Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is something interesting on Jason Mamoa's impression of Ronon's and McKay's relationship.

GW: There was a line in "Quarantine" about how she reminded him of ...

JM: My wife. Yeah, I don't know. I think it needs to be more of Ronon and Sheppard fighting over a woman. That would be more fun. Because me and McKay aren't friends in the first place. It's a mutual respect, but we love-hate each other. I don't want to say I love ... but I care for Sheppard. He's my best friend. So that would make it a little more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
      Here is something interesting on Jason Mamoa's impression of Ronon's and McKay's relationship.

GW: There was a line in "Quarantine" about how she reminded him of ...

JM: My wife. Yeah, I don't know. I think it needs to be more of Ronon and Sheppard fighting over a woman. That would be more fun. Because me and McKay aren't friends in the first place. It's a mutual respect, but we love-hate each other. I don't want to say I love ... but I care for Sheppard. He's my best friend. So that would make it a little more interesting.
      Thats a pretty sad statement to make. Although I didnt enjoy this interview at all so ignore me
      sigpic
      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Yeah, some depressing insights in this interview. We've debated Ronon's hostility toward McKay in the past, but this interview was pretty definitive on that front. Jason seems almost annoyed to have scenes with Rodney. Not that there's anything wrong with that preference; he's entitled to enjoy or not enjoy any of the material given to him. It's just depressing as a fan.
        Theoretically spoilerish:
        Spoiler:
        Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

i said it before and ill say it again: rodney is what makes SGA SGA and not SG1 where the whole team is happy, nice and successfull. rodney makes things much more interesting. and that OMG face. adorable! so he needs to stay

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
            Thats a pretty sad statement to make. Although I didnt enjoy this interview at all so ignore me
            I agree. Jason Momoa spent alot of the interview saying very negative things.

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
            Yeah, some depressing insights in this interview. We've debated Ronon's hostility toward McKay in the past, but this interview was pretty definitive on that front. Jason seems almost annoyed to have scenes with Rodney. Not that there's anything wrong with that preference; he's entitled to enjoy or not enjoy any of the material given to him. It's just depressing as a fan.
            Does anyone know if Jason Momoa and David Hewlett get along as i seems like he doesnt want to have scenes with Rodney as i would mean having to spend time with David Hewlett.

It is something the writers really have to work on. We are not asking for McKay and Ronon to be best of friends who tell each other everything but abit of friendship would be nice.

Comment

I'm not sure if it's that he doesn't like David, or just the fact that he and Joe are really, really close. Maybe it's not our business. But it makes me sad, because they've had some good scenes together and I was hoping for more. Even when I DO see said scenes now, it'll always be in the back of my mind that he's not crazy about doing them.
              Spoiler:
              Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

I don't know that we can assume that Jason doesn't like David. I think I have read interviews talking about the three of them horsing around and goofing off. I've always had the impression that Jason and David got along just fine.

As far as Ronon goes, however, this interview makes me sad. Not that it's anything I haven't already said or believed, but I guess I just didn't want to be right. I adore Rodney - he will always be my central character on this show. Even though I love Sheppard nearly as much as Rodney (maybe just as much) I came to my love for Sheppard through his relationship with Rodney, not the other way around. Probably part of my love for Elizabeth and Carson and my greater difficulty connecting with Ronon and Teyla had a great deal to do with their relationships with Rodney as I perceived them to be portrayed on the screen. Rodney's friends were Sheppard, Elizabeth, Carson, and Radek. Elizabeth and Carson were killed off and Radek is recurring, so that left Rodney with Sheppard as his only real anchor point. I've said before that I felt like he was somewhat adrift last season, and I kind of still believe it.

I did feel like they were building a Ronon & Rodney relationship in the latter half of S3, with scenes in episodes like Tao, The Game, Sunday, and Vengeance. Unfortunately that was all pretty much abandoned in S4.
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KindlyKeller View Post
                  I am not surprised, would you want to be in scenes where the character you are playing is constantly belittled by another character? Can't say I blame the man. Rodney has absolutely no respect for others in general and Ronon in particular. That is why I dislike Rodney, he is such a jerk to other people. Only when faced with his own mortality ( the Tao of Rodney) does he act nice, but then once the danger is over he quickly returns to form.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                    I am not surprised, would you want to be in scenes where the character you are playing is constantly belittled by another character? Can't say I blame the man. Rodney has absolutely no respect for others in general and Ronon in particular. That is why I dislike Rodney, he is such a jerk to other people. Only when faced with his own mortality ( the Tao of Rodney) does he act nice, but then once the danger is over he quickly returns to form.
                    Yup pretty much sums up Rodney......I admire Ronon's restraint,if it was me i would have shot Rodney a long time ago
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                      I am not surprised, would you want to be in scenes where the character you are playing is constantly belittled by another character? Can't say I blame the man.
                      As an actor? As if you'd care.

Rodney has absolutely no respect for others in general and Ronon in particular. That is why I dislike Rodney, he is such a jerk to other people. Only when faced with his own mortality ( the Tao of Rodney) does he act nice, but then once the danger is over he quickly returns to form.
                      Nonsense. Now whether he shows it or not is another matter. Rodney is not a people person, and doesn't really care too much when he annoys people. But when he realises he has genuinely upset someone it bothers him, and you can tell.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        As an actor? As if you'd care.

Nonsense. Now whether he shows it or not is another matter. Rodney is not a people person, and doesn't really care too much when he annoys people. But when he realises he has genuinely upset someone it bothers him, and you can tell.
                        If he doesn't show it how do you know it bothers him. Rodney treats most people like they are not worth the time of day, including Radek, but then when he is faced with his own motality he seems to find a conscience for a few moments, but usually reverts back to his condesending snarky self in the next ep. Rodney spends most of his time belittling those around him, including his team mates but we are meant to feel sorry for him because his own sister teases him...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                          If he doesn't show it how do you know it bothers him. Rodney treats most people like they are not worth the time of day, including Radek, but then when he is faced with his own motality he seems to find a conscience for a few moments, but usually reverts back to his condesending snarky self in the next ep. Rodney spends most of his time belittling those around him, including his team mates but we are meant to feel sorry for him because his own sister teases him...
                          How do I know that what bothers him?

Comment

I won't even argue, because it's not worth it. Rodney deals in hyperbole that everyone knows he doesn't mean. Ronon genuinely dislikes and is hostile toward McKay. But that's just my opinion, I guess.
                            Spoiler:
                            Sig courtesy of Pandora.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
                              ITA!!! He is a "mean little man" and needs to grow up quite a bit. When his sister asks him about Katie, she says how lucky Rodney was to find her and what does he do in quarantine? go all hypochondriac (which is a narcissic personality disorder) and then ditches her. not a person I would want around for any length of time!

Comment

She was with him for a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X