This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Speaking of brain, yours must be exhausted being up at this time.
    Mmm... it was early morning... went back to sleep afterwards.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

long and interesting story arc in SGA? Never going to happen.
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

I've been working with story arcs regarding Atlantis in my fanfics, and they are not easy. Especially with keeping everything canon at the rate I'm writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          That would require a brain and thinking ahead, not something TPTB have proven to be good at... in my humble opinion of course.
          No, really, how do you really feel?
          sigpic The Outlaw Josey Wales
          Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

----------------

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
            what kind of story arc? The michael arc is that arc already.
            Yeah i know but the Michael arc lacks the intrigue and suspense that the show needs...

And i will say again that if the execs at scifi were stupid enough to can this show then MGM would finish anystory arc with a direct to dvd movie so if they start something they will be able to finish it, ala Ark of Truth or Farscape PeaceKeeper Wars.

I would seriously like to have some more historic epsiodes and have something build up from the time the ancients were in control and colonising atlantis to the time we are in now, some sort of dual lead in similar to the episode with the whales but more indepth, we learn a bit more about the ancients and how they colonised pegasus, flesh the bacstory out a bit more and let it lead into a major problem for the galaxy unless the team can stop it.

I don't know what exactly but my idea would prolly be like having something happen to the ancients when they first arrived in Pegasus and have a cycle similar to Mass Effect's reapers or Babylon 5's Shadows, every x amount of years something powerful awakens to assess the galaxy and cause trouble.

If you do a dual story showing similarities between how the ancients and us deal with this i think it could add the suspense and intrigue and give the show some more depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostpinky View Post
              Now that season 5 is confirmed and the replicators have been reduced to a handful of ascension fanatics its time we saw the wraith make a comeback, yes they got hit hard by the replicators but they managed to wipe out an entire galaxy of ancients.

The travellers should not be made the big bad guys imo, they should join us in a formal alliance in the pegasus galaxy.

What we need is something new, big, powerful, covering several seasons that can lead into or relate to SG:Universe when it happens.

We've had 4 seasons to get established now we need something legendary such as they did for Babylon 5 over its middle seasons.

I know some of you may not agree but i think the best stories are those that progress the underlying story arc and being the case i think we need something epic.

The Michael arc has the potential to lead into this...
              The Replciator arc needs to be settled...
              The Travellers should appear more like the Asgard did in a helpful manner... or we help them...
              The Wraith either need to be reseated as the main antagonists or become secondary like the Goa'uld did in S9 and S10.
              The Universe is infinite and we're travelling around in our 304s to many different galaxies now lets see something spectacular...

I'm open to serious ideas people would like to see...

My idea would be Atlantis dealing less with returning to Earth and more with finding new life... I know pegasus was devoid of life when the ancients colonised it but if it is the pegasus galaxy near Andromeda (again speculation) surely there has to be some big bads in the Andromeda Galaxy.

Even if you don't want to take it outside of Pegasus the current capabilities of our heros are... we easliy destroy wraith ships, we're hiding all the time from the full wraith assault... the wraith are currrently fighting amongst themselves becuase they don't have a large enough threat to take on... which could have happened with the replicators.

We need something new and i hope this new enemy they are talking about in the later part of season 5 becomes that epic adventure that this show needs.

SG1 set the roots, Atlantis was meant to be a means to destroying the Goa'uld, it really didn't help much and we don't hear much about technology that gets adapted from lantean tech for human use.

We need some sort of progression... I think the foothold aliens would make a good new enemy, they were never really developed, they had the tech to come here from another galaxy, there is potential there as there is in alot of aliens races that sg1 developed, we need atlantis to move away from its Lantean-Wraith specifics and branch out a bit.

Don't get me wrong I love Stargate and would not stop watching it ever but i think if the stories don't become a bit more indepth and intriguing it could lead to the end of SGA after season 5.

DO you guys agree or not and why?
              best Thread I Have Read All Day!

Comment

So no one has any serious ideas they'd like to see for direction for atlantis to take?

Comment

I would seriously like to have some more historic epsiodes and have something build up from the time the ancients were in control and colonising atlantis to the time we are in now, some sort of dual lead in similar to the episode with the whales but more indepth, we learn a bit more about the ancients and how they colonised pegasus, flesh the bacstory out a bit more and let it lead into a major problem for the galaxy unless the team can stop it.
                  It sounded great at this point in your post, i read on.

I don't know what exactly but my idea would prolly be like having something happen to the ancients when they first arrived in Pegasus and have a cycle similar to Mass Effect's reapers or Babylon 5's Shadows, every x amount of years something powerful awakens to assess the galaxy and cause trouble.
                  umm, The Wraith maybe????

If you do a dual story showing similarities between how the ancients and 'us' deal with this i think it could add the suspense and intrigue and give the show some more depth.
                  I agree with this last bit though!

sigpic

Comment

Now that season 5 is confirmed and the replicators have been reduced to a handful of ascension fanatics its time we saw the wraith make a comeback, yes they got hit hard by the replicators but they managed to wipe out an entire galaxy of ancients.

The travellers should not be made the big bad guys imo, they should join us in a formal alliance in the pegasus galaxy.

What we need is something new, big, powerful, covering several seasons that can lead into or relate to SG:Universe when it happens.

We've had 4 seasons to get established now we need something legendary such as they did for Babylon 5 over its middle seasons.

I know some of you may not agree but i think the best stories are those that progress the underlying story arc and being the case i think we need something epic.

The Travellers should appear more like the Asgard did in a helpful manner... or we help them...
                    The Wraith either need to be reseated as the main antagonists or become secondary like the Goa'uld did in S9 and S10.
                    The Universe is infinite and we're travelling around in our 304s to many different galaxies now lets see something spectacular...

My idea would be Atlantis dealing less with returning to Earth and more with finding new life... I know pegasus was devoid of life when the ancients colonised it but if it is the pegasus galaxy near Andromeda (again speculation) surely there has to be some big bads in the Andromeda Galaxy.

Even if you don't want to take it outside of Pegasus the current capabilities of our heros are... we easliy destroy wraith ships, we're hiding all the time from the full wraith assault... the wraith are currrently fighting amongst themselves becuase they don't have a large enough threat to take on... which could have happened with the replicators.

We need something new and i hope this new enemy they are talking about in the later part of season 5 becomes that epic adventure that this show needs.

SG1 set the roots, Atlantis was meant to be a means to destroying the Goa'uld, it really didn't help much and we don't hear much about technology that gets adapted from lantean tech for human use.

We need some sort of progression... I think the foothold aliens would make a good new enemy, they were never really developed, they had the tech to come here from another galaxy, there is potential there as there is in alot of aliens races that sg1 developed, we need atlantis to move away from its Lantean-Wraith specifics and branch out a bit.

You’re talking sense!

I agree that a new "alien" race should be integrated into Atlantis that was introduced in SG1. This would create stronger ties and also make new viewers to the Atlantis show review SG1.

if the team find a form of ancient ship yard this could be a major factor in the integration of the travellers into more episodes.

sigpic

Comment

i thought SG universe was in the "Hey guys i was taking a dump and thought of this" "yeah yeah that sounds good, we'll tell the studio" stage..
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Pretty much.

*writes scripts on at stop light on the way to work on deadline day*

Comment

Don't get me wrong I love Stargate and would not stop watching it ever but i think if the stories don't become a bit more indepth and intriguing it could lead to the end of SGA after season 5.

I agree. I thin the wraith have run their course. Michael's hybrids need to be explored more and perhaps improved upon. Also, Atlantis can introduce many humanoid races in Pegasus that keep to themselves. they could have evolved due to Ancient experimentations or like the Wraith evolved. Atlantis also needs to incorporate elements from Greek/Roman mythology. Atlantis needs to be its own show, though. It shouldn't have to borrow SG-1's races in order to be great.
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                            I agree. I thin the wraith have run their course. Michael's hybrids need to be explored more and perhaps improved upon. Also, Atlantis can introduce many humanoid races in Pegasus that keep to themselves. they could have evolved due to Ancient experimentations or like the Wraith evolved. Atlantis also needs to incorporate elements from Greek/Roman mythology. Atlantis needs to be its own show, though. It shouldn't have to borrow SG-1's races in order to be great.
                            I agree the hybrids have potential one thing I have disliked about Atlantis *don't shoot me okay?* is the fact that there is basically no allies so to speak of in the Pegasus galaxy that Atlantis can call on to help. What made the BAMSR episode so great was the fact lots of people working together for a common cause. Why not some good Wraith, like Todd maybe others who don't want to have to have to depend on humans for food maybe they could find a way so the Wraith could live on regular food and not need humans for food. More enemies are good but more friends would be even better. Travelers are okay but does Atlantis have any way to get in touch with them? Maybe a long story arc involving some of these elements combined with an interesting storyline include more personal interaction like SG-1 had would improve the series a lot in my opinon.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

I think any sensible aliens in Pegasus would have left, what with the Wraith and all.
                              SGA is about the Wraith, just like SG-1 was about the Goa'uld. Even when the Ori were introduced, the Goa'uld were still a major threat. Show me the Wraith getting their hands on Furling technology, and we'll talk. We've got the knowledge of the Ancients and the Asgard. We should be unstoppable, in theory. Level the playing field a bit.

In terms of a long arc, I think the Michael angle has about another half season in it. I'd like to see the Wraith desperate, hungry, truly merciless and terrifying like they were in the beginning of S1, before various pet Wraith followed us home and we decided to keep them.

Another long-term idea for me is the Genii perfecting their ATA gene experiments and using Ancient technology against both Atlantis and the Wraith. I'd love to see how another set of humans without our sometimes morals would use Ancient technology. Just like the radiation sickness and cancer from their nuclear program, perhaps the gene isn't perfect and those who can use Ancient tech are also dying. An easy copout for us to sympathise with them and have to help/defeat them for their own good.
                              Last edited by nx01a; 28 May 2008, 02:21 PM.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

As much as we all want to see the furlings i don't think that race should ever be brought away from SG1, i think for SG1 they need to do a movie that introduces the furlings.

The mimetic aliens would be my pick for a race to come in and rival the wraith, they had the tech, the will and they were from another galaxy.

Like i said the michael arc seems very shallow to me there is very little to sink your teeth into there.

I agree that the best i think atlantis has offered up has been the BAMSR/SOW double epsiode because it brought so many elements of SGA together. it would be great if they set that up in season five with this new race and spread it over two or more seasons, even if they do get cancelled they finish the story in an sg1 style d2dvd movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X