Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brad Wright and Robert Cooper having more involvement with Season 5!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Well I agree, they should of given her like a 3 or 4 episode deal at least. This show is not Farscape, it is better than Farscape because they take even more risks.
    also there are just four seasons of Farscape
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by SpetzAU
      Very good thing. All eps they have written have been excellent, as far as I'm concerned. However my opinion has been coloured more by SG1. Directorially though I think there are better, like Martin Wood.

Rob Cooper tends to be more experimental and risk taking with his writing, which is good because his risks always pay off.

SAme here, took two viewings to realise that SG1 s9 and s10 were actually good (though still had their issues).
      People compare S9 to Season 4 of SGA, it was not a rest in Season 4, only a leadership change, the same issues and story arcs were continuing or were brought back. I agree, watched S9 again and I thought it was better the 2nd time I saw it.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        What mess?
        Oh please, drop the clueless act. You know what I'm talking about

I hope Reiko knows I am only joking around though. I never attack someone for their personal civilized opinion.
        Yep, I know While I find your obsession with ratings rather disturbing, you are a rather kind soul

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
          [FONT="Georgia"]

Afraid not. I think your talking about the mess that was S3.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Afraid not. I think your talking about the mess that was S3.
            Hey now, Season 3 was great!
            sigpic

Comment

Hey now, Season 3 was great! comparaed to the other seasons
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Hmm and Brad Wright and Cooper were the showrunners for Season 3!
                sigpic

Comment

Sometimes change is a good thing.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Sometimes change is a good thing.
                    sometimes, not always
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I wish RCC and BW be involved in the third series and the 3th and 4th DVD movie!

Maybe if the SG:U doesn't get green light, than they should reuse some idea in Atlantis.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

So this was posted on the GW homepage..

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...lantisi_.shtml

My thoughts is that Joe M, Paul M, Martin G, and co are doing a great job. Having Brad Wright and Robert cooper pitching in more for Season 5 truly can be a great thing.

Your Thoughts?
                        HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        it took joe and paul alot to bring the show out of the pit and now brad and rob are going to start killing it again R.I.P. sga
                        Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 22 March 2008, 04:18 AM.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          it took joe and paul alot to bring the show out of the pit and now brad and rob are going to start killing it again R.I.P. sga
                          Well dude, they are just likely writing one or two more eps. The main decision still lies with M&M! But dude, Brad Wright made Atlantis to what it is today.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post

Yep, I know While I find your obsession with ratings rather disturbing, you are a rather kind soul
                            Obsessed? I always have been interested in ratings, but I did not really read into them as much. It was people here who kept bashing the show, wanting it to cancel and saying the ratings were dropping, made me spring into action to prove this wrong. I learned a lot, especially that Atlantis is doing even better than last season. Sadly, I have to thank Ghost Plumbers for bringing a younger audience to the network and Atlantis.

Regardless of what 20 or so people say on a Pro or Anti thread, it lies with the ratings and viewership of the show.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well dude, they are just likely writing one or two more eps. The main decision still lies with M&M! But dude, Brad Wright made Atlantis to what it is today.
                              i like brad but rob scares me sometimes
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

A lot of people here will have to blame someone, so they blame Joe M. A lot of folks will also be upset when their favorite character is reduced, written out, or killed off. They may not watch the show with an open mind. Trust me, I was guilty of that for SG-1 Season 9, and regret the way I was.
                                Well, because I found season 4 to be lacking in the exact same way M&M's episodes usually are lacking, and because the main thing that changed production-wise was the change in showrunners.... I accept that that's circumstential evidence. And yet.
                                Anmd TBH, my objections to season 4 cannot be dismissed as "being upset a favourite was writen off". I approached season 4 was an open mind. I had my doubts, knownig that there's only 1 character I really enjoy now instead of 3, but I never let that be the deciding factor for me. It was the stories that turned me off, not the lacvk of Weir and Beckett. I was open minded about SG1's season 6 even though my favourite character left, I was open minded about season 9 - and loved it - I was open minded about season 10, and was disappointed. I as open minded about Atlantis even after the abysmal season 2...and was happy because I felt season 3 was actually good. But no, I'm afraid I'm no longer open minded.

RCC and BW are going to be more involved with this season of SGA because they are basically in between projects. Maybe the scripts will be looked and given more suggestions.
                                I'm hoping so. Cos if anything, they have a great POV and a lot to add.
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X