• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegas

http://www.sfuniverse.com/2008/12/29...is-vegas-baby/

Stargate Atlantis: Vegas, Baby
    by Cynthia on December 29th, 2008

excerpt:

When most people watch TV, they don’t give a lot of thought to the camera angles, the colors, the music or the pace. But all of these things together give a show its signature style, a style you probably aren’t even aware of until they take it away.

To that, I give you Stargate Atlantis: Vegas. From the first few moments of this, second to the last episode, I began thinking of it as CSI: Atlantis. So imagine my surprise when I found out that was what the production staff had labeled it early on in the process.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

-------------

http://www.accessatlanta.com/enterta...best_bets.html

excerpt:

“Stargate Atlantis” 9 p.m. SciFi — Det. John Sheppard investigates unusual murders in Las Vegas in this “CSI”-style episode.

Comment

SGA - Zap2IT: Misfits of SciFi: 2008 Review:

At Zap2It's Misfits of SciFi blog:

(Please follow the link for the complete blog update.)

Misfits TV: 'Supernatural', 'Life on Mars', 'Stargate Atlantis' & more

By Tamara Brooks

December 29 '08

As 2008 comes to an end, we have some great stuff to look forward to next year. Before some favorites return with new seasons (like Kyle XY and Reaper), continue on where they left off (like Battlestar Galactica), or even debut (Dollhouse!!!), let's take a moment to reflect on Fall TV and how some of Misfit-friendly shows Ryan didn't cover fared.

**snippage**

Stargate Atlantis

Current Grade: B+

While the Atlantis crew will soon be shuffling off to straight-to-DVD adventures, at least they're going out on a consistent and relatively high note. I've liked some episodes more than others but overall any season featuring Bill Nye the Science Guy in an episode gets my stamp of approval. There still wasn't enough Ronon (played so skillfully by Jason Momoa) for my taste but, well, I think it'd only be enough for me if he had his own show.

**snippage**

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Alex Levine's Blog Update Dec 29 '08 - 'Vegas':

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....5&postcount=87

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate Atlantis / Sanctuary - NBCUMV: SciFi Has Best Year Ever!:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....90&postcount=1

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Enemy at the Gate

Just a snippet from the upcoming US TV Guide. THe article is entitled 'The
            'Gate Escape'.

TV GUIDE: "consummate boys' adventure" "look for a character's
            death, romantic couplings, and lots of derring do".

Joe Flanigan: "Some story lines are sewn up, while others are set up
            for the movie."

TV Guide: "Naturally, there'll be plenty of humor that won Atlantis
            the following."

David Hewlett: "It's got this amazing way of taking science fiction
            and adding a funny spin to it."

TV Guide: "Both actors believe there are plenty more space stories
            to tell-and are eager to continue the saga in movie format."

Joe Flanigan: "I purposely didn't play the episode in a wistful,
            nostalgic way, because our theory is that this is not the last
            installment. True to form, I have a remarkedly unromantic story
            line."

REST IN MAGAZINE

--thanks to the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JoeFlaniganOnline/ for the tip

Comment

SGA - MSN TV: Tonight's Picks Jan 2 '09:

At MSN TV:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

**snippage**

Stargate Atlantis

9:00 PM, SCIFI

Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'... . In an episode set in an alternative reality, John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) is a detective investigating the discovery of a desiccated corpse on a desert road outside Las Vegas, the seventh victim of a bizarre killer. Traces of radiation lead him to a strange man with superhuman attributes. Sheppard is brought to Area 51 and meets Dr. Rodney McKay (David Hewlett), who confirms the suspect is alien.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Vegas

http://scifi.about.com/od/stargateat...5x19review.htm

Review: "Vegas" ('Stargate Atlantis' 5x19)

Excerpt:

A special effort was clearly made with "Vegas," the last episode in production even though it's being aired next-to-last. From start to finish, "Vegas" feels less like a weekly installment of a sci-fi series being produced on tight schedules at the cost of rushed effects and occasionally compromised visions. Even the actual series finale, "Enemy at the Gate" (about which more later), feels more like a conventional Stargate landmark episode, hinging on huge space battles and seemingly unpreventable peril to the entire Earth.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                  Vegas

http://scifi.about.com/od/stargateat...5x19review.htm

Review: "Vegas" ('Stargate Atlantis' 5x19)

Excerpt:

A special effort was clearly made with "Vegas," the last episode in production even though it's being aired next-to-last. From start to finish, "Vegas" feels less like a weekly installment of a sci-fi series being produced on tight schedules at the cost of rushed effects and occasionally compromised visions. Even the actual series finale, "Enemy at the Gate" (about which more later), feels more like a conventional Stargate landmark episode, hinging on huge space battles and seemingly unpreventable peril to the entire Earth.

REST AT LINK ABOVE
                  Great review...thanks! I've held out and now I REALLY can't wait to see this ep.

sigs by the talented CazzBlade, elephantgirl,CKO, kali1, csom, Luciana, Torri012 and rachel d..thanks so much!

Comment

Originally posted by chensuu View Post
                    Great review...thanks! I've held out and now I REALLY can't wait to see this ep.
                    You'll like this snippet then:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...-the-new-year/

regarding SGA "Vegas"

excerpt:

*The nice people at SciFi sent me a screener of the last two episodes, and I
                    can tell you now the penultimate episode of Stargate Atlantis on January 2nd
                    is one of their cleverest ever in terms of storytelling.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Just FYI: It's the January 5th issue, page 44, and the highlights are here.

Enemy at the Gate

Just a snippet from the upcoming US TV Guide. THe article is entitled 'The
                      'Gate Escape'.

TV GUIDE: "consummate boys' adventure" "look for a character's
                      death, romantic couplings, and lots of derring do".

Joe Flanigan: "Some story lines are sewn up, while others are set up
                      for the movie."

TV Guide: "Naturally, there'll be plenty of humor that won Atlantis
                      the following."

David Hewlett: "It's got this amazing way of taking science fiction
                      and adding a funny spin to it."

TV Guide: "Both actors believe there are plenty more space stories
                      to tell-and are eager to continue the saga in movie format."

Joe Flanigan: "I purposely didn't play the episode in a wistful,
                      nostalgic way, because our theory is that this is not the last
                      installment. True to form, I have a remarkedly unromantic story
                      line."

REST IN MAGAZINE

--thanks to the http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JoeFlaniganOnline/ for the tip

Comment

Well it's good to see that the cast are excited about the movie. Heck they rock and I'd pay good money for many more DVD movies. Give em like a 10 million dollar budget and make an awesome movie! I could live with Atlantis continued in movie format. Plus, with SCI FI airing the movie, it will make more revenue for both MGM and SCI FI!

BRING IT ON!!! ATLANTIS IS NOT DEAD!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Well it's good to see that the cast are excited about the movie. Heck they rock and I'd pay good money for many more DVD movies. Give em like a 10 million dollar budget and make an awesome movie! I could live with Atlantis continued in movie format. Plus, with SCI FI airing the movie, it will make more revenue for both MGM and SCI FI!

BRING IT ON!!! ATLANTIS IS NOT DEAD!!!!
                          As long as we get more than one movie!

Comment

As long as we get more than one movie!
                            If the cast is willing to do more, that will be half the goal. I just hope the SGA fans will really show their voice with excellent DVD sale numbers. With the show airing on SCI FI, hopefully it could pull in some high ratings as well. This will make both SCI FI and MGM happy, and will want to produce more.

Do you know what I am predicting? That SCI FI will continue ordering these SG movies if the first few ones do well next year. I believe they are airing "Ark of Truth", "Continuum", and "The SGA movie" all next year. SGA movie may be pushed back to early 2010, which is about a year from now.

So instead of awful D movies, we'll get multiple SG-1 and SGA movies. I think SCI FI was smart to include this in their deal with SGU. Because SCI FI makes it sound like they are continuing SGA in movie format, but not for just one movie. It sounds more like an ongoing thing.
                            sigpic

Comment

SGA - DigiGuide (UK): Vegas Jan 6 '09:

At DigiGuide (UK):

Tuesday 6th January 2009

Stargate Atlantis: Vegas, Sky1, 8:00pm

It's CSI: Atlantis as the sci-fi favourite is transformed into a police procedural. Inventive and intriguing, this penultimate instalment is set in a slightly askew version of Earth.

In this alternate reality, Lt. Col. John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) is a grizzled homicide detective and Richard Woolsey (Robert Picardo) an FBI agent. Both are on the bloodsplattered trail of a serial killer terrorising Las Vegas; each victim looks as though they've had the life sucked out of them.

The body count is rapidly rising and the pressure is on for the pair to bring the spree to an end. This is no ordinary case and Sheppard and Woolsey soon realise that they're facing a murderous force that is unlike anyone, or indeed anything, that they've dealt with before...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA/Sanctuary - MSN TV Blog: January Key Dates:

At MSN TV blog:

January Key Dates

Sci Fi has the series finale of "Stargate Atlantis" at 9 p.m. and the season finale of "Sanctuary" at 10 p.m.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X