Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point I do not like the formula of an all female team… but as I don’t believe the episode is going to be focusing on them, I’ve decided I’ll wait and see… it could turn into a good episode after all

Comment

Well, this is...expected.

Lorne has an all-male team, nobody cares.

We now have an all-female team...much angst is had.

Yeah, no double standards here. Nope.

Originally posted by DetriusXii View Post
      Well, we got a taste of "comedy" in Irresistable. A comedy about rape wasn't all that funny. I think all the writers, except for Brad Wright, need to be replaced. They just can't do females or get Stargate right.
      I suggest you check out who came up with Irresistible.

Comment

Just my two cents but an all female team seems pretty lame. I'm all for hot women running around in uniform but iot seems a bit outta place.

Although i do remember reading something about the show being aimed at 18-40something males. This seems a shameless attempt to latch onto that.

EDIT: its hardly double standards, its not representitie having an all female team. It would be like having an all black team or an all asian team.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

I suggest you check out who came up with Irresistible.
          Dude, As long as they are not posting misfacts then it really doesn't matter to me. They are entitled to their complaints like we are to our Praising.

Honestly dude, when SGU comes out, people will be complaining about that also. You have to take it like a Grain of Salt. I made a complaint about BSG's episode last night and I got redded. It truly is amazing when you are on the other end.

It's not like this group is going to be stealing the show. It is just a little flair and nothing more.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Dude, As long as they are not posting misfacts then it really doesn't matter to me. They are entitled to their complaints like we are to our Praising.

Honestly dude, when SGU comes out, people will be complaining about that also. You have to take it like a Grain of Salt. I made a complaint about BSG's episode last night and I got redded. It truly is amazing when you are on the other end.

It's not like this group is going to be stealing the show. It is just a little flair and nothing more.
            Ohh so that was you that recieved the red *should have known *

Dude you seem to be having all the luck with getting reds, tis a shame aswell because I see nothing wrong with what you have to say or how you conduct yourself on the forum

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
              Ohh so that was you that recieved the red *should have known *

Dude you seem to be having all the luck with getting reds, tis a shame aswell because I see nothing wrong with what you have to say or how you conduct yourself on the forum
              Some people just don't like me because I try and support my favorite shows and give the benefit of the doubt. Even if I hated an episode, I'll still look for the good points to post. I just cannot be that negative.
              sigpic

Comment

Some people just don't like me because I try and support my favorite shows and give the benefit of the doubt. Even if I hated an episode, I'll still look for the good points to post. I just cannot be that negative.
                yeah I've noticed shame though I was just reading through that thread and I cannot see where you when wrong

...any green for guessing who it was?

Comment

Originally posted by farcue View Post
                  Just my two cents but an all female team seems pretty lame. I'm all for hot women running around in uniform but iot seems a bit outta place.

Although i do remember reading something about the show being aimed at 18-40something males. This seems a shameless attempt to latch onto that.

EDIT: its hardly double standards, its not representitie having an all female team. It would be like having an all black team or an all asian team.
                  Not representative of what? Real life expeditions to other galaxies?

Comment

Well I can say with total honesty I am very much the same. I can always say something good about a show that I like or even a movie even if it was the worset thing I have seen (like my feelings to the first ep pf the latest season of Dr Who) but there are unfortunatly somepeople who don't like that.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                      Well I can say with total honesty I am very much the same. I can always say something good about a show that I like or even a movie even if it was the worset thing I have seen (like my feelings to the first ep pf the latest season of Dr Who) but there are unfortunatly somepeople who don't like that.
                      We all have our different views, and it's all good. However I feel people judge something way too much before it happens. That is my biggest issue here.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        Not representative of what? Real life expeditions to other galaxies?
                        Exactly!

...fear me! for i am immune to sarcasam!

Comment

Originally posted by dragongirl View Post
                          ...but there are unfortunatly somepeople who don't like that.
                          And the same goes for not tolerating or not accepting the fact that there are those who have complaints.

Personally, I feel like half the time my opinion is not valued as one cause it's too negative or not to the liking of some people. And in this thread I've been getting that horrible vibe... Unfortunately...

Nothing personal to you Dragongirl. Like your username, btw. Totall random, I know.

Also, in response to PG15's all male team of Lorne not being a big issue while the all female team is -> the way they will be portrayed and the way the show is aimed at that damn male demographic. There's the difference why Lorne and his men can saunter around Atlantis without much issues, and the all female team will be under scrutiny (that the right word here?).
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You don't know how the female team will be portrayed.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              And the same goes for not tolerating or not accepting the fact that there are those who have complaints.

Personally, I feel like half the time my opinion is not valued as one cause it's too negative or not to the liking of some people. And in this thread I've been getting that horrible vibe... Unfortunately...

Nothing personal to you Dragongirl. Like your username, btw. Totall random, I know.

Also, in response to PG15's all male team of Lorne not being a big issue while the all female team is -> the way they will be portrayed and the way the show is aimed at that damn male demographic. There's the difference why Lorne and his men can saunter around Atlantis without much issues, and the all female team will be under scrutiny (that the right word here?).
                              I totally value your opinion, but sometimes people are just too damn negative. I mean if someone said "Well this sounds a little weird, I have my doubts, but maybe it could work, I might fall off my chair and have a heart attack.

Instead people say.. "AN ALL FEMALE TEAM!! WTF?? WHAT IS THIS A FRAT HOUSE?"

So it is going to make people like myself question those comments.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Nooo waaayyyy.

(reminds me of the last exams where I was the one to write the protocol and a colleague asked me "why did you as a woman study maths and physics". Hooraaay for the 21st century)
                                The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                                X