Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you not heard that TPTB really, really, really REGRET the Furlings?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

yeah i heard, but you know, you spend years building this mytho about this race and giving a few snippets here and there eventually you get an audience backlash saying we want them... which is what happened here.

But forget the furlings because your right TPTB regret creating them.

I've been watching eps of s4 again today and the wraith are in ruins, it looks like they need some major turning around to become the main antagonist again, it seems to be a grudge match between michael's forces and the wraith, but still with our single 304 that appears regularly and our hidden base we can take pot shots and win every now and again...

Spoiler:
      But now there are rumours flying around that Season 5 episode "The Lost Tribe" will bring back the Asgard in some form.

I agree atlantis needs to be its own show and some more latin/roman/greek references need to be interwoven in the pegasus galaxy to fully appriciate the influence the ancients had on that galaxy...

Its nice to bring back some old aliens though some times so we have asense of continuity, that its not like Startrek:TOS and we don't have a different alien each week with one or two recurring aliens.

There are some major directions atlantis could go down and if season five doesn't show a progression for the show i'm afraid it will be Sci-Fi's last SGA season.

Comment

I don´t understand why they should regret. If they would think a little so instead of bringing some "oh so powerful new race", they could bring Furlings. Why is it so difficult? Where is the problem in doing that? It would make sense that Furlings are in Pegasus, hiding. After thousands of years, they could be something like Vorlons (Babylon 5). Powerful, mysterious, not good, not evil, just *there*. But it´s not their style.
        They need some dangerous race that can be destroyed in the end of the season, off-screen, by pushing some magic button.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Originally posted by Klenotka View Post
          I don´t understand why they should regret. If they would think a little so instead of bringing some "oh so powerful new race", they could bring Furlings. Why is it so difficult? Where is the problem in doing that? It would make sense that Furlings are in Pegasus, hiding. After thousands of years, they could be something like Vorlons (Babylon 5). Powerful, mysterious, not good, not evil, just *there*. But it´s not their style.
          They need some dangerous race that can be destroyed in the end of the season, off-screen, by pushing some magic button.
          because it would require back story for the great alliance and I doubt TPTB have something like that. They rather create another powerful new race (which will have same fate as the Ori). It's easier
          Stolen Kosovo
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X