither is an absolute must for the survival of the series.
                        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

I Doubt Ford will ever come back.
                          Carl Sagan on Nuclear self Destruction

Comment

» Hm. Plus I believe Rainbow's moved to LA, so it gives TPTB more of a reason to say "he's unavailible"

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                              He was in 24 episode, so he deserves to be at the 100th episode.

But I think they won't call him or Weir back, because they have to admit their mistake.
                              Or they were both just really bad characters, and are best forgotten. If they regret getting rid of a character then they'll bring them back, like Beckett.
                              Last edited by jenks; 26 May 2008, 02:38 AM.

Comment

'Just another written of character... Destroyed by the writers, abandoned by the fans... Forgotten by both.'

Although, Weir was a nice character and added some flavour to the show, unlike Ford.
                                Mia: Don't you hate that?
                                Vincent: Hate what?
                                Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                                Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                                Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                                - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Working...
                                X