Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack, Daniel, Carter, Teal'C should show up. The original SG-1 side by side with Atlantis. Best finale ever

Comment

I really hope not.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGreen View Post
        Jack, Daniel, Carter, Teal'C should show up. The original SG-1 side by side with Atlantis. Best finale ever
        From a financial point of view, that would take a good portion of their budget.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          From a financial point of view, that would take a good portion of their budget.
          Not if its an on base episode. Jack & Woolsey can share stories & see whos better at commanding a base. Teal'C & Ronon can have a rematch with John & the rest of the soliders & scientists watching & betting on them again. Rodney & Carter & can find out who is the smartest once & for all

Comment

It also depends on wether they can get a bigger budget for this episode...

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

They couldn't afford it. And if they get a bigger budget, heck, get McGillion back for more episodes instead Or Higginson..

Comment

Higginson is gone. I can't see her reappearing in any form apart from if the show flashbacks from S1-3.

Beckett? hell yeah, get him back

Comment

Weir will very likely be erased from memory, like it happened with Jonas on SG1.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure that they'll be erasing Wier like they did with Ford or Jonas but they will probably ignore the Higginson-Wier

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                      It also depends on wether they can get a bigger budget for this episode...
                      what do you mean? every ep costs around 2 million. we'll probably see another (or more) cheap eps like Quarantine, Trio

Originally posted by Dr Lee View Post
                      I'm not sure that they'll be erasing Wier like they did with Ford or Jonas but they will probably ignore the Higginson-Wier
                      they pretty much have to since TH won't appear in s5
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        they pretty much have to since TH won't appear in s5

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Not if its an on base episode. Jack & Woolsey can share stories & see whos better at commanding a base. Teal'C & Ronon can have a rematch with John & the rest of the soliders & scientists watching & betting on them again. Rodney & Carter & can find out who is the smartest once & for all
                          You think SG1 was canceled because of ratings?
                          Keeping the same x amount of actors on a show for 10 straight years gets extremely expensive...
                          RDA, Chris Judge, Amanda Tapping, and Michael Shanks (not saying BB and Claudia Black shouldn't show up but...) would take up a substantial amount of the budget.

I'd love to see the SG1 crew, but I doubt it would be that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad9 View Post
                            You think SG1 was canceled because of ratings?
                            Keeping the same x amount of actors on a show for 10 straight years gets extremely expensive...
                            RDA, Chris Judge, Amanda Tapping, and Michael Shanks (not saying BB and Claudia Black shouldn't show up but...) would take up a substantial amount of the budget.

I'd love to see the SG1 crew, but I doubt it would be that episode.
                            You know, this IS Stargate ATLANTIS, not SG1. SG1 had a decade, now two movies. Putting SG1 characters into SGA's 100th episode makes no sense. SG1 had a 100th episode and more. Let SGA have its own show and let the SG1 characters (and actors) move on. I'd suggest the writers also stop falling back on the safety net of shoving SG1 characters on the series as well.

The cost would be far too high and woudl no doubt cause the writers to pen a crappy flashback episode or two because they coudln't afford to make a real epsiode.

Oh, but if they have to schedule the 100th episode around Tapping, then I say nix her appearance. We saw how well working around RDA's tight schedule did with SG1...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              You know, this IS Stargate ATLANTIS, not SG1. SG1 had a decade, now two movies. Putting SG1 characters into SGA's 100th episode makes no sense. SG1 had a 100th episode and more. Let SGA have its own show and let the SG1 characters (and actors) move on. I'd suggest the writers also stop falling back on the safety net of shoving SG1 characters on the series as well.

The cost would be far too high and woudl no doubt cause the writers to pen a crappy flashback episode or two because they coudln't afford to make a real epsiode.

Oh, but if they have to schedule the 100th episode around Tapping, then I say nix her appearance. We saw how well working around RDA's tight schedule did with SG1...
                              Lot of people stoped watching Atlantis after the cast changes in S4. With SG1's characters TPTB made up for that by bringing new viewers, and were able to keep the ratings and go into a new season. It's business, what ever brings viewers, brings money, and they will do it.

Tapping will return to shot Atlantis after she's done with Sanctuary, so I'm guessing that won't be a big problem.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                                Lot of people stoped watching Atlantis after the cast changes in S4. With SG1's characters TPTB made up for that by bringing new viewers, and were able to keep the ratings and go into a new season. It's business, what ever brings viewers, brings money, and they will do it.

Tapping will return to shot Atlantis after she's done with Sanctuary, so I'm guessing that won't be a big problem.
                                The cast changes were pretty moronic. Killing characters to boost ratings doesn't work. It just alienates viewers, unless you're watching "24" where it's standard to kill someone practically every episode.

As for bringing back Carter? They'd kick Woolsey off the show to bring Carter back? That would be, well, rather tacky. But shooting a show around one actor who isn't even a regular anymore isn't good business, unless of course, you got a real name. Hmm, you know, speaking of names, I'd rather they get Goran Visjnic from ER but I guess they can't afford him

I'd rather the 100th episode be about Sheppard's team. And no comedic junk, no replicators, no Ori, no gou'ald, nothing from SG1.

Comment

Working...
                                X